TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that later in the article, but at the top, in the first sentence, it says two months before Kyron went missing she sent an email to a KATU news source.

Oh, wait. I think I get it now. I was reading that as she was sending to KATU news. But she sent it to the source of the emails, not the news station. That makes sense. It's too early in the morning for me, obviously.

You are right though Aedrys....it is misleading the way it was printed...it suggested she sent it to KATU but once you get into the article you see it is not....this kind of stuff is what confuses me and I am sure it does others....it is amazing how this stuff gets into print.

That part is confusing me: the article says that Terri sent the email to a KATU news source regarding her biological son. Then the article states that the email was recently forwarded to KATU News. I don't get it? Isa she friends with a KATU news person? Or is the KATU news source one of the mysterious sources they are getting there items from?

Why is she sending an email to KATU two months before Kyron disappeared? Did she anticipate that far in advance that he was going to go missing? I am really freaked out by this.

Gotta be a misprint or something (that "she" sent it to KATU etc). If you read further in the article, it says it was "recently forwarded" to KATU...written April 6th, probably to a friend or relative.

Why is she sending an email to KATU two months before Kyron disappeared? Did she anticipate that far in advance that he was going to go missing? I am really freaked out by this.

I agree. Why on earth would Terri be emailing KATU two months before Kyron is missing??

And who is forwarding these emails? That would be the big clue.

I thought she sent it to the news station also. Thanks for clearing that up!

In April, 2 months before Kyron disappeared, Terri sent an email to a KATU NEWS SOURCE which details what was going on with her son J. Here is the email:

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html?

Actually if I read it correctly it doesnt say Terri sent it to Katu. I think its saying she sent it to someone else who forwarded it to Katu.

Thing is if sending him to her parents would make him happy why was he only there a few weeks before moving on AGAIN?

Sorry about that folks. I understood it to mean that she sent it directly to someone at KATu. Now I see that KATU news source isn't one of the media outlets or personnel but one of their mystery contacts/"sources."

That part is confusing me: the article says that Terri sent the email to a KATU news source regarding her biological son. Then the article states that the email was recently forwarded to KATU News. I don't get it? Isa she friends with a KATU news person? Or is the KATU news source one of the mysterious sources they are getting there items from?

Matou: The "source" is a friend of Terri's who got the email two months before Kyron disappeared. This fits wit the story the other day that Terri was at the Health Club blaming Kaine for "sending away" her son.

Now that "friend" has forwarded the email to the KATU, so they are now a "source."

Your original post is worded in a confusing way - try to edit if it's not too late, or ask a Mod to do it.

This was one troubled family. And I agree; unless he just doesn't want to admit there were troubles, Kaine was pretty clueless. He paints this picture that everything was sweetness and light and 'normal'. Obviously that wasn't the case.

Poor kids :(

But we don't know what face Terri was showing to Kaine versus what face she was showing to her friends. I've known people like this. To the person that matters, they are not complaining or acting like anything is wrong. But behind that person's back, they'll complain all day like everything is wrong. I'm starting to think she wasn't talking to Kaine about anything, but going behind his back and venting to her friends about him. That's not fair to him if he didn't realize that something was wrong (and men tend to be oblivious anyway. If you're not talking to them on top of that, they may have no idea that something is really wrong). I can't stand people who do that. If there's really something wrong, address it with the person you have the problem with, and don't complain behind their back and do nothing about it.

Seems to me she spent plenty of time making herself look like the martyr mother and making Kaine look like the devil incarnate to her friends and family. That doesn't mean it was like that at all. Or it could mean that it the opposite - she could have been the problem causer and Kaine really was trying to play referee and placate her.

In any case, I do feel for the kids as I do feel like things were not totally right in that house. But I don't think that's Kaine's fault.

I agree and it seems like they didn't do a lot of communication either since KH didn't seem to know about the DR appt or the talent show.

I wonder if he even knew about the touring being done at the science fair that morning because I found it really strange that he did not go. From what I remember he only left the house 10-15 minutes before TH did, he could have easily stopped by the school to view Kyron's and few others and only been a little late to work.

I say this because I also worked for a major corporation as an engineer and we were all classed as management and not on a time clock. People were all time coming in late or leaving early to attend things involving their children.

I have a friend who worked for Intel. He, too, was an engineer in management. While he did have the ability to work from home - even then he was, many times, tied to Intel hours. They are a worldwide concern, and teleconferences with people around the world were not uncommon. Or, there could have been an important project meeting that he had to be at the office to attend that morning. I don't know, of course, that this was the case. I just wanted to say that we don't know that it wasn't.

MOO

But we don't know what face Terri was showing to Kaine versus what face she was showing to her friends. I've known people like this. To the person that matters, they are not complaining or acting like anything is wrong. But behind that person's back, they'll complain all day like everything is wrong. I'm starting to think she wasn't talking to Kaine about anything, but going behind his back and venting to her friends about him. That's not fair to him if he didn't realize that something was wrong (and men tend to be oblivious anyway. If you're not talking to them on top of that, they may have no idea that something is really wrong). I can't stand people who do that. If there's really something wrong, address it with the person you have the problem with, and don't complain behind their back and do nothing about it.

Seems to me she spent plenty of time making herself look like the martyr mother and making Kaine look like the devil incarnate to her friends and family. That doesn't mean it was like that at all. Or it could mean that it the opposite - she could have been the problem causer and Kaine really was trying to pay referee and placate her.

In any case, I do feel for the kids as I do feel like things were not totally right in that house. But I don't think that's Kaine's fault.

I've known people like that too. Passive-aggressive / martyr types who take it all quietly until they reach their limit, and when they do blow, they blow BIG.

No idea if Terri was like that or not.

I don't think it's any particular person's fault. I'm sure there's enough to go around. Two to tango, as they say.

Just from what I've seen of Kaine, and how Terri appears, they seem to me to be polar opposites. Even Desiree hinted at that when talking about Kaine's structured discipline style. I can see where they'd be at each other ... a lot.

There's still that duality in how she relates to Kaine, even when asking him to come back and resolve issues the day he moved out. She writes, "I love you but" at the beginning of her email. I can see how this would confuse the man who pretty much takes things literally, as often as possible.

Actually if I read it correctly it doesnt say Terri sent it to Katu. I think its saying she sent it to someone else who forwarded it to Katu.

Thing is if sending him to her parents would make him happy why was he only there a few weeks before moving on AGAIN?

Did he move on before or after Kyron disappeared? IIRC her mother came to stay with Terri almost right away and her father came later as well, and they might have thought it was better to have him out of that house. If it was difficult for him to be in the Horman household prior to Kyron going missing it was bound to be worse afterwards, for everyone.

I agree and it seems like they didn't do a lot of communication either since KH didn't seem to know about the DR appt or the talent show.

I wonder if he even knew about the touring being done at the science fair that morning because I found it really strange that he did not go. From what I remember he only left the house 10-15 minutes before TH did, he could have easily stopped by the school to view Kyron's and few others and only been a little late to work.

I say this because I also worked for a major corporation as an engineer and we were all classed as management and not on a time clock. People were all time coming in late or leaving early to attend things involving their children.

Respectfully, this is a whole new climate. Gone are the days of coming in late and leaving early. You can't do that anymore or you lose your job.

Most dads I know are very preoccupied with their jobs, doing what they can to hold on to them.

I am guessing that if KH did not know about the variety show because he was not informed about it.

My husband gets all of the school news from me. I can tell him this morning how our entire day is going to go and he will still ask me where I was when I come home.

Preoccupied...

How does one go from D's to A's in one month? I think she's full of crap.

She also seemed to be full of resentment but why not just leave Kaine? Instead she sends her son away and writes nasty emails about her husband.

What if this source is the landscaper? :eek:

I cannot wait to hear what Kaine has to say about this. (I see KATU has emailed Kaine and the bio father for clarification)

What if the kid went from Ds to As because he got away from his Mother??? We just don't know....

I cannot wait to hear what Kaine has to say about this. (I see KATU has emailed Kaine and the bio father for clarification)

What if the kid went from Ds to As because he got away from his Mother??? We just don't know....

Just getting away ... period.

I don't believe in what she claims. She's trying to put blame on KH.

I think if anything - her son's grades dropping were due to her.

How does one go from D's to A's in one month? I think she's full of crap.

She also seemed to be full of resentment but why not just leave Kaine? Instead she sends her son away and writes nasty emails about her husband.

What if this source is the landscaper? :eek:

Well, suppose you are pretty good in maths but not that brilliant in Spanish.

You do a Spanish test in March, you get D. You do a maths test in April, you get A.

In April, 2 months before Kyron disappeared, Terri sent an email to a KATU NEWS SOURCE which details what was going on with her son J. Here is the email:

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html?

Maybe J being sent away wasn't the motive for taking Kyron but rather his response was what gave her the idea to do so.

Maybe she believed Kyron was 'suffering' ... and felt she had to get him away from Kaine, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean