Tiger Truck Stop Continues To Fuel Public Outrage

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tiger-truck-stop-continues-to-fuel-public-outrage-111085944.html

This is so sad. :cry:

GROSSE TETE, La., Nov. 30, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A 10-year-old Bengal/Siberian-mix Tiger that is being kept in a concrete and steel cage at a 24-hour truck stop off of Interstate Highway I-10 continues to fuel public outrage, as tens of thousands of people across the U.S. continue to sign petitions calling for LA state wildlife officials to bring an end to the dire situation.

"Tony" the Tiger has been on display as an advertising gimmick for nearly 10 years, and lives in a cage situated less than 100 feet from a long line of Diesel fuel pumps where large tractor-trailers come to refuel all day and night.

The exhaust fumes and loud truck noises are just part of what wildlife advocates point out as being inhumane conditions for keeping a Tiger.

It's heart breaking! I can't believe it's been allowed to go on this long!

People have been upset about this poor, poor animal for the longest time. I can't believe how long it has gone on, and SHAME on the owners.

Infurtiating! :furious:

I suggest Mr. Sandlin be placed on display in a cage - the same one as Tony.

Oh that poor sweetheart. :(
Diesel fuel isn't pleasent and those fumes must have affected "Tony" by now.

What can we do to help him to get out of there?

:furious:

There is a petition you can sign. Just follow this link.

http://animals.change.org/blog/view/animal_legal_defense_fund_files_for_tony_the_tigers_freedom

And thanks to all of you who have expressed your concern and sorrow over how this regal animal is living......Please, everyone, sign that petition!

Tony is not the first tiger caged at this truck stop, but maybe we can work to insure he is the LAST.

This is so horrible. I can't believe it is gone on so long.
The poor baby.

Thanks for putting up the petition.

I hope this will stop soon. Just breaks my heart.

Goz

There is a petition you can sign. Just follow this link.

http://animals.change.org/blog/view/animal_legal_defense_fund_files_for_tony_the_tigers_freedom

And thanks to all of you who have expressed your concern and sorrow over how this regal animal is living......Please, everyone, sign that petition!

Tony is not the first tiger caged at this truck stop, but maybe we can work to insure he is the LAST.

Signed! I really hope Tony is taken out of there, and not replaced with another tiger. Even without all the fumes, that can't be healthy for him. He is probably so stressed every day.

Bolt cutters?

Not sure how effective online petitions are. From the link:

"People with concerns should contact the Wildlife Commissioners immediately at:"

Commissioner Oats (Chairman) can be contacted at:

100 E. Vermillion St., Suite 400

Lafayette, LA 70501

Phone: (337) 233-1100 (337) 233-1100

E-mail: wildlife@oatshudson.com

More numbers to call in that link. Maybe tied up phone lines would get more attention.

Signed! I really hope Tony is taken out of there, and not replaced with another tiger. Even without all the fumes, that can't be healthy for him. He is probably so stressed every day.

Amen, Tuffy. It should be illegal for private citizens to own these creatures in the first place.

Great, the commissioners pass the buck again. :mad: Let's hope the Wildlife and Fisheries DEPARTMENT will finally do something about this disgrace.

La. panel declines action in truck stop tiger case

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13610375

Associated Press - December 3, 2010 8:14 AM ET
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - An animal-rights activist made an impassioned plea to state wildlife commissioners, calling on them to withhold renewal of a permit allowing an Interstate 10 truck stop to keep a live tiger on display.
Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission members declined Thursday to intervene in the matter. One commissioner said the issue is properly under the control of the state Wildlife and Fisheries Department, and not the commission.
Mary Haik said the state has stood by doing nothing while Iberville Parish government has allow the truck stop to continue to exhibit Tony, a 10-year-old Siberian-Bengal tiger, on the property.

more at link

Poor Tiger :( I put this on my facebook. I don't know to what department in that State the anger now needs to flow. That totally sucks.

Signed/shared
What on Earth?? Totally needs to stop. I can't seem to find the right words except to say it's obviously not very "refined" down there.

Bolt cutters?

Not sure how effective online petitions are. From the link:

"People with concerns should contact the Wildlife Commissioners immediately at:"

Commissioner Oats (Chairman) can be contacted at:

100 E. Vermillion St., Suite 400

Lafayette, LA 70501

Phone: (337) 233-1100 (337) 233-1100

E-mail: wildlife@oatshudson.com

More numbers to call in that link. Maybe tied up phone lines would get more attention.

Called and called....done done.
The # you gave us led to another # from the lady I spoke to.

I ended up talking to the wildlife people. She said lot's of people are calling none too happy.
BUT, she is collecting names and phone #'s so the "guy in charge" can call back.
The # is 225-765-2806

Poor Tony. :cry:

Signed/shared
What on Earth?? Totally needs to stop. I can't seem to find the right words except to say it's obviously not very "refined" down there.

What is not very refined?
The store? The part of the country?

I know of a zoo that would probably take this tiger if the owner is looking for a place for him/her.

Salem

omg

how can the authorities allow this

get him outta there! it shouldn't be legal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members