Timeline Discussion

Originally Posted by eyes4crime Rough draft by Eyes4crime with the help of fellow Sleuthers! last draft - Sept 18th.

Building #1 - Sterling Hall of Medicine (333 Cedar Street) houses Dr. Anton Bennett (Assistant Professor Pharmacology Department) lab and office. Annie leaves personal belongings.

Bldg. #2 - 10 Amistad Street (Annie's 2nd and last stop)

Sept. 8th (early am Tuesday) - Annie receives text message from suspect requesting a meeting do discuss cleanliness of mouse cages.

Sept. 8th (early am Tuesday)- Annie arrives and leaves personal belongings in office at Sterling Hall of Medicine. Walks 3 blocks to lab at 10 Amistad St.

Sept. 8th (10:00a) - Annie on video being let into building on Amistad.

- moments later passed through basement lab area
- Annie swipes her way into a separate room of lab (last card swipe for Annie)
- CLARK enters same room short time later
- Clark moves around laboratory entering rooms he normally would not be in.
- Clark swipes into another area -- the place where Le's body eventually found after five days, stuffed into a 2-foot crawl space behind a wall.
- After the murder, Clark spent nearly an hour in the room with Le's body
- Clark swiped a total of 10 times including after hours
THE ABOVE INFORMATION FROM COMPUTERIZED CARD SWIPES

Sept 8th -(10:30 - 12:00p) Dr. Bennett teaching a class, Pharmacology 528a, Principles of Signal Transduction. Located in Sterling bldg. (No verification that Annie was to attend).

Sept. 8th (12:00p) - Bennett e-mailed Dr. Schlessinger (chair Department of Pharmacology) around noon to inform that Le had not arrived at work (class?).

Sept. 8th (12:40p) - Steam alarm alerting people to exit; thought to be caused by the release of steam from a lab hood. (no report if intentional or accident).

Sept. 8th (9:00p) - Annie reported missing by roommate

Sept. 8th (time)? - Annie's belongings, purse, credit cards, keys, money, cellphone, discovered in her office at Sterling (333 Cedar) - early on by Yale Police.

Sept. 9th - (Wed. late afternoon) - School of Medicine Dean Robert Alpern notified of Le's disappearance just prior to Department of Pharmacology Meeting.

Sept. 10th (mid-day) - Students e-mailed regarding missing Annie.

Sept. 11th - Prof Bennett questioned regarding knowledge of Annie whereabouts.

Sept. 12th - bloody clothes found stuffed in ceiling at Amistad Street - not thought to be Annie's clothes.

September 13th (5p)- Body found in 5 X 5 chase in wall that houses utility cables running between floors.

September 14th - body positively ID by ME as being Annie Marie Le. COD - traumatic asphixiation due to neck compression.

September 15th - Warrant for DNA samples from Raymond Clark III

Sept. 16th - Raymond Clark III, person of interest in motel surrounded by LE

Sept. 16th (late Wed eve.) - Police have obtained a DNA match implicating Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

September 17th (8:00am) - Yale University lab technician Raymond Clark arrested in connection with the death of Yale graduate student Annie Marie Le.
Clark charged with murder, and bond set at $3 million.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._creep_in_prison_for_keeps.html#ixzz0RZAtrgQY

Le went into the building at 10:00 AM. If the time frame for her death is as late as 12:00PM, what was going on between 10:00AM and 12:00PM? It's a long period of time.

Dang, I can't remember where, but I read that his card swipe data reveals he spent an hour in the lab room where he and Annie had their meeting. I'm not sure if it's meant the hour was clocked from the time of their meeting, or if he went back at a later time and spent an hour there. But I inferred it was the former scenario, not the latter.

I've wondered if the report that RC looked distraught on the fire alarm evacuation video was because he hadn't yet concealed Annie's body and worried a firefighter, searching the bldg. to find the cause of the alarm, would find her.

She was also due for a 90-minute class at 10:30 and never showed up. The professor of that class reported around noon that she'd missed the class.

Since she went into the lab at 10 and had a class at 10:30, this suggests that she only intended to spend a very short time at the lab that day.

Does anyone know if that was going to be her last "work" day before the wedding? If so, might that be why Clark contacted her then? He knew it was his last chance to see her until she came back from her honeymooon?

I don't believe that is correct- HE had a 10:30 class. Hers was later in the day around 2-2:30. He notified the Dept Head when she hadn't shown up in the lab by noon.

I'm confused? Who is HE...the professor? Does it make a difference to this case when the prof had a class? or...Does it explain why the prof wasn't anywhere near the lab during the murder (and Clark knew that the prof would be in class? It would make sense that he would want to yell at her when he knew the prof wasn't around.) And, which lab had she not shown up by at noon? the one where she was killed? or another lab.

BTW...who was going to care for her rats while she was gone on her honeymoon?

eyes4crime if you want me to move your post to it's own location I can do that. but you will have to leave me a note when you want to update it because you will not be able to after so much time.
so you can copy and repost on this thread from time to time or we can have one locked post that I can replace with new information when you want me too.

I'm confused? Who is HE...the professor? Does it make a difference to this case when the prof had a class? or...Does it explain why the prof wasn't anywhere near the lab during the murder (and Clark knew that the prof would be in class? It would make sense that he would want to yell at her when he knew the prof wasn't around.) And, which lab had she not shown up by at noon? the one where she was killed? or another lab.

BTW...who was going to care for her rats while she was gone on her honeymoon?

I'm sorry, He is Dr. Bennett- the PI in her research lab. He was teaching a class at 10:30. I'm just pointing out that it was not Annie who had the class at 10:30. She did not show up in Dr. Bennett's Lab by noon. She was killed in the animal facility in a different building from the lab.

Mice! The animal tech assigned to the room would continue to change cages, water and feed them as usual. Her experiments might be on hold, or someone from her lab might take over while she was away.

Since she went into the lab at 10 and had a class at 10:30, this suggests that she only intended to spend a very short time at the lab that day.

Does anyone know if that was going to be her last "work" day before the wedding? If so, might that be why Clark contacted her then? He knew it was his last chance to see her until she came back from her honeymooon?

It's possible he had no idea she was going away. My animal techs don't know any details of my personal life. We discuss mice only.

Animal techs do a daily AM room check. They are supposed to check every single cage in their assigned room for problems- inadequate food or water, etc. Our techs do this between 8 and 10 AM. If there is a problem you would likely hear about it between 9AM and 11AM.

Labrat, you are a gold mine of information! Your insights on the daily routines and normal modes of operation in a lab are priceless.

eyes4crime if you want me to move your post to it's own location I can do that. but you will have to leave me a note when you want to update it because you will not be able to after so much time.
so you can copy and repost on this thread from time to time or we can have one locked post that I can replace with new information when you want me too.

Thanks JBean - I'll update PRN with the info from all the Lindsey threads. I'll copy and report..sure not interested in giving the mods any more work. I would love to join your Illinois Club - I'M AN out of control BEARS FAN!

It's possible he had no idea she was going away. My animal techs don't know any details of my personal life. We discuss mice only.

Animal techs do a daily AM room check. They are supposed to check every single cage in their assigned room for problems- inadequate food or water, etc. Our techs do this between 8 and 10 AM. If there is a problem you would likely hear about it between 9AM and 11AM.

Hi Labrat - thanks for all the valuable input! Would Annie have needed to communicate she was leaving the facility for several days? What about specific instructions - diet, amt of glucose per/day, etc. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back