Tiny terrier saved kids from pit bulls

hey megs & everyone else.. i found a list on wikipedia (under 'pit bull') of cities where the ban has passed... but it doesn't seem very comprehensive. unfortunately we may have to wait until a few hundred more people and pets have been mauled and killed them in order for peole to take more action. and even thenm the boneheads wil still be fighting it. it really is impossible to find any groups who are working on anti-pit bull legislation... you have to wade through hundreds of sites that go on and on about the mean, evil government and how they are needlessly picking on these poor, innocent babies..., and making long lists of their "fallen martyrs" (i kid you not!! ..pits who were shot by police or euthanized at dog pounds.. etc..) with the sad sappy music, photoshopped pictures of pitbulls with halos and angel wings...... and yes, these are grown ADULTS we're talking about here..... unreal.

i have an idea.. how about we divide the nation in half.... half gets to have their pit bulls and in the other half, they're banned. i can guarantee you which side would be safer and have a better quality of life.. because those folks with the pits, will have to live surrounded by thugs and drug dealers.

Theyre banned just about everywhere in Australia......you might want to consider moving downunder Reb:)

wow.... how did you guys manage to do that? oz is looking better and better every day.

Too many attacks in OZ as well....the difference is that something was done about it here.

<<Nasty little beasts if you ask me.
If you searched here at WS there must be countless threads about pitbull attacks.
Why would anyone do anything but just put them to sleep?>>

because, once again....

1) they are drug-users/sellers, involved in crime and want a dog that is a 'bad-*advertiser censored*' like they are, who can defend & protect them.. also often involved in fighting the dogs, for profit, and because they have a small penis (or at least- a normal to large one, but the mentality of a 2-year old).

2) they are a bad-*advertiser censored* wanna-be.. they idolize thugs, and desperately want to be seen as one

3) they are rebellious and want to have a dog that will stir up controversy and negative reactions in people, because they like to feel like an outlaw, an outast, a victim or someone on the fringe of society.. so they can commiserate with their outlaw dog

4) then there are the decent, nice, educated people... some in dog rescue, some not... who genuinely like the breed (is it their looks? or what? because there are plenty of other breeds with a great, loyal personality who are often much more intelligent)... maybe they secretly like the fact that they have 'tamed' a big, scary, muscular, bad-*advertiser censored* looking dog, and made a pussycat out of him... and many of these are people are incessantly promoting the breed and trying to convince everyone of how great & harmless they are, how it's 'all how you raise them'.. and take photos of them sleeping with their babies, etc... in a effort to show they are just poor, picked-on little angels who are being 'discriminated' against (i love how they try to turn it into a 'racial' thing... LOL). while being in complete denial of the facts about their GENETICS...

but still.... every day, the facts speak for themselves... and you may have a cute, sweet, adorable pit bull... but you can not escape the facts, no matter what you do... or how much you deny it. that any dog has the potential to 'snap'.. but that THESE DOGS ARE KNOWN FOR DOING SO.. and when they do, they are FAR more vicious and physically capable doing far worse damage to other living things... and they fight to kill, and they kill FOR THE SPORT OF IT.
they have become so prevalent because the human race (as a whole) is so dumbed down and stupid now, that as soon as these dogs were declared a public health menace, their numbers exploded, because now everybody and their grandmother wants one... because the are dangerous and forbidden, and therefore,, "cool".
ans i've noticed most PB owners are usually the same type of people who couldn't care less about spaying & neutering... ((how often do you see a huge killer PB being walked around, usually on a CHAIN (not a leash!) with big ol' bawls hangin' down?? it seems to go with the territory)).. so they are the most likely to just have litter after litter and put up a cardboard sign on their mailbox or the back of their truck that says 'pit bull puppies for sale".. to make a little extra money, and to further expand the breed. meanwhile, thousands of PB's get euthanized every day all over the country (costing taxpayers how much money.....??) because there are so god damn many of them.... TOO many, and too many that are proven to be vicious and dangerous,,, too many who are torn up from fighting, too many who are unsocialized from being chained up all their lives, too many neglected and covered with mange... but these idiots just keep breeding them, even though they know nothing about genetics or proper dog breeding. so you have the dumbest people breeding the biggest and baddest dogs together.. and their genes keep getting worse and problem just increases.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:mad: what a hero he is ,I cant stop crying. I have reason to hate pitbulls ,my sweet miniture fox terrier loppy was torn up by one who jumped a 6 foot fence to get him . I lost him 10 years ago and some days it seems like yesterday .

I'm sorry for your loss, aussiegran. I remember years (and I mean years) ago when I had a 2nd job as a waitress at Red Lobster, there was alot of commotion going on in the lobby of the restaurant. I found out later that some people had come into the restaurant and had their pitbull chained in their pickup. This retired couple was walking their little Yorkshire Terrier down the sidewalk, and when they passed the restaurant, the Pitbull apparently broke his chain and attacked the dog before the couple had a chance to pick it up. From what I heard, he shook it to death right in front of the owners. I can still hear the hysteria of the lady's voice echoing through the restaurant lobby. I can't even imagine what they must have went through to witness the attack. I've always tried to keep an open mind out about Pitbulls. I know there are some who are truly great dogs, but unfortunately the majority of them are not trustworthy. I myself could never take a chance w/ owning one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back