GUILTY TN - Alexa Linboom, 5, dies of fluid intoxication, Surgoinsville, 1 Jan 2012

A pediatric check-up about three months before her death had shown no significant problems. She was taken to an outpatient clinic about a month before her death for excessive thirst, urination and eating, but nothing was found to be wrong with her.
We have seen this before. A child is singled out, denied food and water because of bed wetting or whatever. The parents take the child to the doctor saying he/she eats/drinks too much. This is often their excuse for denying the child food or liquids-because the child steals. In reality, I think the opposite is the case more often than not-the child is stealing/hoarding food because she has gone without in the past.

This may be why she was stealing soda (if she was)....
The autopsy states that the girl had moved to Tennessee to live with her father about three months before her death. The move was prompted by allegations of neglect at her previous home.

Outside of the bathtub, she tried to eat oatmeal with assistance then started clenching her hands." She arrived at the hospital about 2 to 3 hours later.
She tried to eat oatmeal with assistance? Not sure if I believe this or not. Forced her to eat it to counteract the liquids? Maybe. It just sounds like a bullship detail in the story to me.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...407a8438830ef0211bd1.html#rdLiddkDRpDxd8pW.99

I'll never understand parents who purposely cause their babies pain and suffering. I'll also never comprehend the idea that a child who lives in the home is stealing food. In my house, the food belongs to my son just as much as it belongs to the adults. He lives here, it's his home too. Something is truly lacking in the souls of these people. It seems like a fluke of nature that they are physically able to reproduce.

RIP Alexa. You deserved so much better.

Arrrrggghhhhh. :banghead: Another sweet child is lost amongst those who should love and care for her, so she is handed over to her father and she is totally & fatally abused & thrown away like trash by that family. Because she was thirsty and was caught with two canned sodas, perhaps? Is that why she needed such ignorant, cruel and deadly punishment?

We all know she is finally now at peace, and those responsible are finally on the way to trial and earthly judgement. Who, among those who should have taken care of her, is grieving for this innocent little girl? Who??

Are complete strangers like us going to have to do it -- again??
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

Yes, we will grieve for her. And seek justice for this little girl named Alexa*.

English Meaning:
The name Alexa is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Alexa is: Helper, defender.

Greek Meaning:
The name Alexa is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Alexa is: Defender of men, helper. Alexander the Great was a 4th century Macedonian king for whom the Egyptian city of Alexandria is named.

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/alexa

--------------------

From the Raleigh, NC, news channel, WRAL:

http://www.wral.com/trial-set-in-case-of-girl-forced-to-drink-soda/13368874/

Well, folks, for me I need pictures to understand things. This article helped me better understand what happened to little Alexa medically speaking. Maybe this will help someone else, too.

This part of the article is down near end of the discussion I cited below.

Seeing this picture and the discussion below it helped me better understand why this little girl was so critically and irreparably damaged. Her being so young was a big factor that worked against her having a good outcome from the hideous things those people did to the precious little girl named Alexa.

F1.medium.gif

Effects of physical factors on hyponatraemic encephalopathy.

Children under 16 years of age are at increased risk for developing hyponatraemic encephalopathy due to their relatively larger brain to intracranial volume ratio compared with adults [15,25]. A child’s brain reaches adult size by 6 years of age, whereas the skull does not reach adult size until 16 years of age [26,27]. Consequently, children have less room available in their rigid skulls for brain expansion and are likely to develop brain herniation from hyponatraemia at higher serum sodium concentrations than adults. Children will have a high morbidity from symptomatic hyponatraemia unless appropriate therapy is instituted early [10,14–17]. After the third decade of life, the brain begins to atrophy, with the steepest reduction in brain volume occurring after 50 years of age [28,29]. The brain volume of an 80 year old is approximately 25% less than of a child. Consequently, the elderly are at the lowest risk of developing CNS manifestations of hyponatraemia.

OkieGranny - I just read this in my today's paper! You are on top of it!

Thanks for this update. I think both the father and stepmonster were equally to blame, they both equally deserved the 35 year sentences they both received. They did not value her life at all, torturing her was the use they saw in her. The Judge agreed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back