AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

Why is there no movement in this case? A person does not just disappear. How can there be nothing? With all the webcams- motion lights- no one knows anything?
*bumping this up*
I wish I knew. On one hand I want to believe that due to the silence from LE that they know the direction the investigation is taking them and the silence is warranted until they have what they need. On the other hand I worry that they have no specific direction or leads.

I hate the wait.

Why is there no movement in this case? A person does not just disappear. How can there be nothing? With all the webcams- motion lights- no one knows anything?
*bumping this up*
Emphasis mine.
No, they do not.
I still doubt he ran off that night without shoes.

Fwiw, I don't think he is hiding or being held captive.
If he'd fallen into a lake or river I think they'd have located his remains by now ?
I believe this is a recovery, but would love to be wrong.
Omo.

Just a scenario, just a random thought. What if Sebastian harmed himself that night. Tried hanging himself. Mom did go check on him, and everything from that point was in a panic. Jmo.
If your kid hurts themselves you call an ambulance, even if it's clear they're beyond help.

You don't hide the body and make up a story about them leaving barefoot in the middle of the night.

Not unless you have something to hide.

MOO

To me, these are the only scenarios that make sense:

1. It is a planned parental kidnapping/abduction by or/and orchestrated by Seth. Motive: revenge, hate on the Proudfoots, "want's to show them
how bad parents they really are"
. He planned with Sebastian on Thursday when they were going to meet up and how (just outside cameras and just outside the house). (Seth as LE experience). This means he must have psychopathic tendencies to be able to torture the mother of his son to this degree. Does he? If Seth's alibi checks: He needs an accomplish to do this. Either something goes wrong here (Fargo-style) or Seth is a true and convincing psychopath (I am not saying he is, this is JUST a theory).

2. Sebastian unalived. The "thud" was it. Kate found him, perhaps hours later. She was convinced by Chris to "cover up". He doesn't want to loose the custody battle with his daughter, he threatens to leave Kate and tells her "he is already dead". They plan it all. Chris drives there at night, the body is dumped on the way back to Memphis. They lie.
I don't see how Kate can lie so well, as a mother to that boy. and over time. It seems quite unlikley. But, if she is truly in denial and traumatized by the event and what followed - it is a possibility.

3. Sebastian did know someone that none of the parents knew. A person he trusted. Outside all the family drama. In regard to, how all guardians in his life have acted, he was in need of a person who "saw him" and he could be a perfect victim for a predator. BUT - this predator needs to be close: meaning: a teacher, a neighbor, therapist - someone he communicated with offline.
If he was punished by Kate that night, left outside without shoes: he was sick of it. He left and he ran into that person. If that is true: he is not alive. And they have a serial predator in the area... Which means there much be evidence already (some kind) of an "odd character".

Challenge me!

1. It is a planned parental kidnapping/abduction by or/and orchestrated by Seth. Motive: revenge, hate on the Proudfoots, "want's to show them
. He planned with Sebastian on Thursday when they were going to meet up and how (just outside cameras and just outside the house). (Seth as LE experience). This means he must have psychopathic tendencies to be able to torture the mother of his son to this degree. Does he? If Seth's alibi checks: He needs an accomplish to do this. Either something goes wrong here (Fargo-style) or Seth is a true and convincing psychopath (I am not saying he is, this is JUST a theory).

2. Sebastian unalived. The "thud" was it. Kate found him, perhaps hours later. She was convinced by Chris to "cover up". He doesn't want to loose the custody battle with his daughter, he threatens to leave Kate and tells her "he is already dead". They plan it all. Chris drives there at night, the body is dumped on the way back to Memphis. They lie.
I don't see how Kate can lie so well, as a mother to that boy. and over time. It seems quite unlikley. But, if she is truly in denial and traumatized by the event and what followed - it is a possibility.

3. Sebastian did know someone that none of the parents knew. A person he trusted. Outside all the family drama. In regard to, how all guardians in his life have acted, he was in need of a person who "saw him" and he could be a perfect victim for a predator. BUT - this predator needs to be close: meaning: a teacher, a neighbor, therapist - someone he communicated with offline.
If he was punished by Kate that night, left outside without shoes: he was sick of it. He left and he ran into that person. If that is true: he is not alive. And they have a serial predator in the area... Which means there much be evidence already (some kind) of an "odd character".

Challenge me!
#1 Pretty sure Seth was on a graveyard shift the night before SR went missing.

# 2 sounds plausible to me

#3 I don't know how SR would be able to communicate with anyone or a trusted person without his parents knowing or LE knowing now that they have all of his devices.

What about this potential theory - Sebastian was punished that night by having to throw away his own belongings while barefoot. He did so, but then he ran. His mother thought he'd come back...but he never did. Does that fit?
Potential theory fits, but I am curious as to your thoughts with regard to what potentially happened next.

“His mother thought he’d come back, but he never did …”

Instead, Sebastian _______.

❓

*bumping this up*
Sorry, I meant "No, they do not." as in, yes, you're correct. :)
I totally agree.
Just thought I should clarify my comment.

The inability to find a scent of Sebastian outside the house is very odd to me , esp. if taking out the garbage was a chore of his ?
Makes it sound like he was carried out.
I don't know -- this is all so sad and strange.
Omo.

Sorry, I meant "No, they do not." as in, yes, you're correct. :)
I totally agree.
Just thought I should clarify my comment.

The inability to find a scent of Sebastian outside the house is very odd to me , esp. if taking out the garbage was a chore of his ?
Makes it sound like he was carried out.
I don't know -- this is all so sad and strange.
Omo.
Im hoping that the police behavior is for the same reasons they were quiet with the two moms who disappeared in OK. Maybe (Hopefully) they know more than they are saying.
Has anyone heard anything about a petition to have FBI lead? If so, do you know where I can find it?

I haven’t looked for them myself but early on there were pictures floating around of the layout of the home, I think they were from Zellow. Their home is a Ranch style but IIRC there are others that are 2 stories. I saw 1 or 2 pictures, possibly from LEOs body cam and another from Google Earth(?)

The homes are spacious, set back from the street and spread out. If you are facing the house Sebastian’s room is in front on your left, the window faces the street. IMO, you would need to make a heck of a lot of noise to be heard outside of the house, more of a kaboom, than a thud.
It’s a ranch style with a bonus room above the garage.

Potential theory fits, but I am curious as to your thoughts with regard to what potentially happened next.

“His mother thought he’d come back, but he never did …”

Instead, Sebastian _______.

❓

If he did run, I personally believe misadventure is more likely than abduction, and he just hasn't been found. I may be biased by other cases of boys with autism who left their homes and encountered misadventure, though. It took a long time to find some of them, and one boy who ran away from his school was never found.

One difference is that it's normally not in the dark of night, though. And I do have to consider, would he have run off at night with just a tiny flashlight? Now I'm second-guessing the running-away theory... unless it was actually earlier in the evening, before dark, that he left.

Anyone who is frustrated by the lack of an arrest in this case, I encourge you to go read the OK recent double missing women case threads. SO many people lamenting about how bad OK LE is, page after page, and then BAM...4 arrests. We see this all the time! LE cannot and will not publicly share everything they're doing, and I so wish that people would give them the benefit of the doubt. We have thousands upon thousands of hard-working, ethical, smart, LE officers across the country, they FAR outweigh the lazy, unethical, dumb ones, I promise you. I always choose to believe they're working furiously behind the scenes, even though I sympthize that it's frustrating to wait. They do NOT get the final say on arrests, they must apply for warrants and are at the mercy of the court. Warrants might be returned for amendment multiple times before a prosecutor or judge is satisfied. They want (as much as we do!) for these arrests to be made and for charges to stick and become successful convictions. These men and women are, like us, parents/siblings/children/friends, they care about these victims.

I did not see this mentioned yet, Seth is hiring private investigators.
Chloe has been working with him for weeks. She doesn’t like all the noise that isn’t helping to find Sebastian but she’s committed to bringing him home.

Challenge me!
It's quite possible that there was no thud. It seems like very early versions don't include that detail. It could be an added detail to give credence to IDI.

Anyone who is frustrated by the lack of an arrest in this case, I encourge you to go read the OK recent double missing women case threads. SO many people lamenting about how bad OK LE is, page after page, and then BAM...4 arrests. We see this all the time! LE cannot and will not publicly share everything they're doing, and I so wish that people would give them the benefit of the doubt. We have thousands upon thousands of hard-working, ethical, smart, LE officers across the country, they FAR outweigh the lazy, unethical, dumb ones, I promise you. I always choose to believe they're working furiously behind the scenes, even though I sympthize that it's frustrating to wait. They do NOT get the final say on arrests, they must apply for warrants and are at the mercy of the court. Warrants might be returned for amendment multiple times before a prosecutor or judge is satisfied. They want (as much as we do!) for these arrests to be made and for charges to stick and become successful convictions. These men and women are, like us, parents/siblings/children/friends, they care about these victims.
The key difference here is that they were silent for only the two weeks that it took to arrest those people.
Sebastian's been missing for way longer than that.

I think they're silent because they want whatever they know to be used as "guilty knowledge", as in, if someone knows about it, they could only be the guilty person, but I think they're wrong in that approach.

Either that or they truly have nothing solid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back