GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
she has a message for her husband.

I would interpret this as her needing some type of psychological help. What could she need help from that he would think taking her away would help? Depression? She's not had an "easy" childhood.

IF (and I'm far from convinced this is the case) it is from sexual abuse from him and she's been acting out, and his wife doesn't know about the abuse, that could make him want to take her away, too. If it's acting out from sexual abuse from him, of course he'd want to get her away if his wife had been talking about getting her help. I do not believe its medical. That could easily be solved at home.

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't."

Sorry Steelman, being a molestation victim myself, a mother, having been a little girl, and a camper- I have to disagree. You don't purchase little girl's underwear, nail polish, and lipstick for an outing to a lake.

Amen to that LinasK!

Just jumping in to say that I don't think shades of nail polish, bikini underwear and lip gloss really mean anything. I have 9 daughters. From 6 to 22. Three of my girls are 6, 8 and 9. One prefers the bikini cut. All LOVE nail polish and lip gloss (worn in moderation!). It CAN, but in this case I don't think it does. C. could have very well chosen everything bought for her.

I get the vibe that he thinks he is saving C. from her home life, I can't explain why he didn't take the younger sister, but I hope hope hope I'm right.

This is the stuff he chose for her before he picked her up from school, including the high-cut and the dark shades- so I don't believe this is her playing grown-up dress-up, but more his fantasies. It'd be nice if you were right and he wasn't out to harm her, but we can't ignore that this little girl is in danger from a would-be predator!

I'm glad his wife realizes something's not right here and is speaking out about it rather than blindly defending him as we sometimes see in other cases.

Heck yeah. I was going to comment about how some find it odd she's not sticking up for him. I for one am glad... I'm tired of people blindly sticking up for loved ones... you can still love them, just don't sweep their crimes under the rug!

This is the stuff he chose for her before he picked her up from school, including the high-cut and the dark shades- so I don't believe this is her playing grown-up dress-up, but more his fantasies. It'd be nice if you were right and he wasn't out to harm her, but we can't ignore that this little girl is in danger from a would-be predator!

I was under the impression these were the items they purchased together at Save a Lot? Even if not, my guess is that he just grabbed items.

We don't know he's a predator. We DO know he is a kidnapper.

It is possible C had pointed out those things on a previous shopping trip.
So he may have already known what she would like.

Just jumping in to say that I don't think shades of nail polish, bikini underwear and lip gloss really mean anything. I have 9 daughters. From 6 to 22. Three of my girls are 6, 8 and 9. One prefers the bikini cut. All LOVE nail polish and lip gloss (worn in moderation!). It CAN, but in this case I don't think it does. C. could have very well chosen everything bought for her.

I get the vibe that he thinks he is saving C. from her home life, I can't explain why he didn't take the younger sister, but I hope hope hope I'm right.

I agree. The more I read, the more I think there is something going on that we don't know. I thinks it's less nafarious than I originally suspected. Either way, he needs to bring her home.

BBM: I wish that was the case, but C. wasn't with him at Walmart when he bought the items.

Some suspect they know what motivates Gary Simpson. Some are waiting before landing on an opinion.

One thing we know. He has abducted a child and it has been 6 days. He knew what he was doing was wrong/illegal at the time he did it.

It is time for this to end. Where is C. T.?

I was under the impression these were the items they purchased together at Save a Lot? Even if not, my guess is that he just grabbed items.

We don't know he's a predator. We DO know he is a kidnapper.

From what I could tell, that specific blanket and nightgown is exclusively sold at Walmart. On the nightgown, I specifically noticed the price tag, which I believe is from Walmart. So I do think these items were picked out without C.

The nail polish, underwear, and lip gloss is definitely weird, but it definitely doesn't mean (as you said above) that he's a predator.

I think the creepiest part of the shopping is not what he bought. It's the fact that he didn't buy any "daytime" clothes for C., only underwear, a bathing suit, and a nightgown.

I hope C. is found SAFE soon.

If I needed to rescue a 9 year old relative the last think I would think about is underpants.
These look like items for a fantasy photo shoot. I hope they have his computer.
If he was planning long term he could always buy undies later.

MOO

IMO trying to explain away the illegal abduction, puts her more at risk. It makes it seem like, "it's okay, he was protecting her". People will feel less of a sence of urgency to find her. I think we need our focus to be on the facts. He is NOT her custodial parent, he abducted/kidnapped her under false pretenses, and what he has done is a crime.

I would interpret this as her needing some type of psychological help. What could she need help from that he would think taking her away would help? Depression? She's not had an "easy" childhood.

IF (and I'm far from convinced this is the case) it is from sexual abuse from him and she's been acting out, and his wife doesn't know about the abuse, that could make him want to take her away, too. If it's acting out from sexual abuse from him, of course he'd want to get her away if his wife had been talking about getting her help. I do not believe its medical. That could easily be solved at home.

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't."

I've listened to the video several times and I hear her say "We'll get YOU some kind of help, someway." She says that twice. I think she is saying that Gary needs help, not C. JMO

Im just jumping in here... and adding coincidences. Idaho .. Frank Church..wasnt that where Hannah Anderson was taken? Maybe something about the terrain and mountains lures them in? Or the Canadian border? I hope he is stupid enough to try to cross the border.. I would think those would be covered. Yesterday it looked like he was heading to Texas.. and I thought, please let him try Mexico.. we would surely have that border covered.

IMO trying to explain away the illegal abduction, puts her more at risk. It makes it seem like, "it's okay, he was protecting her". People will feel less of a sence of urgency to find her. I think we need our focus to be on the facts. He is NOT her custodial parent, he abducted/kidnapped her under false pretenses, and what he has done is a crime.

Well, I certainly don't condone the fact that he KIDNAPPED this child and I continue to hope he is being kind to her until she is FOUND.

Heck yeah. I was going to comment about how some find it odd she's not sticking up for him. I for one am glad... I'm tired of people blindly sticking up for loved ones... you can still love them, just don't sweep their crimes under the rug!

My comments earlier about her response weren't that I felt that she should stick up for him, because we all know how that goes so many times- that wife who makes excuses and is in denial. I found it quite telling that her immediate response to the media was "negative". As if there were something going on that we aren't privvy to and that she knew more than what was reported. I think her latest address to him confirms that in my opinion...

I do not think it is uncommon for an unhinged person to objectify one child over another. It has to do with their fantasies.

He needs to be apprehended & kept away from society since he cannot control his impulses.

Either he hid his obsession with her or people did not think he would act out on them.

I pray this sweet girl is found safely.

:cow:

she has a message for her husband.

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't,"

Get 'her' some kind of help? Did she mean to say get him help? What does she mean by this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

He probably didn't like her current living arrangements. But that doesn't mean that his intentions are pure either. I also thought that maybe the wife is reaching out and offering him up an excuse to make it seem easier for him to come home if he feels she supports him in "getting her help". The TBI may have told her to say that, so he feels like the family and LE think he took her for a good cause.

If (hopefully when) he gets caught, does anyone know how much jail time he could face if he simply took C. and didn't harm her (along the lines of "protecting her")? Just interesting to know the punishment for the best case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member