GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that others here who have been fortunate to never be abused in any manner finds it hard to understand just what all a child goes through that is being abused. It is one of those tragic situations where someone has to live it to ever understand the pain and suffering of the abused child. I wouldn't wish that to happen to any child even if I had a terrible enemy, which I do not. It is much better never really knowing. For the child it is truly like walking a minefield day after day, especially if the abuser lives inside the home with the child. Then there is no escape. That is why so many childhood abuse survivors suffer from PTSD for years afterwards and some never overcome it. It is literally like being in war trying to survive on a daily basis yet this is happening to a young child who is so fragile.

IMO

Your words are so profound. I know the truth of your statements from experience.

I am grateful you survived and are healing.

I think it is important to note that not only do survivors suffer from PTSD but very often they can wind up in situations where they are victimized again and again. The need for therapeutic interventions is great. This young girl, if she survives, will be a great risk for the long haul---victimization, self-medication, and more.

My thoughts and belief in the power of healing go to people who are survivors.

I can't remember exactly what page I saw the particular comments on- but, it was a "local news" reporting on the latest news conference. I follow several news channels and to be honest, I've seen many sympathetic to GS posts over the past few days. The development of Social media was like the last straw in our declining society, IMO.

I think they are deleting the idiots there. But people defending the kidnapper are on literally every news piece on Facebook.

I am so terribly sorry that you had to go through that, OceanBlueEyes! Every child on earth deserves to have loving parents who protect them.

You are so very STRONG! I'm so thankful that God was able to pull you thru those horrifying times and now you're able to bring that strength and courage here to WS and share your experiences with the hope of helping others!

I Agree! Thank you so much for sharing, and I am so sorry you had to go through that abuse, and totally understand how they control and threaten you to act normal and all the time you're waiting for an opportunity to get away somehow.
IMO it is hard to watch a child on video or in real life and interpret what is "normal" behavior. What I saw in the Save-a-Lot video was not a "normal" child shopping with an adult they know and love and aren't afraid of. What I saw was CT sucking on her hand or biting her nails and looking away for the first few minutes, and then standing mute and stiff the next few minutes while GS made the purchases. She didn't help, she wasn't talking, and she definitely seemed frozen and unnaturally "just there" / under his control -- I'm sure he threatened her to just be quiet and try to act "normal" -- and who knows what he told her about why he took her out of school early or wherey were going. She could have been in a huge panic, but he threatened her to keep quite and go along with him and she was just trying to do that. IMO.

I went and posted the link with the grandmother's interview on one story for all the people who are stupidly saying they don't believe he is a pedophile and saying the family is even saying he's not. In the article she specifically says that she hopes nothing of a sexual nature has happened. So there it is... the family is fearing the worst, just like all of us, and these crazy people need to stop defending him and start realizing the truth. Then maybe they will get off their butts and actually LOOK for her.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21006029,00.html

Heck, I am half tempted to drive to Tennessee myself this weekend if it wasn't so far away and start searching.

Yessss...I feel the need to set some people straight.
This is what happens when you're laid up on medical leave and have some time to kill.

my local news just said Mount Vernon Police Dept report the van connected to the missing 9 year old Tenn girl may have been spotted in Illinois now. I never knew so many people drove these vans!! I saw 3 just on my way home from work yesterday!

LOL....You WANT to read idiot comments?

Yessss.... I feel the need to set some people straight.
This is what happens when you're on medical leave and have time to kill.
;)

This is what happens when you're laid up on medical leave and have some time to kill.

Enjoy! Basically every comment section (except the one one the FBI page) seems to be over flowing with these morons. I can't even, anymore. Left some snarky comments and had to stop, because those people were making me hate humanity.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but this case reminds me of Adam Mayes kidnapping the 2 Baines girls in Mississippi in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Bain_murder-kidnappings

It was another case of a "friendly neighbor/friend" who became obsessed with young girls who were step daughters of his former BIL. When the girls family decided to move from TN to AZ for a job, Mayes (who was supposed to be helping them with the move) drugged the parents, lured the mom and sister outside and killed them both. He then kidnapped the 2 younger girls. He thought he was "protecting" them.

No one wanted to think the friendly neighbor/uncle would harm anyone. Everyone said he was "like a father" to the girls. But LE eventually decided he was the perp. After over a week of searching, they found him in the woods with the two girls in MS. As LE approached, he killed himself. The 2 girls were saved.

It turned out Mayes' wife and mother had helped him with the crime. The dead mother and daughter were found buried behind his home in MS.

Here's hoping someone knows what this guy was up to and talks to LE.

The ******** is $0 of the $2000 goal.
No idea who's running it

Haha me too! I just posted a lengthy quote from TBI on that post! :)

I just need to say/type out loud that I really hope LE has more of an idea of where they are than they are sharing. With no known sighting since the day of the abduction I am really starting to lose hope.

I'm not trying to be negative, I just thought if I voiced my thoughts maybe I would get a second wind of hope instead of wallowing in my fear.

At this point, I'm really wondering what the younger sister has told LE. I bet she had some pertinent info.
Poor kids.

I just need to say/type out loud that I really hope LE has more of an idea of where they are than they are sharing. With no known sighting since the day of the abduction I am really starting to lose hope.

I'm not trying to be negative, I just thought if I voiced my thoughts maybe I would get a second wind of hope instead of wallowing in my fear.

I really think (hope) they do. It seems like it to me.

"We know the details and when you know the full picture and you know the extent of her danger, you better believe [it's troubling]," DeVine added."

http://www.people.com/article/carlie-trent-missing-in-danger-investigators-allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg