GUILTY TN - Caitlyn Kaufman, 26, fatally shot while driving on I-440, Nashville, 3 Dec 2020 *1 guilty, 1 NG*

I know there’s no connection but I followed the Tiffany Ferguson case, another senseless murder in Nashville. I do hope some surveillance and/or tag cameras can come in to play here.

I know there’s no connection but I followed the Tiffany Ferguson case, another senseless murder in Nashville. I do hope some surveillance and/or tag cameras can come in to play here.

I've also been looking in to the 2016 murder of Ashley Brown who also worked at St. Thomas Hospital. I'm sure it's not related either, but seems very coincidental. Also happened in December...

What we know about the Nashville shooting that killed Caitlyn Kaufman
BRINLEY HINEMAN, NATALIE NEYSA ALUND AND RACHEL WEGNER | NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN | 1 hour ago
Snipped
What happened?
Police believe Kaufman was likely killed between 6 and 6:30 p.m. while she was on her way to work for a shift that began at 7 p.m.

A Metro Parks officer discovered Kaufman in her vehicle when he stopped around 9 p.m. Thursday to investigate why her vehicle was parked on the right shoulder of I-440W, believing it was a single-car crash.
More at link

Thanks for starting this thread. One of our nieces is a nurse in Nashville so it is very upsetting. (Not the same hospital)

1) My first thought was it was personal...an ex-boyfriend or someone close enough to know her schedule. LE though seems to be seeking a lot of help from the public so maybe not.
2) A crazy sniper type killer. Random. Type of bullet would help here.
3) A stray bullet scenario. Someone just fired a gun for the heck of it and it tragically struck someone. I think I read in a report that there were two bullet holes in her window so, if true, that probably rules this out.

I did read an article where a city councilwoman was talking about something needed to be done about the violence being done on Nashville’s roadways. She said it in response to Caitlin’s murder. It made me wonder what other types of violence she was referring to.

An intensive care nurse, a hero. This is so sad, and so angering at the same time.
Let us pray this Perp is arrested quickly.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Exactly. It sickens me to hear about an ICU nurse (indeed, anyone( being shot at any time, but in the middle of a global pandemic that is not slowing down? Evil.

Exactly. It sickens me to hear about an ICU nurse (indeed, anyone( being shot at any time, but in the middle of a global pandemic that is not slowing down? Evil.
Your post triggered a thought. I wonder if this nurse was involved in any public activities encouraging citizens to mask up? There is a fringe element that is deluded enough to believe that nurses are infringing on their civil liberties, and "the enemy"

Amateur opinion and speculation

What we know about the Nashville shooting that killed Caitlyn Kaufman
BRINLEY HINEMAN, NATALIE NEYSA ALUND AND RACHEL WEGNER | NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN | 1 hour ago
Snipped
What happened?
Police believe Kaufman was likely killed between 6 and 6:30 p.m. while she was on her way to work for a shift that began at 7 p.m.

A Metro Parks officer discovered Kaufman in her vehicle when he stopped around 9 p.m. Thursday to investigate why her vehicle was parked on the right shoulder of I-440W, believing it was a single-car crash.
More at link
Now a days so many people have cameras and phones attached to the dashboard while they drive. I have so many questions like. Is that a busy highway, was anyone on the road between the hours/mins of that may have drove past the car, possibly caught any plates on the road in the direct area during those times. I hate to digress and babble on. This incident is so heartening to me and I have so many thoughts and questions. Can cameras catch her from the time leaving her home. I hope the investigators are looking at ever and any angles. Uuugh this is so sad and scary.

I just seen a report on wsmv news4 web site where they talked with a person on council, Murphy, who says that council has taken notice of the increased road violence in Nashville and was looking in to preventative measures. A possibility being tag readers. I couldn’t believe that a city like that, with so much tourism, wouldn’t have that technology already. Surely there had to be cameras nearby, near stores and such.

Former Clarion University Diver Caitlin Kaufman Killed in Shooting in Tennessee

26-year-old Caitlin Kaufman, a former diver for the Clarion University women’s swimming and diving team was shot and killed while driving to work on Thursday night on Tennessee Interstate 440.

Kaufman competed at Clarion from 2012 until her graduation in 2016. During her time at the Clarion, she earned personal best dives of 233.70 on the 1M and 229.20 on the 3M. She was also recognized as a Clarion Scholar Athlete and she was a member of the Honors College.

Clarion University Athletics issued a statement on its Facebook page, “Clarion University and the Inter-University Athletics Club are saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Caitlin Kaufman. Caitlin embodied all the characteristics of a model student athlete while being a member of the Women’s Swimming & Diving Team. She was a tenacious competitor, a supportive teammate, and an avid student.”

It might be a man driving a dark Dodge pickup seen on video about 3 weeks ago in Hendersonville, TN, and involved in a road rage incident there. That suspect shot multiple times from the driver’s seat of his truck. The appearance/behavior of the shooter of Caitlyn is similar (see posts above). Hendersonville is about 25 min. drive from the site of Caitlyn’s shooting on I-440W.

Good thing is that there are interstate cameras on i440 at most of those exits

I hope this is so. Those cameras can be a big help, as with the Sweeney case in SC. They were able to track the suspect in that case all over Charleston and when he got to the city and left. I was confused because I read that story that I posted on earlier where a city rep talked of a need for tag readers.

I hope this is so. Those cameras can be a big help, as with the Sweeney case in SC. They were able to track the suspect in that case all over Charleston and when he got to the city and left. I was confused because I read that story that I posted on earlier where a city rep talked of a need for tag readers.

Attachments

• 42F727E6-AF7D-48B3-BB0C-91EE43A1F5B4.png
    42F727E6-AF7D-48B3-BB0C-91EE43A1F5B4.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 53

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads