TN TN - Charlotte, WhtMale 35-100, UP51803, alias 'Steve Johnson', lived w/ Patricia Beals, May'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recap:
  • may have lived in a trailer - 200 block of Blackie Road, just off of Rock Springs Road, in Charlotte
  • living under the fictitious name of “Steve Johnson”
  • living w/ female named Patricia Beals for several years at the Rock Springs Road home, until her death a few months prior to his own
  • drove a white Nissan truck
  • picked mushrooms
  • friends named Buster and Charlie
  • announced plans to move to Knoxville
  • believed to have used a cane to walk
  • believe he had actually died about two years before his body (skeletal remains) was discovered
  • believe foul play not involved - likely died of accidental or natural causes

View Jimmy Kittrell's Obituary and express your condolences

I went back to the obit for Ms. Beals. It shows that "She is survived by her friends, Steve Johnson of Charlotte; Jimmy Kittrell of Franklin, TN, and several nieces and nephews." I came across the obituary for Mr. Kittrell which gives his age as 77 when he passed. Ms. Beals was 71. This is purely speculation on my part but I'm thinking UID "Steve Johnson" may have been around that same age as well. I found the NamUs profile for a Mr. Perry Z Johnson (73) who went missing from Memphis in 2013. Apparently he was living in a guest house whose owner took coffee to him one morning, but he wasn't there and he's never been seen again.

There is only one low-quality photo on Perry's profile which makes it hard to do a comparison. However, I do think he shares some similarities with "Steve Johnson". One potential excluding factor would be Mr. Perry Johnson's height is shown as 5' 10" - 6' 3" while Steve's height is estimated to be between 5' 4" - 5' 10". There is a fair amount of descriptive info about Perry on the profile. One thing that caught my eye was that he was wearing "Black Diabetic shoes, with two Velco Fasteners". This makes me wonder whether, if he left voluntarily and began a new life, over the years he might have needed a cane. Also interesting was this description which I think fits "Steve Johnson" as well: "He has small eyes and the lid on top will be overlapping".

Perry Z. Johnson's profile -
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UID "Steve Johnson" -

Comparison photo -
oG7blph.jpg

View Jimmy Kittrell's Obituary and express your condolences

I went back to the obit for Ms. Beals. It shows that "She is survived by her friends, Steve Johnson of Charlotte; Jimmy Kittrell of Franklin, TN, and several nieces and nephews." I came across the obituary for Mr. Kittrell which gives his age as 77 when he passed. Ms. Beals was 71. This is purely speculation on my part but I'm thinking UID "Steve Johnson" may have been around that same age as well. I found the NamUs profile for a Mr. Perry Z Johnson (73) who went missing from Memphis in 2013. Apparently he was living in a guest house whose owner took coffee to him one morning, but he wasn't there and he's never been seen again.

There is only one low-quality photo on Perry's profile which makes it hard to do a comparison. However, I do think he shares some similarities with "Steve Johnson". One potential excluding factor would be Mr. Perry Johnson's height is shown as 5' 10" - 6' 3" while Steve's height is estimated to be between 5' 4" - 5' 10". There is a fair amount of descriptive info about Perry on the profile. One thing that caught my eye was that he was wearing "Black Diabetic shoes, with two Velco Fasteners". This makes me wonder whether, if he left voluntarily and began a new life, over the years he might have needed a cane. Also interesting was this description which I think fits "Steve Johnson" as well: "He has small eyes and the lid on top will be overlapping".

Perry Z. Johnson's profile -

UID "Steve Johnson" -

Comparison photo -
oG7blph.jpg
That is interesting I wonder if there would be any way to track down friends or family of Patricia to see if they might know more information about the mystery man she had living with her for so long. He lived in the area for several years someone has to know at least a little about him I would think.

June 8 2023
''The TBI identified 14 cases total that were eligible for the initiative that started in 2022. The Tennessee General Assembly approved a one-time funding of $100,000 to fund the initiative, which the TBI said is specifically being used to identify skeletal remains of victims in cold cases through forensic genetic genealogy testing. Remains from 10 of those individuals have been submitted to Othram Inc., a private lab based in Woodlands, Texas to conduct DNA extraction and sequencing.''

Dickson County – 2018​

51803_106730.jpg
An artist rendering of what the man found in Dickson County a well may have looked liked. (NamUs)
The most recent case that the TBI submitted for DNA testing through the initiative was a white man believed to be between 47 to 67 years old that was found in Dickson County on May 18, 2018.

The man’s NamUs profile says that power line workers were reportedly performing “right of way” clearing and maintenance duties in an area between Cumberland Furnace and Greenwood when they found the man’s remains down in a well. According to NamUs, the unrecognizable remains found were consistent with a white male 35 years old or older, and he was estimated to be between 5’4″ and 5’10” tall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back