TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

My hubby is in the HVAC industry and I asked about the radiant heating.
He said system could have been over loaded, possible codes were bypassed or improper sizing could cause fire.
Or wires somewhere could have burnt out and then sparked starting a fire.

Due to the age of the house, he said it is possible the heaters were very dusty and maybe had not been cleaned well in a long time, or maintained.
His opinion is that if a fire started on a heater, it should possibly have been a small one starting on a wall and possibly could have been caught quickly. And would possibly have moved up wards to start.

The flames marks on the basement walls ARE odd and I will find it interesting if we learn that accelerants were used.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family summerthyme..Thank you for posting.
Do you think the children are abducted ?

We moved to Nashville in 1988, and we had a small pan fire ourselves, Sun, and had been in a motel while Servpro was cleaning the house. So it's been hard for me to follow this. I was glad I could come here and find a thread on it.

Before moving to Nashville, I rode the bus with Leon's younger siblings. He has one brother and four sisters. One sister is married to my husband's first cousin. They are very very upset I have heard.

We lived at 107a Kingdom Rd before we moved in 1988. My Mother lived at 107 and gave us property to build on. So we were maybe two miles from Leon, which is the area they were raised. His parents lived there.

I talked to my aunt this morning, and the talk in the community is that there is foul play of some kind, but she did not say what people thought it was.

If I hear anything, I'll post.

When I first heard about it, from our motel on my twitter feed of a local news network, I thought it was a space heater fire. That night was to be the coldest since the summer:

Sept 23
NashSevereWx ‏@NashSevereWx
NWS - very brief period of patchy frost possible tonight/wee hours for Davidson.

I'm interested in knowing more details about the fire. I guess they'll release them after investigators learn the source of the fire. Doubt they will release the cause of the fire if they suspect arson, but maybe where the fire started. I'm wondering if there was a basement door leading to the outside? In my grandparents' house, there wasn't. That would make it easy for someone to lock the McClarans in the basement after luring them down there and starting the fire.

ETA: Precisely where the fire started, that is, other than the basement. Wonder if they'll be able to determine that considering the severity of the fire.

but a space heater fire moving with what appears to be such ferocity?

but a space heater fire moving with what appears to be such ferocity?

I'm just saying when we first got word that Leon's house had burned, with no other details, my first thought was it was a very cold night, and they probably had a space heater fire. I had in fact, used my space heater in my bedroom that day because we were not used to the chill. Of course, that thought was quickly dashed as details came out about the fire.

My daughter is friends with one of the volunteer firemen for Rover (that is actually what that little community is called but the post office addresses are Unionville) but he was not able to go to the fire that evening for some reason. But he said it didn't matter, it was gone by the time the firemen got there. He said it was very very fast. That was my first inkling that something strange was going on.

yeah I would think they would turn the heaters on prior to going to bed, to get the chill on out of the air, and any thing odd might have been noticed sooner rather than later
So tragic..where could these younguns be if they didn't perish in the fire?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19656828/investigators-sift-through-ashes-of-bedford-co-fatal-fire

TBI officials also said they have questioned the children's mother, and they believe she doesn't have the children or know where they are.

The state Department of Children's Services investigated the mother of the two children and Daniel's father between 2006 and 2010, said spokesman Brandon Gee. Gee would not release the names of the parents.

He would not say why the parents were investigated, but said the agency was sharing information with law enforcement involved in their search. He confirmed that the McClarans had custody of the two children, but he said DCS has never taken custody of them nor placed them in a home.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19656828/investigators-sift-through-ashes-of-bedford-co-fatal-fire

The cause of the fire has not been determined, but Bedford County Sheriff Randall Boyce has said he believed it was accidental.

Even in an intense fire, some bones and teeth should remain, although finding them may be extremely difficult, said Dr. William Bass, who founded the Body Farm research facility at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, where researchers study the decomposition of corpses in a variety of circumstances to aid scientific and criminal research.

It feels like such a lose-lose proposition. I'm looking for any possible good outcome and it seems pretty slim. Lesser of which bad ones...

:-(

I went to this facebook page and in the tagged pictures that people are posting I clicked on the one of the missing kids. I noticed that grandpa had a facebook page. I went there also!!! I looked at his pics which he has several and in one photo folder is a missing picture of a Philip Bradley Frizzell... I find that strange... was this person ever sleuthed on here?!?!

Rest in peace to Leon(Bubba) and Mollie!

BBM

Philip Bradley Frizzell was found dead behind a Tullahoma car dealership on the AEDC Access Road in 2009.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1591946.html

Search for 2 Tenn. children missing after deadly fire focuses on ashes, debris

Authorities looking for any trace of two missing children doggedly sifted the ashes of a deadly house fire, searched rolling farmland nearby and untangled complicated family relationships.

Investigators aren’t sure if 9-year-old Chloie Leverette and her half brother, 7-year-old Gage Daniel, died along with an elderly couple raising them in a fire that incinerated their home Sunday night. Two bodies tentatively identified as 72-year-old Leon “Bubba” McClaran and his 70-year-old wife, Molli McClaran, were recovered Monday but fire investigators said they found no remains of the children.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8e6ae4-0837-11e2-9eea-333857f6a7bd_story.html

Great article nurse, thanks.

This part killed me:
Lamb said authorities warned her at the beginning of the investigation that they may never be certain what happened to the children.

I mean I feel for this family - first all 4 perished in the fire...then wait no, the kids weren't in the fire they are missing...back to well maybe they were in the fire :(

Serious thoughts and prayers go out to this family - I hope they get answers soon.

My heart is breaking for this family. I hope they find the children very soon.

Amber alert just issued to my email and on our TV:

...OFFICIAL AMBER ALERT...

THIS IS A CHILD ABDUCTION EMERGENCY RECEIVED BY THE
TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

A MIDDLE TENNESSEE AMBER ALERT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE BEDFORD COUNTY
SHERIFF'S OFFICE FOR 9 YEAR OLD CHLOIE LEVERETTE AND 7 YEAR OLD
GAGE DANIEL. THE CHILDREN WERE LAST SEEN ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2012
AT APPROXIMATELY 6:30 PM BY A NEIGHBOR. CHLOIE AND GAE LIVED WITH
THEIR GRANDPARENTS AT 730 KINGDOM ROAD, UNIONVILLE, TENNESSEE.
THAT HOME WAS DESTROYED BY FIRE ON SUNDAY NIGHT AT APPROXIMATELY
9:30 PM. AFTER AN EXTENSIVE 5 DAY SEARCH, MULTIPLE FIRE EXPERTS
HAVE PROCESSED THE SCENE AND ARE UNABLE TO LOCATE EVIDENCE THAT
CHLOIE AND GAGE WERE VICTIMS OF THE FIRE. THE LOCATION OF CHLOIE
AND GAGE IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION
CONCERNING THE CHILDREN, PLEASE CONTACT THE TBI AT 1-800-TBI-FIND.

IF YOU HAVE SEEN EITHER CHLOIE OR GAGE, PLEASE CALL THE TENNESSEE
BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION AT 1-800-TBI-FIND OR 1-800-824-3463.
JLM

Such a sad situation..Praying for your family and the children..

Maybe they haven't searched hard enough through the rubble of the house? I don't know, this is goosebumps style stuff. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back