TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

I wondered if the nephew who passed is the boy's father? Perhaps the mother
is trying to get herself together..

The whole story here makes my blood run cold, so many different angles to look at. So many scenes of what could have happened..
I am praying for theses children..

I'm going to try and see if I can find anything in the courts on line..

From my buzzing around earlier - it is Chloie's dad who passed I believe<<--- IMO

Are the children brother and sister? or cousins?

From this article, it would appear they are half-brother/sister. Same mother, different fathers.

The state Department of Children's Services investigated the mother of the two children and Daniel's father between 2006 and 2010, said spokesman Brandon Gee. Gee would not release the names of the parents.

From this article http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tenn-children-missing-killed-fire-17331572#.UGOYHFH1nt8

I find this strange:
The McClarans' remains were found in the home's basement under where the bedrooms had been, according to the sheriff.
Does that mean they were in the basement at the time of the fire or did they end up in the basement due to the collapse of the house?
If they were in the basement, I find that suspicious for both adults and the animal to be in the basement that late in the evening with school in the morning.
I would also like to know if there were any working smoke detectors in the home.

This map shows the grandparents' home in a rural area:
730 Kingdom Road, Unionville, Tennessee - Google Maps

I would suspect LE has searched all of the buildings on their land, as well as the house, thoroughly for the children before putting out an alert. Although the nearest neighbor is a good distance away, I think the children would run to a neighbor's house when the fire started.

If these children were kidnapped after the grandparents were murdered and the house set on fire, the kidnapper and children could be long gone. At this time, LE doesn't know whether the children were just frightened and are hiding somewhere or if they were taken. Makes the case very difficult.

Gosh, I wonder how thoroughly they've searched the house at this point? Sometimes kids will hide in a fire situation. Perhaps they hid somewhere in the house and their bodies are in a location that wouldn't be "expected" (like in a closet or something).

I really hope they are found or at least there are answers for the family.
I must trust the TN State Fire Marshall's Office in their conclusion the children's remains are not amongst the rubble.
Discussing this with a veteran firefighter, my DH, it would be highly improbable evidence of the children's remains would be inadvertantly undetected.

I wonder if all the parents of the children have been located and their whereabouts when the fire started verified...even the extended family directly related to the 2 children.

This is so horrible. Prayers to their family....they seem to be very close.

The last article (video) says the little boy didn't go to school that day..Friday, but the little girl did.

"To err on the side of caution, as far as law enforcement is concerned, we feel like we can leave no stone unturned and just try to follow every lead that we can to ensure that they're not somewhere else," Helm said. "I don't know where else they would be. They were a close knit family."

[snip]

The sheriff's department has brought in additional cadaver dogs to assist in the search. The TBI and ATF are also helping with the case.

More: http://www.fox19.com/story/19645959/crews-now-searching-for-children-1st-thought-dead

Oh, they think that there may be remains that can't be recognized as such due to the extreme heat of the fire :(

... Before the TBI's announcement, their agents searched the fire scene as cadaver dogs from Stewart County Emergency Management Agency sniffed piles of burnt wreckage and the remains of the home's basement.

"They've hit on a few areas and we've gone back and searched," Bedford County Fire Chief Mark Thomas. "Some of what we found has been sent to be tested to see if it's human remains. We also found some teeth. The state fire marshal took them to a dentist to see if they're from a human." ...

http://www.t-g.com/story/1898131.html

Can a fire get that hot without an accelerant?

I was wondering if perhaps the children started the fire on accident...and then ran to hide when they realized what was happening. I know thats awful to imagine...

My heart is broken for the grandparents and their family...OMG,this is just such a tragedy.

I don't know how big the family dog was, but they were able to locate that. So I'd hope that small children would be able to be located as well. That was hard to type. :(

I pray the children are alive and well somewhere.

The location of the grandparents bodies in the basement sounds like a crime to me. JMO.

This is almost like the perfect crime..
I hope they are able to determine the cause of the fire.
The fire burned very hot. I always thought it would take some time to cremate remains.
One Child 50 lbs and the other 75 lbs.
I would think if they found the dog,They should have been able to find the children..

Prayers that they find these children safe!

This is almost like the perfect crime..
I hope they are able to determine the cause of the fire.
The fire burned very hot. I always thought it would take some time to cremate remains.
One Child 50 lbs and the other 75 lbs.
I would think if they found the dog,They should have been able to find the children..

BBM ~ I agree, if they were able to find the dog, then I would hope that they would be ale to find the children, if they weer in the house.

"They feel like they don't have solid evidence right now to assume these children were in the fire," said TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm, in reference to information she received from state Bomb and Arson investigators.

"It's not to say that they weren't [in the fire], they may have been and further investigation may find that they were," Helm continued, "To air on the side of caution, as far as law enforcement is concerned, we feel like we can leave no stone unturned and follow every lead that we can to ensure they're not somewhere else."

Helm told Nashville's News 2 a neighbor last saw the children around 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators have determined Chloie was in school Friday, but her brother, Gage was not.

Helm said Leon and Molly McClaran had had custody of their grandchildren, Chloie and Gage, for five years.

She added the children lived with the McClaran's at their home located at 730 Kingdom Road in Unionville, about 45 miles southeast of Nashville.

The home was destroyed by a fire that broke out around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. The bodies of 72-year-old Leon McClaran Sr., his wife, 70-year-old Molly McClaran, were recovered on Monday, but investigators were unable to find evidence the children died in the fire.

For about an hour Wednesday, a Tennessee Highway Patrol helicopter circled the family's property and cadaver dogs also searched nearby.

Helm said nothing was found.

Officials from the Department of Children's Services told Nashville's News 2 the children's mother and Gage's father had previously been investigated by the department between 2006 and 2010.

The department, however, would not say why the pair was investigated and that the children had not been taken or placed in DCS.

Helm told Nashville's News 2 they were asked by the district attorney Wednesday morning to open an investigation into the McClaran's deaths and into the whereabouts of the two children.

TBi is awaiting autopsy results on the McClarans to determine the cause of death.
http://www.wkrn.com/story/19646010/bedford-county-fatal-house-fire

Have any of the children's Biological parents from which the children ad been taken from and placed with Grandparents, been located yet or are 1 or more of them missing also?

This is so sad, I hope so much there is a possibility they are alive some where....but then what will that mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back