TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased that Vanessa's parents are not bashing her in the public eye. Gary is honest about his feelings but VC's parents did not raise her to be a killer. Her parents are angry at her for whatever her involvement is in this case and association with the bad guys.

I believe most parents do their best and so often kids embarrass/shame us.

I believe in my heart that had Deena answered Channon's phone call she would be alive today. I want to believe she said something out of place that would have alerted her mother. Now that is just the mother in me speaking.

Before anyone beats up on me read this. I drove to Knoxville last August but the trial ended a day before I left MI. I so wanted to look these killers in the face. I detest them. It still hurts when I think of what Channon must have been thinking. Where is my daddy? I am a daddy's girl and my dad is 83 years old and I would still look for him to save me.

I read somewhere VC was offered immunity and she rejected it. Does anyone know anything about this? I will do a search for my answer.

Any trial watchers here have a problem with the same judge for all four trials? One thing is certain her trial is moving at lightening speed.

Hey RayStar! Not only was she offered immunity, she was IN witness protection with her Mother when she decided she wanted to leave. That is when she was eventually charged with the crimes. I'm searching currently for a court record that outlined the whole thing, but I can't find it. When I do I'll add it to my post (unless someone else beats me to it!). ETA - Durr, it was in her transcript, they begin discussing it at the bottom of page 57, found here: http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/030309carjack-colemantranscript.pdf

I can't say I have a problem with Judge B., I feel like he is doing an incredible job having to sit through trial after trial after trial AFTER TRIAL of these horrific crimes. He seems like a very fair and honorable man to me. I haven't sensed or seen any "favoritism" or things of that nature from him at all. I'm guessing that's why he was given these trials in the first place.

Thanks SuziQ. My grandsons are here now and that caused me to stray. LOL I will read up on her decision to go to trial in the AM.

My problem with the judge is he is allowing the witnesses to blurt out whatever they feel. I also think the nature of the crimes would make anyone bias against any defendant. I don't like how Judge B has not cautioned the witnesses to answer the question asked only.

Can you imagine these outbursts in Judge Jackie's courtroom (the OJ judge in Las Vegas)?
Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member