TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news lady says they jury doesn't believe the rape of Christian, I think she is wrong, I just think they feel it wasn't proven BRD.

It was terrible listening to Cobbins' sister (I only listened to one) pleading for her brother's life. But honestly that should have no bearing on sentencing decision. Perpetrators who commit heinous--esp capital--crimes oughta think about that too, heartache and pain they heap upon their own families.

Victims' families reacting now. "Finally have the justice the kids deserve..."

:parrot:

:)
vo3o79.jpg

Thank God for this jury, now if they will do what needs to be done tomorrow, I'll dance a tune.

Gary is holding Mr Newsom's shoulder after thanking him for teaching him legal terminology and how to maintain a level temper. ;)
vemzd0.jpg

Gary: "I know, and you know, what (sentence) oughta be. Cuz they think I might blow up... they might be right. So I'll let my wife and son do the speaking for me."

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!! JUSTICE FOR CHRIS & CHANNON. I missed the verdit darn it...but glad with the outcome, can't wait for the sentencing tomorrow!! You are going down you ghetto, murdering, torturist. Oh I hope I don't get banned for that..

I am bawling....

Me too, Suzi. Hard to see anything through the tears...

The voices of the jurors, these smiles on the parents faces.. Mr Newsom choking up when saying this time there was justice for Chris too... omg...

A ray of light after so much grief and horror:
2s10iyp.jpg

From what I see on TV, I really like these people, the Christians and the Newsomes. It's good to see them finally get some relief! The defense attorneys will a hard time living down their slimey defense tactics.

Deena: "Two down, two--or hopefully three--to go."

Mr. Newsom: "I just wish each one of you could have met Chris, instead of the picture the defense painted... He had immeasurable compassion for his friends and relatives."

Gary: "You didn't go out w their son or my daughter unless you were top-notch. I made a promise to my daughter. If you think we're thru w Cobbins you got another think comin'. We just got started."

I agree, yolorado, very bittersweet for them, though.

I love Gary he is going to go after this justice system..which is what they should!! I'm behind them and I know everyone else on this board is!!!!!!!!!!

Hugh Newsom: It's time we took the handcuffs off the policemen and onto criminals! :toast:

It's good to hear Gary talk because I worry about him so much when he rocks, but when he talks, I can tell he's OK. He and they all are talking about their abuse by the system.

When I say Gary's ok, I don't mean that he'll ever get over the horrible crime, but I mean I think he's not going to crack.

Families are complimenting each other's children. It's wonderful to hear them talking this way!

I love Gary he is going to go after this justice system..which is what they should!! I'm behind them and I know everyone else on this board is!!!!!!!!!!
They look like they are planning on making some big waves to clean the system up indeed!

If they come up with a ribbon or logo to represent the movement, I'll sport that sucker with pride. :thumb:

Thank you all for being here, got to go, This is so hard to watch, although I know they are relieved at this outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK