Found Deceased TN - Danielle Owens, 16, last seen on trail or highway, Greeneville, 11 Dec 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Family and friends gather in Hardin Park to hold a vigil for missing 16-year-old, Danielle Owens.

The Greeneville Police Department says the original report for Danielle was filed November 17, 2022. This is when they considered her missing and entered her into their records.

Family and friends say she was last seen December 11th.

Today, they pray for her to come home.

“I’m just asking [God] to give her mother comfort because Kassie is really tore up about all this as we all are,” said Danielle’s great aunt, Karen Roberts.

“I can’t eat, sleep,” said Danielle’s mother, Kassandra Messer. “I cry all of the time. It’s very emotional, depressing.”

Family members say Danielle was last seen off Lonesome Pine Trail, or Rogersville Highway.

Authorities and family members have had search parties canvasing the area with no luck.

The family hopes putting up flyers will help get the word out.

“[I hope] that the right person will see it and bring Danielle home,” said family friend, Amanda Wallace. “I have hope that she’s still alive.”

If you have information on Danielle’s whereabout, you’re asked to contact the Greeneville Police.

Danielle Owens has brown hair and blue eyes and is around 5′ 2” and approximately 120 lbs.

he last family member to see Owens in person was her mother, Kassandra Messer, on Dec. 3, 2022, at the Greeneville Landing Apartments, 1100 Light St.
1 of 2
Missing Teen Danielle Owens

Missing Teen Danielle Owens

Messer said Owens grabbed the keys to her apartment and she believed Owens would be returning, but she has not seen her since.

MISSING IN AMERICA: 16 Year old vanishes after fleeing abusive 31 year old boyfriend​

According to posts on social media on Thursday, family, friends, and volunteers are organizing a search party for the missing 16-year-old Danielle Owens after she was last seen on December 11, 2022, in Greenville, Tennessee.

The story surrounding Danielle's disappearance and the search for the missing teen is one that has not received much press, and the family is desperate to get people to help them search for her. A few Tik Tok accounts and Youtube channels have tried to share information, but local media is all but missing in this case.

In fact, when researching her disappearance, I was only able to find two articles about this case, and one was a short one-paragraph announcement of a prayer vigil that the family held last week. The family has not given up hope that Danielle will be found alive, and they are asking for volunteers to help search one of the last known locations where Danielle was seen.

It’s been reported, but was not confirmed, that the last sighting of her was with another grown man, a “friend,” 32-year-old Cody Wilburn. Both are claiming to have no idea or information on where she is or has been.

Danielle was in the custody of the Tennessee Dept of Children's Services when in November 2022, she ran away. Because she was reported as a runaway, and the case is still open, the family says that local media will not air her story. It has been difficult to get the attention needed in their quest to locate Danielle.

According to the family, for three weeks after she ran away, she kept in touch with her family and friends. Danielle was always active on social media and used Facebook messenger to communicate daily.

But on December 11, 2022, That all changed. Danielle and her much older boyfriend, David Dabbs, 31. got into a physical altercation.

After David choked her, his father called the police, and before the police arrived, Danielle “ran off into the woods” from home. When officers arrived, Danielle could not be located; however, officers found one of Danielle's shoes in the front yard.

The family was told that it was possible that Danielle was later seen with another “friend,” 32-year-old Cody Wilburn. The story surrounding her being with him and where she went from there has been changed numerous times.

Dabbs was taken into custody and is still in custody for non-related charges. Law enforcement did not see Danielle when they arrived there that night. No one has not seen or heard from Danielle since.

The family said it is unusual for Owens not to contact anyone for a long period of time.

According to The Greenville Sun, Richard Hinkle is Danille's’ grandfather and has been her guardian since she was six years old.

“This is not like her,” Hinkle said. “She will call me when she will call no one else.”

“It’s out of character for her to not be in touch with anybody” for this length of time, Kim Carraway, the teen’s aunt, added.

Messer said her daughter has been in the custody of the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services for the past year.

“We need to get it out there that she’s missing,” Messer said.

Greeneville Police Department Capt. Steve Spano said there is an active missing person report through the National Crime Information Center database from Owens’ original disappearance on Nov. 17.

“We’re following up on leads when we get them,” Spano said. “There is an active report filed for her.”

Spano said the original missing person's report filed back in November is still active.

“We know she’s out there somewhere and that someone knows something — and we need her found,” Carraway said.

Danielle is approximately 5’1” - 5’4” (different heights reported) and weighs approximately 120 lbs. She has brown/blonde hair and blue eyes and may be wearing black glasses.

If you have any information on Danielle’s disappearance or know where she is, please contact the Greene County TN Sheriff's Department at 423-798-1800
1674994515684.png
1674994873454.png

Prior to living with her mother in an apartment in Greeneville she had been in the care of Tennessee Dept. Of Family and Childrens Services.

Not much info on this. I couldn't access one, and the other article gave very little info. I guess LE and family cannot find any trace of her so far. Hoping she didn't get scooped up by someone online line with "promises."
Worried for her being in possible peril, and for her family members who are probably wild with worry and fear for her.

The one thing that scares me is there were two adult males seen with her at one point. One is in our local county lock-up, the other fled police and was not found. I can't help but wonder if these two thirty something men are involved in her disappearance. No one is named as a suspect or POI in the case at present.

2/7/23

Relatives of 16-year-old Danielle Owens, the Greeneville girl missing since December, have been told by police that the body of a girl found early Tuesday in a cornfield off Doughtys Chapel Road is that of the teenager.

Identified as Danielle. Rest in peace, sweet girl. :(

FEB 8, 2023
Update: The body found in a cornfield early Tuesday in Greene County has been identified as a missing juvenile.

According to the Greeneville Police Department, the body of Danielle Owens was discovered.

The investigation remains ongoing, police said Wednesday.

---

2/7/23

Relatives of 16-year-old Danielle Owens, the Greeneville girl missing since December, have been told by police that the body of a girl found early Tuesday in a cornfield off Doughtys Chapel Road is that of the teenager.

From the article:
"Deputies found the body “lying in the middle” of the cornfield along Doughtys Chapel Road, off Lonesome Pine Trail."

She was last seen on Lonesome Pine Trail, location where body was found seems close to last seen location.

GREENEVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — Karen Roberts, the great-aunt of 16-year-old Danielle Owens, is seeking answers and justice after her great-niece’s body was found in a Greene County cornfield.

“They say you go through stages of grief and we’re now angry, okay?” Roberts said.

Roberts says Owens had been missing for almost two months.

She says her family and police searched the cornfield a week before Owens’ body was found.

“She was not there,” said Roberts. “I can prove it.”

She says her family and police searched the cornfield a week before Owens’ body was found.

“She was not there,” said Roberts. “I can prove it.”

I wonder if they missed her or she really wasn’t in the field when they searched?

So she ran away from the custody of children's services in November and her family knew that she was with 30-something year old guy #1 but she wasn't picked back up by children's services then they had some kind of an altercation in December and she disappeared but there is a report she was later seen with 30-something year old guy #2? Am I understanding all that correctly?

March 13, 2023

The mother of a 20 year old woman who went missing on Nov. 5, 2021 and whose body was found two days later thinks that her death may be tied to the death of Danielle Owens.

"It's been more than a year since a 20-year-old was found dead at an abandoned house in Greene Co. Now her mother shares her agony as she waits for answers."

It looks like I posted the above article a day too soon. The Greeneville Police Department has charged a man in the death of Caitlin Crum. I don't see an obvious link to the death of Danielle Owens.

March 14, 2023

"Caitlin Crum was 20 years old when she was found dead at an abandoned home in Greeneville. On Tuesday, the Greeneville Police Department said a man was found and arrested in Knoxville following an indictment charging him and booking him on a $70,000 bond.They said Preston Romez Moore, 31, was charged with abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and failure to report a death. They said he did not report her death and left her body in the abandoned home.

Police said her death was from an overdose caused by fentanyl and methamphetamine. They also said that Moore was with her when she died."

"And it breaks my heart that she loved them so much and she's missing out on their growing," said Brandi Knight, Caitlin's mother."

"Knight has been pushing for answers and justice. She has been protesting and posting signs about the loss of her daughter. But, Greeneville police said it's not that simple to give information about an open investigation.

"If we release everything we know all the particulars about the case, one, it makes it very hard to see the jury if you are able to charge somebody. Then, the district attorney's office can't prosecute," said Captain Timothy Davis, from GPD. "That doesn't meet our goal of taking care of the victim and getting justice for the victim."

Davis said a backlog of cases across the state has been affecting them. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation uses forensic testing, DNA, blood testing, and fingerprint analysis to develop cases."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back