Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

The violence inflicted upon Eliza is horrific.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. I can’t imagine being told what depravity was imposed upon my loved one.

If anyone deserves the DP he is the Pister Child.

MOO
And to think it might have been prevented if the rape kit from the other victim had been processed much sooner!

Poor Eliza. She put on her trainers in the morning and never saw this monster coming. All this time I assumed she was strangled, now autopsy results indicate she was shot in the head! This is so devastating. CH deserves the death penalty. He is monster. I wish I never read the autopsy report.

Best as I can describe, a Le Fort II fracture is almost a triangular area from the bridge of the nose that extends out and down to the far edges of the upper jaw.

That autopsy report is horrific and nauseating. :(

JMO

The visual description of Le Fort II linked here was useful to me.

I speculate that CAH hit her in the face/nose during the initial abduction or during those few minutes in the car, and then drugged her before driving off. This would account for the blood in the car. I’d venture that the combination of the blow / drugging rendered her incapacitated prior to a (presumed) SA and then her death.

I am choosing to believe that she had a few moments of terror, and then was not conscious for the majority of the crime. Its the least-awful conclusion I can come up with that still fits the evidence.

No matter how horrible I think this case already is, it manages to get worse. Poor Eliza. I pray she was unconscious… that’s not close to enough. Anything I try to say feels inadequate.

DP. And I hope he suffers badly.
The only issue I have with DP in this case is that it won’t be brought swiftly enough.

Bring it on.
3 Clear Sundays… and drop him.

jmo

Poor Eliza. She put on her trainers in the morning and never saw this monster coming. All this time I assumed she was strangled, now autopsy results indicate she was shot in the head! This is so devastating. CH deserves the death penalty. He is monster. I wish I never read the autopsy report.
Thanks for the warning! :(

Yep. We can never forget that. There was evidence it was him from when the rape was reported in September 2021.
True. That gal was lucky she wasn't killed as well. I wonder why CAH left a witness alive?

If CAH takes a plea deal to take the DP off the table, then there isn't any point to a trial? Although, it sounds like CAH has already decided to go all the way with his denial of guilt. He may as well stall as long as possible, he doesn't have anything to look forward to except to go back to the big crib.

I stepped away from this case for a bit, so not up to date. Was Eliza drugged during the assault and murder?
Toxicology reported a finding of fentanyl. I have not seen further MSM reports, but there is some speculation that Eliza was possibly drugged prior to her murder.

Starting at pg 9 of the autopsy report:

The visual description of Le Fort II linked here was useful to me.

I speculate that CAH hit her in the face/nose during the initial abduction or during those few minutes in the car, and then drugged her before driving off. This would account for the blood in the car. I’d venture that the combination of the blow / drugging rendered her incapacitated prior to a (presumed) SA and then her death.

I am choosing to believe that she had a few moments of terror, and then was not conscious for the majority of the crime. Its the least-awful conclusion I can come up with that still fits the evidence.
Yes, the video not released, but one can imagine that CAH forcibly slammed her face into the passenger side door as he was trying to get her into the SUV, causing the fracture and a huge bleed. It's not easy to break those bones. That would have hurt a lot, and been very messy inside the car - necessitating the clean up that we know about. He didn't shoot her until at the house, so she was alive in between. Inject her with fentanyl to calm her down, and render her passive. Does that account for the 10 minutes or so that the SUV sat before they left? Was that this guy's MO? If so, methodically planned - you need a syringe. Makes me angry.

No judgement, but her blood analysis was more complicated than I would have expected. Prozac and benzos indicate she was under psychiatric monitoring (anxiety, depression) - that's not unusual. Does oxycodone indicate a prescription for chronic pain? How about the cocaine - recreational use or part of the fentanyl mixture? Anyway, her blood work was complicated... Not that any of that matters in terms of the crime.

He shoots her at the house because the casing is found there (do I have that right?). I guess he thought she was still alive. No sexual assault? Maybe things got too out of hand for CAH. Maybe the evidence is inconclusive. No matter - good on Eliza for fighting. I pray for her.

Yes, the video not released, but one can imagine that CAH forcibly slammed her face into the passenger side door as he was trying to get her into the SUV, causing the fracture and a huge bleed. It's not easy to break those bones. That would have hurt a lot, and been very messy inside the car - necessitating the clean up that we know about. He didn't shoot her until at the house, so she was alive in between. Inject her with fentanyl to calm her down, and render her passive. Does that account for the 10 minutes or so that the SUV sat before they left? Was that this guy's MO? If so, methodically planned - you need a syringe. Makes me angry.

No judgement, but her blood analysis was more complicated than I would have expected. Prozac and benzos indicate she was under psychiatric monitoring (anxiety, depression) - that's not unusual. Does oxycodone indicate a prescription for chronic pain? How about the cocaine - recreational use or part of the fentanyl mixture? Anyway, her blood work was complicated... Not that any of that matters in terms of the crime.

He shoots her at the house because the casing is found there (do I have that right?). I guess he thought she was still alive. No sexual assault? Maybe things got too out of hand for CAH. Maybe the evidence is inconclusive. No matter - good on Eliza for fighting. I pray for her.
I think you're confusing what she was screened for vs what was found. Be right back.

Screenshot of positive findings attached. They tested for several drugs. Not all were found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-163009_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-163009_Samsung Internet.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I think you're confusing what she was screened for vs what was found. Be right back.

Screenshot of positive findings attached. They tested for several drugs. Not all were found.
Thanks. I stand corrected, then.
Facts are facts!
So, which were found/not found? Trace vs. not present, vs. present.

What scares me, is how many other "Cleotha's" are out in the community? Completely institutionalized since being incarcerated from age 16, just cut loose in the community, no supervision or assessment once his time is done.

Does anyone think that this guy, was not just a ticking bomb? Ready to let loose on whoever crossed his path? Just a matter of time.
I am 100% in the death penalty for this guy camp. I've already posted about my DP thoughts more generally.

But I also have to fault our criminal justice system. It had 20 years to "fix" CH. Either it failed or people like him are unfixable. I do not know or even have an opinion about which is the case. But is they are unfixable, I am inclined to just recognize that and use the DP more often. If they are fixable and states fail to implement treatment/fixing programs, maybe we should hold state officials more broadly accountable for stuff like this. It might make them wake up and do their job!

I really hope his prison record and evaluation come out.

The case of Henderson, who already has served 20 years in prison for a kidnapping he committed at 16, has reignited criticism of Tennessee’s sexual assault testing process. That has included calls for shorter delays from the testing agency, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and questions about why Memphis didn’t seek to fast-track a kit that could have been tested in days.

Instead, it took nearly a year, unearthing key evidence too late to charge Henderson before Fletcher’s killing.

The tragic outcome brings back memories from the early 2010s, when Memphis revealed a backlog of about 12,000 untested rape kits that took years to whittle down and led to a lawsuit that’s still ongoing. The new rape charges have spurred another lawsuit accusing the Memphis Police Department of negligence for the delay.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

The suspect had easy access to, and possibly was involved in, fentanyl processing/dealing with his brother. The only explanation for fentanyl in the body of a victim that had suffered extreme head/facial trauma is that powder was deposited into her nose and/or mouth. It's possible her head was slammed into the door frame when she was first forced into the car. Apparently, it took him 4 more minutes to incapacitate/secure her after that. Perhaps he was hoping to cause an overdose, or just subdue her and keep her alive during the assaults.

The description of the victim, especially the heart, in the autopsy report, doesn't show any of the telltale signs of substance abuse of opioids/fentanyl.
Edit to add. I can't tell if it's possible for the amount detected could be accounted for by the victim being forced to inhale while close to the suspect's clothing. He may have had enough powder on his person from handling fentanyl, for it to show up on her autopsy.

Legal documents show that Cleotha Abston’s brother was arrested Saturday, Sept. 3 after investigators found 2.3 grams of heroin and 27 grams of fentanyl in his home

Last edited by a moderator:
The suspect had easy access to, and possibly was involved in, fentanyl processing/dealing with his brother. The only explanation for fentanyl in the body of a victim that had suffered extreme head/facial trauma is that powder was deposited into her nose and/or mouth. It's possible her head was slammed into the door frame when she was first forced into the car. Apparently, it took him 4 more minutes to incapacitate/secure her after that. Perhaps he was hoping to cause an overdose, or just subdue her and keep her alive during the assaults.

The description of the victim, especially the heart, in the autopsy report, doesn't show any of the telltale signs of substance abuse of opioids/fentanyl.

Legal documents show that Cleotha Abston’s brother was arrested Saturday, Sept. 3 after investigators found 2.3 grams of heroin and 27 grams of fentanyl in his home
Or, once he restrained her, he may have had a needle prepared and administered it that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back