Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks. That's another requirement. Again, not being updated on this case, or not seeing the video of her abduction, I can only guess they have evidence that she suffered serious bodily injury without having her body.
Yeah, no one has seen the video. It could show him beating her or Tennessee may include causing bleeding as serious harm and they found her blood in the car. I have not delved into that because I think we are going to see some big (but sad) developments over the next couple of days. MPD is really on their game. For you locals, I don't know if this is typical but from the outside looking in they are doing an outstanding job. Very professional. I am still frustrated by their lack of communication but that is secondary.

Personally I hope he gets the death penalty and gets injected with those drugs that cause excruciating pain for hours before death. But thats just me
This is one of those cases where I'd be happy if he just died in custody and in hindsight I wish he already had. There's no example to be made here, animals like this don't consider the consequences of their actions and every hour he remains on this earth is an hour too long.

bond info, also "Henderson" is not listed under alias so I'm still confused about that detail
I am also confused about the Henderson. It appears nowhere on official databases but it is on the charging affidavit. MA also uses it in his rap name and on youtube. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those cases where I'd be happy if he just died in custody and in hindsight I wish he already had. There's no example to be made here, animals like this don't consider the consequences of their actions and every hour he remains on this earth is an hour too long.
Yes, he is breathing air that I don't think he should be entitled to. I am someone who is generally forgiving and willing to give someone a second chance and an opportunity to be rehabilitated. I also generally oppose the death penalty these days, not on moral grounds but because I think we have killed many innocent people in the past because of misconduct and lies by cops and prosecutors.

But in this case, I hope he gets the death penalty because I am convinced he is guilty as hell.

He needs to disclose where she is first.

Yeah, no one has seen the video. It could show him beating her or Tennessee may include causing bleeding as serious harm and they found her blood in the car. I have not delved into that because I think we are going to see some big (but sad) developments over the next couple of days. MPD is really on their game. For you locals, I don't know if this is typical but from the outside looking in they are doing an outstanding job. Very professional. I am still frustrated by their lack of communication but that is secondary.
You may be right. I'm sure we'll know in time. In order to be charged with especially aggravated kidnapping with a deadly weapon, one doesn't need a deadly weapon. All they have to do is make the victim think there's one. So, for example, if I stick my hand under my shirt and kidnap someone, and they think I have a gun, but I don't, that's all it takes to be charged.

Regarding the three-hour time difference, I have some questions about traffic in Memphis.

1. The initial kidnapping event took place at 4:30 a.m. (according to the surveillance video from 3876 Central Avenue).

2. He was then seen at 7:50 a.m. at the home of his brother cleaning out his vehicle.

Is traffic in Memphis on a working day heavy? Fridays in the metropolitan area where I live, especially on a holiday weekend like Labor Day, have heavily-congested freeways and streets. People may have been going into work early, so that they could leave early. Even with COVID, and people working from home, traffic may have been slow.

Even side streets (residential areas) can be crazy. He was disposing of evidence (including her, if we assume he had no help from anyone else), so I'm thinking he must have been slowed down somewhat by traffic.

If my assumption is true, then she has to be reasonably close to where she was taken.

JMVHO and thoughts.
Memphis can have a fair amount of traffic, but a lot of his activity was before rush hour. He could have stayed on side streets between the U of M (abduction point) and his/ his brother’s apartments. I used to take Quince (where the McDonalds dumpster was searched) home from school when I was a U of M student and lived out in southeast Memphis. I would have passed Ridgeway (the road his apartment was off of) every day.

I pray they find her before a deal is made. He deserves the death penalty and all that entails until he is put to death. What he is being accused of is absolutely sickening and evil. I just don’t see him having the capacity to be rehabilitated and I don’t say that lightly. This case is really getting to me emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. I cannot imagine what her family is going through. And for what? For what…?

It’s so frustrating for LE, her family, everyone. It’s insane that Liza was missing for less than 4 hours before he was spotted without her and LE is unable to find her.
Honestly surprised so many people think this in the thread. I feel like they are moving so incredibly fast and have looked many places for things, collecting evidence as well. I don’t think it means she necessarily was already taken away in dumpster before LE got to it (that would be pretty incredible but a possibility) or dismembered and that’s why they’re taking time. They’re good thoughts but I feel like they’ve figured out a lot and covered a ton of ground quickly. I’m sure it’s extremely hard to search thoroughly as well. Especially without the help of suspect. I think they’ll find her soon.

What was happening in those 4 minutes that the vehicle remained at the abduction site? Was she drugged? Strangled or beat? Sexually assaulted? I can’t imagine what that poor woman went through. Praying that justice and answers come soon.
Yeah, this is the stuff that always bothers me, too. :/

-I have to get some rest, although I feel I need to let everyone searching for Eliza know we have not given up. This is for them as I lay down in the early morning hours of 9-5-22:
Even though a man is in custody for the kidnapping of Eliza Fletcher she has not been found. We have followed the searches all over the city of Memphis. We continue to keep her family in our thoughts and prayers. No matter your beliefs, please light a candle or do an act of kindness while her family and Memphis wait for answers. There is still a $50,000 reward offered by her family for valid information.
People with information are encouraged to call the Memphis Police Department at 901-545-COPS (2677).
If anyone reading this knows anything, please make that call. We are begging you.
Hoping for news soon.
Chi in Memphis

1662363505219.png

He is like 3 times the size of her and was obviously very aggressive and she probably didn’t even have a chance to run.

It was 4am and she wasn’t expecting to be attacked and the element of surprise and his sheer size means it wasn’t a battle she was going to win.

MOOO
He may have had a taser, a knife, a gun, or some other weapon to scare/subdue.

She fought very hard IMO, the entire time <modsnip: No link to support info stated as fact>

I do agree with you. But I think he is just a broken person with no hope of ever fitting into society.

I believe for some prison can be rehabilitative. But we as a society need to have prisons as a place to permanently lock people like CA up to protect the rest of society. I know that sounds harsh but this case is a prime example of what happens when we release predators. Yes, I know he did his time but look what happened. That's kind of why I was looking for his prison disciplinary record.
Culture clash. But for some blurry University photos, this case would have been lost from the outset. Why are the cameras there, and how can we get more cameras in more locations with higher resolutions. As I look through the Abston's friends on Facebook, I see counter-culture. What do I mean by that? A world that exists outside my little bubble. Permanently unemployed. Employed by 'self-employed'. Names have photos but they don't seem real names and the phots are like adult cosplay, an avatar, gaming Facebook because it's all a meaningless game until my meaningless game intersects your bubble. I remember Charles Manson's explanation. You wanna know who made me? You made me. Your society made me. It's all very philosophical. What do you do when 'personal responsibility' is just a rule that stupid people use.

I would hope that the city of Memphis would stop all of the dumpsters in the area from being collected until they have been searched. There were probably no collections over the weekend, but it's Monday now and they will be starting again

Today is Labor Day and there is no garbage pickup in the city of Memphis per the referenced link.

Edited to add that I’m not sure why the link references 2021, but it is the only schedule I found. Labor Day is observed as a holiday.

Last edited:
Lol. I actually do have a pre-written one that I try to link to every missing female's case the second "sex trafficking" comes up.

The media has to do a better job making people aware of the realities. Sex trafficking is a major issue, and most people have no idea what it really looks like.
This.
Trafficking requires a compliant victim—easy targets for traffickers to groom are children. undocumented immigrants, folks with drug dependency, runaways, and victims of domestic violence/other abuses.

God, what a sad and messed-up world we live in. :(

This sounds exactly right:

The man accused of 'violently snatching' billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher while she was out jogging in the early hours of September 2 has been described as a 'creep' and 'pervert' by neighbors.

One neighbor told DailyMail.com exclusively that Abston had routinely offered women money for sex and stalked others while hanging around the apartment complex where his brother lived.

April said she'd seen Abston at his brother's apartment nearly every day in recent months.

She described him as a 'pervert,' who once snuck up behind her and propositioned her for sex. He did the same to other women in the complex, and at times would sit in his black SUV gawking at women walking by or sitting on stoops.

'When women were around, he would sit in the truck and stare,' April said.

'He was a weird pervert,' she added. 'He watched me come on the porch, then came up the stairs behind me and said, 'I will give you $100 to ,' she recalled of a creepy encounter she had with the suspect last winter.

'Do you think I'm a h** that needs your money?' she said she replied to him.

'It ain't like that,' she said he responded. 'I just want to have some fun.'

'He approached at least two other girls here with the same line, offering money for sex,' she said.

Abston acknowledged to her that he'd served 20 years in jail.
Uggghhhh. People who do things like the above ARE creeps and perverts. Warn your neighbors and kids and friends. And report their suspicious actions to police, even if you think the behavior might not quite qualify as criminal. Sex criminals are very bad people.
Let the police take that report. Having that report on file may prevent an assault or even save your life or the life of someone else someday.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> he wanted her alive, I think. Whether for robbery, thinking she had her ATM card on her (not likely I know), or for worse reasons. Unless the situation was out of control and he panicked so things went too far, he probably intended to physically subdue at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member