GUILTY TN - Erika 'Megan' Sharpton, 24, raped & murdered, Tullahoma, 2 July 2012

Is there any indication that he WAS actually working in Holly Bobo's area when she went missing?

I can't find anything on this guy. Whoever has information, it would be great if they can link it here or on Holly's thread. TIA

His job (what, where, when)

Criminal Records

Residences

etc

I wish I knew where to find the links, much of his criminal history (21 felony charges, plead to lesser crimes over and over) is in Coffee, Franklin counties....and those are not searchable.
he's had forgeries, kidnapping , at least two escape charges, faking his own death, he has a sexual assault (or few) but he terrorized the victim so much, she dropped charges ( I understand she will probably come forward now) . His momma and the *good ol boy system* around here has allowed him to walk free until now.

I am positive they are looking at him for more than Megan's case right now.

He worked for D&S Builders and I believe he was on the job in that area when Holly went missing.

DJ has gotten every break in the world, until now.

Megan will be his last crime.

there was another young woman's body found hours ago in Franklin County, 22 years old. No name released yet. Found by hunters. Reports are blunt force trauma, likely murdered in another location. I will update as I hear more.

Remember, there are at LEAST 3 others still out that were likely involved in Megan's death.

there was another young woman's body found hours ago in Franklin County, 22 years old. No name released yet. Found by hunters. Reports are blunt force trauma, likely murdered in another location. I will update as I hear more.

Remember, there are at LEAST 3 others still out that were likely involved in Megan's death.

She has been identified as Kayla Qualls

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20187607/body-found-in-rural-franklin-county

I found something very disturbing when I looked for information. Someone was looking for Kayla about a year ago and they posted on Topix. It also says her dad is a cop but I can't confirm that. Still looking.

Wow! n/t~!
That is disturbing!

This whole past year has just been terrible here, someone make it stop.

Wow! n/t~!
That is disturbing!

This whole past year has just been terrible here, someone make it stop.

Yeah, this is crazy and disturbing. I just posted a comment in Kaylas thread. There are too many people getting murdered in that general area.
It definitely has to stop.

I hope Kayla's murder is not connected to this case, but it is possible.

Kaylas thread is in the "up to the minute" thread. Link below:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191696"]TN: Woman's body found in abandoned vehicle on rural road - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Death penalty considered in Franklin County nursing student slaying

The man charged in the July 2 rape and slaying of Tullahoma, Tenn., nursing student Megan Sharpton pleaded not guilty Friday in Franklin County Circuit Court.

A decision will be made over the next couple of weeks whether to file a notice that prosecutors will seek the death penalty or life without parole for 37-year-old Tullahoma resident Donnie Frank Jones Jr., 12th Judicial District Attorney Mike Taylor said Monday.

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2012/nov/20/franklin-death-penalty-considered-in-slaying/

His previous crimes:

In asking that the bond not be lowered for Jones, Roberts stated that he has 21 prior felony convictions.

“He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated.

http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

His wife, Naomi, purchased the weapon.

Might be time offer taking DP off the table if he will confess and lead LE to Holly Bobo.

If he's involved, I think they will offer that plea deal I mentioned up thread. If not Holly, perhaps other missing girls he may have kidnapped and murdered.

We'll see. I don't think Megan was his first. IMO

If he's involved, I think they will offer that plea deal I mentioned up thread. If not Holly, perhaps other missing girls he may have kidnapped and murdered.

We'll see. I don't think Megan was his first. IMO

Agree about Megan not being his 1st, and possible after Holly he became more confident/bold and did not find it necessary to hide Megan they way he did with Holly.

Might be time to offer taking DP off the table if he will confess and lead LE to Holly Bobo.

If he was responsible for Holly's disappearance, that would be one way to maybe find out.

What bothers me in the article is it seems like a no-brainer that the DP could be used. I think "aggravating circumstances" have to be part of a DP case, and this case sure fits that already. Below is part of the article and notice that "aggravating" is already part of the charges. I dont understand why it would take the DA to meet and discuss this very long since it seems like it would easily qualify. If he is guilty of the things alleged here, it seems like it would easily qualify. How much more worse things would have to be done to qualify if not this case.

From article below:
"Jones, of 1912 Bel-Aire Drive, was charged in Sharpton's death with first-degree murder, especially aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape on an indictment issued by the Franklin County grand jury on Nov. 5.

Taylor said he and Assistant District Attorney Steve Blount, the Franklin County prosecutor overseeing the case, will review the elements of the case to see whether they meet requirements for pursuing the death penalty."

If he was responsible for Holly's disappearance, that would be one way to maybe find out.

What bothers me in the article is it seems like a no-brainer that the DP could be used. I think "aggravating circumstances" have to be part of a DP case, and this case sure fits that already. Below is part of the article and notice that "aggravating" is already part of the charges. I dont understand why it would take the DA to meet and discuss this very long since it seems like it would easily qualify. If he is guilty of the things alleged here, it seems like it would easily qualify. How much more worse things would have to be done to qualify if not this case.

From article below:
"Jones, of 1912 Bel-Aire Drive, was charged in Sharpton's death with first-degree murder, especially aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape on an indictment issued by the Franklin County grand jury on Nov. 5.

Taylor said he and Assistant District Attorney Steve Blount, the Franklin County prosecutor overseeing the case, will review the elements of the case to see whether they meet requirements for pursuing the death penalty."

You're right it does appear as a no brainer but my feeling is there may be at least one other person involved and perhaps that is why they need to review all the evidence. Just speculation on my part.

It seemed a no brainer this guy would be arrested when the dna match came back, but that didn't happen. They took their sweet time. Reportedly the DA is a fan of plea bargains too. I don't expect the DP and I don't expect much out of this DA. Sadly.

I wish I knew where to find the links, much of his criminal history (21 felony charges, plead to lesser crimes over and over) is in Coffee, Franklin counties....and those are not searchable.
he's had forgeries, kidnapping , at least two escape charges, faking his own death, he has a sexual assault (or few) but he terrorized the victim so much, she dropped charges ( I understand she will probably come forward now) . His momma and the *good ol boy system* around here has allowed him to walk free until now.

I am positive they are looking at him for more than Megan's case right now.

He worked for D&S Builders and I believe he was on the job in that area when Holly went missing.

DJ has gotten every break in the world, until now.

Megan will be his last crime.

but maybe not his last trial.

I hope this guy's luck has run out, and he should never set foot beyond the prison gates.
He committed a heinous crime, possibly was involved in others. He seems to be a cruel $OB who is adept at intimidating witnesses/victims.
IMHO

I just finished reading this thread. Someone needs to make a list of all the missing/murdered/unsolved girls in that area over the last 5 yrs or so...there are 3 named "Megan" that were nursing students in this thread alone... and if you could put them all on a map with dates that would be even better...I would then expand the area and go from there. janine

I just finished reading this thread. Someone needs to make a list of all the missing/murdered/unsolved girls in that area over the last 5 yrs or so...there are 3 named "Megan" that were nursing students in this thread alone... and if you could put them all on a map with dates that would be even better...I would then expand the area and go from there. janine

I'm sorry but I don't see the 3 Megans you're referring to mentioned in this thread? The only Megan is the victim in this case. Do you have more information on the other 3 missing Megans nursing students?

I'm sorry but I don't see the 3 Megans you're referring to mentioned in this thread? The only Megan is the victim in this case. Do you have more information on the other 3 missing Megans nursing students?

You are right, sorry I was very tired and maybe jumped through too many threads and can't find what I was thinking last night.
However, I will state and I have said this before.... there are just too many college aged girls missing in areas that are not that far apart in miles or time. An example is Holly Bobo (April 13, 2011 Darden, TN), Lauren Spierer (June 3, 2011 Bloomington, IN) and Katelyn Markham (August 13, 2011 Fairfield, OH). All 3 are petite girls. Looking at a map, not too far of a drive between all of them especially if you live in KY.
I wonder if there is a map of the US somewhere that shows location of missing girls by year.
Googling missing petite blondes youcan find this guys blog:
http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ed-by-a-facebook-predator-cops-have-no-clues/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back