Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might not be a viable option for a young man who is active military, who's father passed away when he was young, and whose mother is battling an extremely aggressive form of cancer. He may not have a very solid support system in that respect.

JMO

ITA. Which is why I'm hoping this case involves a black market adoption.

That might not be a viable option for a young man who is active military, who's father passed away when he was young, and whose mother is battling cancer.

JMO

Sorry, no pass from me.

Young, unmarried dads share as much responsibility to care for and protect their children as young, unmarried mothers.

His primary duty at present is to EB.

Not Uncle Sam.

Something tells me Uncle Sam would agree with me in this situation, too.

Sorry, no pass from me.

Young, unmarried dads share as much responsibility to care for and protect their children as young, unmarried mothers.

His primary duty at present is to EB.

Not Uncle Sam.

Something tells me Uncle Sam would agree with me in this situation, too.

Okay...but I'm not going to judge a situation I don't know very much about. That's just me.

I think that is a strange comment. I think a concerned, worried Grandmother of a missing baby would be more likely to say "I want to help find my Grandchild".

I thought the same thing. Does that mean she knows where the baby is?

It sounds like MB had been insinuating that AB had Evelyn. I read it as she wants to get her involvement straightened out with regards to little missing Evelyn. Clear her name in other words.
I'm sitting on my hands with other thoughts on how this whole thing played out.

Okay...but I'm not going to judge a situation I don't know very much about. That's just me.

to be fair, that’s exactly what all of us have been doing this entire case. We know little to nothing about the situation and the people involved, yet we judge away...me included, I’m not innocent of passing judgment here. It is disheartening that the dad didn’t even know she was missing either. Regardless of his personal issues and place of employment, that’s his daughter and I think it’s a fair judgment imo.

Court photos posted from Knoxnews.com. AB looks VERY sober. Her expression in the side profile picture made my heart sink.
Evelyn Boswell's grandmother and her boyfriend extradited to ‘get this situation resolved’
I agree. Both AB and the boyfriend have a look of despair in their faces that the mother should have but doesn't. I feel like they actually do know nothing, which is heartbreaking. I feel more and more like MB is just keeping the story going as long as she can, to delay the consequences of whatever she did to her daughter.

Nobody's "judging."

We don't know what EB's dad is doing or plans to do in the event that she is found alive.

It sounds like he's cooperating with LE and trying to assist their efforts to find his daughter.

In the event that she's located safely, he's undoubtedly going to have some tough decisions to make.

He is in fact her father.

That's not a judgment.

That's a fact.

As a grandmother, if I went two weeks without seeing my grandbabies, either in person, video, pics, something, my sons/ daughters phone would not stop ringing. If I didnt see my grandbaby over Christmas... Yea, would NEVER happen.
So if this grandma hasnt seen her grandbaby in over 2 months.... why does she want to find her now?
The more I hear, the more my heart sinks for this little girl.

FoxNashville on Twitter
NEWEST PHOTOS
1f6a8.png
FLOOD YOUR FEEDS: Baby Evelyn Boswell is still missing. There's a $56,000 reward for information in her case. See her? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND
ERkKAKlXYAE1_eq.jpg

2:40 PM - 24 Feb 2020

I agree. Both AB and the boyfriend have a look of despair in their faces that the mother should have but doesn't. I feel like they actually do know nothing, which is heartbreaking. I feel more and more like MB is just keeping the story going as long as she can, to delay the consequences of whatever she did to her daughter.
Sounds like a lot of the missing child cases of late. :(

to be fair, that’s exactly what all of us have been doing this entire case. We know little to nothing about the situation and the people involved, yet we judge away...me included, I’m not innocent of passing judgment here. It is disheartening that the dad didn’t even know she was missing either. Regardless of his personal issues and place of employment, that’s his daughter and I think it’s a fair judgment imo.

MB has sole legal custody of this child. IF she wanted to withhold Evelyn from Ethan entirely, that would be perfectly legal. And neither you, nor I, nor anyone else on this forum has the first idea what the situation is regarding her father.

Judge away if you want...I simply said that I choose NOT to.

BBM. This case is in Tennessee not California.

Juvenile courts deal not only with delinquency and status offenses, but also with issues concerning dependency and neglect, child abuse, child support, custody issues, establishing parentage, visitation, and the need for medical and/or mental health treatment for children. Tennessee's juvenile courts have jurisdiction within the following areas:
  • Adjudication of children as dependent and neglected, abused, status/unruly, or delinquent
About Juvenile & Family Courts | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts

Juvenile court procedure for minors is typically the same across the states including TN (and/or CA).

The TN "Juvenile and Family Courts" from your TN Admin link is actually split between two courts: 17 courts are designated "Private Act" juvenile courts while the remaining 81 are general sessions courts (i.e., family court).

If you reference the Rules of Juvenile Practice and Procedure (Rule 101) you will see that much of what you stated in your post for family matters is EXCLUDED from "Juvenile Court" (Rule 101, Paragraph (c) Exclusions) and falls to "General Session Court" for family matters.

Same can be found in the link above by o/p.

Last edited:
As a grandmother, if I went two weeks without seeing my grandbabies, either in person, video, pics, something, my sons/ daughters phone would not stop ringing. If I didnt see my grandbaby over Christmas... Yea, would NEVER happen.
So if this grandma hasnt seen her grandbaby in over 2 months.... why does she want to find her now?
The more I hear, the more my heart sinks for this little girl.
I think the most recent photo of EB released by LE over the weekend was taken by Grandma fairly recently. I think she'll be singing like a canary.

JMO

MB has sole legal custody of this child. IF she wanted to withhold Evelyn from Ethan entirely, that would be perfectly legal. And neither you, nor I, nor anyone else on this forum has the first idea what the situation is regarding her father.

Judge away if you want...I simply said that I choose NOT to.

Except you already have judged many many people, without all the info...like all of us have. You’re just choosing not to judge this one. Which is totally ok too. I was just expressing my opinion on why people may be judging him as well

On a different note. Does anyone know what will happen when they are transferred back? I assume they will just hold them on the current changes until a new development? Is there a time limit they can hold them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madamstraight