Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is a little all over the place. The quotes from the LE are from yesterday. Their source for this claim is that the listed number of pregnant inmates in the facility did not go up when MB was booked into the jail at 9:09 pm. They don’t have direct confirmation from a spokesperson saying MB has been tested and is not pregnant.

Is it SOP to test all inmates for pregnancy as part of intake processing? A blood test may take several days to come back.

I’m not saying she’s telling the truth, I’m just saying the source has a margin of error.

Pregnancy is considered a disability under the ADA so pregnant inmates would be entitled to certain accommodations under federal law. I don’t know the exact procedure at this specific jail but I know any LE facility would have procedures in place to ensure they knew right away which inmates required special accommodations so they don’t get sued for failing to provide them later.

Looks like they’ve clarified

On Tuesday, when Megan Boswell was booked into jail at 9:09 p.m., there was still only 4 inmates listed as pregnant.

That number remained the same until 11 p.m. when a fifth pregnant woman was booked in. No other pregnant inmate was released.

Sullivan County jail records reveal Megan Boswell is not pregnant

That article is a little all over the place. The quotes from the LE are from yesterday. Their source for this claim is that the listed number of pregnant inmates in the facility did not go up when MB was booked into the jail at 9:09 pm. They don’t have direct confirmation from a spokesperson saying MB has been tested and is not pregnant.

Is it SOP to test all inmates for pregnancy as part of intake processing? A blood test may take several days to come back.

I’m not saying she’s telling the truth, I’m just saying the source has a margin of error.

I used to work in a medical lab in a very small rural town. Pregnancy Blood test take very little time and most labs have the testing capabilities to test in house without having to send them out. I can’t imagine it would take several days to get back a pregnancy blood test there’s also urine test that can be done on the spot. I do agree it sounds like they haven’t confirmed with LE though.

Last edited:
A child can die within hours from swallowing a small battery. It could have been a complete accident.

And herein lies her problem with the general public (courts of law are NOT what I'm talking here) for the REST of her life. Even if it was accidental, she lies so much no one will believe her. They may devil's advocate on Websleuths, she may be found not guilty in court, but she won't be believed barring real, exonerating evidence.

Maybe I should have said something like at the same level as say: Caylee, Susan Smith's boys, Natalie Holloway, and on and on. I mean maybe Nancy Grace really pushed these cases into the national spotlight. Maybe it is just too early in this one.

I have to wonder if LE welcomes national coverage of this particular case. All the known parties are relatively local. Can you imagine all the places EB will be "sighted" once there is significant national coverage?

yeah they lowered the bond from 500k to 10k to McCloud so he'll bond out no worries tomorrow he only needs a grand in cash to get out

it confirms at least part of what we were talking about last week, it was basically to hold him for as long as they wanted once they figured out he knew nothing they lowered his bond and he'll be out tomorrow morning

On Tuesday, when Megan Boswell was booked into jail at 9:09 p.m., there was still only 4 inmates listed as pregnant.

That number remained the same until 11 p.m. when a fifth pregnant woman was booked in. No other pregnant inmate was released.

I have to give the media some credit here, this is a pretty crafty way to determine whether she's pregnant or not.

Not an expert, but I think the pregnancy tests as part of intake is not standard. There is a cost and a privacy aspect not to mention that it would slow down the intake process in busier locations. I think the standard is to ask the question if the inmate believes they may be or have any reason to believe they are pregnant. Or when the medical staff does their standard intake follow up, they may offer a test.

Besides, I don’t believe there is any agency in the country that would release that information, at least not directly. Again, medical privacy laws still apply. Now - If and when this goes to trial, you can just about guarantee we will hear a lot about this topic since she brought it into the discussion.

Not an expert, but I think the pregnancy tests as part of intake is not standard. There is a cost and a privacy aspect not to mention that it would slow down the intake process in busier locations. I think the standard is to ask the question if the inmate believes they may be or have any reason to believe they are pregnant. Or when the medical staff does their standard intake follow up, they may offer a test.

Besides, I don’t believe there is any agency in the country that would release that information, at least not directly. Again, medical privacy laws still apply. Now - If and when this goes to trial, you can just about guarantee we will hear a lot about this topic since she brought it into the discussion.
This. 100%

she has to be offered medical care when she is in custody so im not entirely sure either how much medical care that is but there is laws governing that

Oh there’s no doubt about that aspect. It’s just that they aren’t in the business of providing any more care than necessary to maintain health and meet the minimum standard of care. These departments budgets are heavily impacted by health care for inmates.

It is interesting though. I’m pretty sure she was asked as part of intake if she had any health issues and whether she may be pregnant. I’m really curious how she answered that. If she said yes, then I wonder if they gave a test right then?

In a busy facility it can take HOURS to get booked in. Not sure how busy Sullivan county is. It was mid week, so maybe not too bad. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74