Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew for sure the claimed babysitter was someone other then MB (oops edit AB instead of MB). It’s hard to believe what is said by any of them involved.

I would be so curious to know if said babysitter had ever seen LCF or HW hanging around as well on Dec 10th or 11th.
I asked this q a while back and was told it was the bio dads mom. Let me look for the link.

Sometime in April:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County). for *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 2/25/20 reference post #1125 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

2/26/20 Update: Arraignment held by video. Media coverage was denied. MB claimed the child was with her father, Ethan Perry, according to an arrest affidavit and she gave multiple false statements that “impeded our investigations”. Boswell will have a preliminary hearing on 3/2 in Bristol. She will have the chance to plead guilty or ask for an attorney in her charge of giving false reports to police surrounding the disappearance of her daughter Evelyn.
3/2/20 Update: Boswell was appointed an attorney in court. Defense asks for reduction of bond to $10K-denied. Bond stays at $25K. Waived preliminary hearing. Prosecutors are moving forward with the criminal case against Boswell hoping for a conviction and a two to 12-year sentence. Next court date is 5/8 @ 9am in criminal court in Blountville. 3/2/20: Sheriff Cassidy said that Evelyn (when found) will be placed in the care of the State of Tennessee & not be returned to the care of her mother.

3/9/20 Update: She had originally been scheduled to appear on May 8. Judge finds Megan is indigent & Brad Sproles was officially appointed as her attorney. State confirms a public indictment has not been issued for the charge yet. A TBI special agent Brian Fraley testified in court, saying several false statements were made by Megan Boswell which cost investigators time during the investigation. Special Agent Fraley testified that MB did make inculpatory statements during interviews. Judge increases bond to $150K. Megan’s case is expected to be bound over to a grand jury in April. District Attorney Barry Staubus said he expects that by that time she will face additional charges.
Associated cases:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) arrested & charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (in Sullivan County on 2/25/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & violation of probation warrant for theft. No plea entered. $5K bond. Must wear ankle bracelet. #82GS4-2020-RR-48549 DOB 7/28/77
2/25/20 Update: Boswell was arraigned in Sullivan County; bond set at $5K & must wear an ankle bracelet. Boswell due in Kingsport General Sessions Court re probation violation on 2/27 & bond was revoked. Boswell due in Sullivan County court re stolen vehicle on 3/24/20. 2/27/20: Kinsgport Court re probation violation on 4/30. A. Boswell, bonded out of jail Friday evening, 2/28/20. Boswell must wear an ankle monitor as condition of her bond, which was set at $1K. 3/24/20: Hearing stolen car on 3/24 rescheduled to 6/9.
*Charged (3/25/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20. Kingsport Court #82GS6-2020-RK-64055
3/19/20 Update: Shoplifting charge for Walmart theft. Hearing on 4/9.
*Arrested & charged (3/26/20) & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money. In jail. Bond set at $50K. Kingsport Court #82GS6-2020-RK-64034
Hearing on 4/9.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) arrested & charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (2/27/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500). No plea entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail. Was extradited to Sullivan County. $10K Bond. #82GS4-2020-RR-48540
2/21/20 Update: McCloud arrested & charged with possession of stolen property. Arraignment hearing on 2/27. Next Preliminary hearing on 3/24. 3/24/20: Hearing for 3/24 rescheduled to 6/9/20.

State of Tennessee vs Larry Chad Fields
82CC1-2020-CR-72898
Larry Chad Fields, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 11 2020 Balance Due: $0.00
Case Judge: William K. Rogers Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 11 2020
Case References: Reference Number: S72898

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Larry Chad Fields Defendant Appearance 04/03/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

McCloud - shopping lifting charge:

William Boyden Bryant McCloud 39-14-103 THEFT (UP TO $1000) 03/19/2020 03/19/2020

State of Tennessee vs William Boyden Bryant McCloud
82GS6-2020-RK-64036
William Boyden Bryant McCloud, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 19 2020 Balance Due: $0.00
Case Judge: Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 19 2020
Case References: None

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
William Boyden Bryant McCloud Defendant Arraignment 06/08/2020 9:00 AM Ray Conkin

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

At this point the fact that AB needed a vehicle to take children to Dr. appts, is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have heard! Obviously not the the only joke of an excuse in this situation, but does sound really dumb at this point! MOO

My sentiment may not be very popular, but I can't help but have great empathy for MB. She has to be accountable for what role she may have had in the death of EB, but the extenuating circumstances are mind boggling imo.

MB didn't ask to be born into such a chaotic family. MB was not offered the assistance she desperately needed as a teen with child. She didn't have the guidance she still needs as a teen whose brain will not be fully developed until age 25.

MB had squat going for her. What does a rational person think is likely to happen under these circumstances?

WS'ers have seen it before, are seeing now and will see all of this again in the future - near and far. It's sad, it's maddening, it's frustrating in that help was not there. If the 'village' wasn't involved or didn't/failed to see a way to help, then imo the 'village' need not condemn the very existence of that person. Hold them accountable yes, but that's about all one can do after the fact.

My guess is, if and when MB speaks about what truly happened, she will wish nothing more that the chance to go back and do things differently/do it right. That's all a teen is capable of in these circumstances. I hope MB takes advantage of all the programs available to her while in prison and come out on top someday - maybe even capable of helping others in the situation she found herself in.

Jmo.

@Woodland. I agree so much with you that there's no more for me to say. But I will.

MB wants to be loved, she's only ever received love from her father. Sometimes in life, it's the love of a mother that can really make a difference, solve your problem. A loving mother teaches her brood the right way in life. A loving mother offers the correct support, and doesn't let you down. Unlike AB.

I highly respect empathy and compassion. I’m not quite ready to extend it to MB, but I will extend a silent round of applause for all teen mothers who lack support systems and still go on to raise happy, healthy children.

Authorities have not publicly named — or ruled out — a suspect in the girl's death. They also have not released any details about the cause or nature of the death since her body was found on family property March 6.

A judge agreed to seal records from an autopsy, and Staubus said Wednesday he had not seen the autopsy report. The prosecutor again declined to release any details about how the child died.

"All of these things eventually will be revealed," he said.

Investigation into Evelyn Boswell's death continues despite coronavirus, prosecutor says

My sentiment may not be very popular, but I can't help but have great empathy for MB. She has to be accountable for what role she may have had in the death of EB, but the extenuating circumstances are mind boggling imo.

MB didn't ask to be born into such a chaotic family. MB was not offered the assistance she desperately needed as a teen with child. She didn't have the guidance she still needs as a teen whose brain will not be fully developed until age 25.

MB had squat going for her. What does a rational person think is likely to happen under these circumstances?

WS'ers have seen it before, are seeing now and will see all of this again in the future - near and far. It's sad, it's maddening, it's frustrating in that help was not there. If the 'village' wasn't involved or didn't/failed to see a way to help, then imo the 'village' need not condemn the very existence of that person. Hold them accountable yes, but that's about all one can do after the fact.

My guess is, if and when MB speaks about what truly happened, she will wish nothing more that the chance to go back and do things differently/do it right. That's all a teen is capable of in these circumstances. I hope MB takes advantage of all the programs available to her while in prison and come out on top someday - maybe even capable of helping others in the situation she found herself in.

Jmo.
I agree with you and applaud your decency. I have said the same, somewhere. I will find it and post it here.
It is not a popular opinion.

@Woodland. I agree so much with you that there's no more for me to say. But I will.

MB wants to be loved, she's only ever received love from her father. Sometimes in life, it's the love of a mother that can really make a difference, solve your problem. A loving mother teaches her brood the right way in life. A loving mother offers the correct support, and doesn't let you down. Unlike AB.

I would love to know more about the dynamics between MB and her father. How did he present his wishes for MB and her future?

Unless there is something in open court about this, it's unlikely I will ever know much about them. Jmo.

I would love to know more about the dynamics between MB and her father. How did he present his wishes for MB and her future?

Unless there is something in open court about this, it's unlikely I will ever know much about them. Jmo.

I only know what I've read on these threads and I've got the impression that MB was living with him and her 2 toddler siblings. He has custody of the 2 youngsters. As far as I know he s a caring man and didn't want her going the same route as AB. As far as I'm aware her father gave her the trailer to live in with EB.

I only know what I've read on these threads and I've got the impression that MB was living with him and her 2 toddler siblings. He has custody of the 2 youngsters. As far as I know he s a caring man and didn't want her going the same route as AB. As far as I'm aware her father gave her the trailer to live in with EB.

Yes those seem to be facts. But did MB's father tell her what was to be or show her the way? Big difference in my life's experience and observation.

MB had a child before she got out of the inevitable rebellious years. The rebellious years are vital to a teen's growth imo - as maddening as they are. It's a necessary phase imo.

I agree with you and applaud your decency. I have said the same, somewhere. I will find it and post it here.
It is not a popular opinion.
I posted this on WJHL news channel 11.

I changed a paragraph concerning her "baby daddy".

D Adams
3 weeks ago

I am not defending Megan in any way.

What she has perpetrated is monstrous.
I'm invoking my freedom of speech at the risk of making everybody mad.
But...
Every time you say Evelyn never stood a chance.
That could also be said about Megan.

Do you think she was raised with character, morals, and integrity?

I don't see that in any of this cast of characters.

Megan is still not out of her teens, she is a child. And behaves more like a child than an adult.

That baby daddy of hers knocked her up(statutory or not) then split.

That current bf also has some tie this, otherwise Megan's mom Angela and her bf wouldn't be driving around NC in his BMW for free.

And now that the rubber meets the road, Megan stands alone.
I hope she finds Jesus.
Through God all things are possible.
And God's bottom line with all of us is love.

The answer is love.

Somehow, someway Megan needs to see love like the love of Jesus.

Please don't bomb me with negative responses, this has been hard enough to admit to myself, then you all.

My heart has been with Evelyn and Evelyn alone during this whole fiasco.

I am thinking now I was wrong.

Jesus would have me be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member