Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Bobbywoo

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ THIS

Let’s try this fresh new thread for respectful and responsible discussion of little Evelyn's case.

Tricia closed the previous thread tonight because it became littered with many off topic, long posts soapboxing about parenting in general or mom shaming, and an absolute host of yuk-yuks that seem to indicate many members have nothing productive to add to the convo at this point.

Seriously folks, if you don't have anything of value to add to discussion of Evelyn’s case, there are many other cases that need help. If you just want a night of hilarity, partying and carrying on, take it behind the scenes or to someone else's house.

Prosecutor won't say if charges are coming in Evelyn Boswell's death after mother is indicted

May 22, 2020

Sullivan County's top prosecutor declined to say whether he will seek additional charges against Megan Boswell a day after a grand jury indicted her on 11 counts of making false reports in connection with the death of her 15-month-old daughter.

"The investigation is still continuing," Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus told Knox News on Thursday.
[.....]
Authorities have not said how Evelyn died. Staubus told Knox News earlier this month prosecutors had not yet received an autopsy report. The case can't be presented to a grand jury without it.

On Thursday, Staubus declined to say whether the autopsy report has been filed.
[.....]
A hearing is set for May 28 to consider defense attorney Brad Sproles' request that Megan Boswell's bond be reduced.

The judge also previously set a June 19 arraignment to hear any charges that might come from the grand jury.

Staubus said Thursday that Boswell's arraignment may be bumped up on the calendar to coincide with her bond hearing.

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL)- Just over a week after Megan Boswell was indicted on charges of false reports, she will appear before a judge to be arraigned by video conference.

Megan Boswell is the mother of Evelyn Boswell, a young child whose remains were discovered on a family member’s property back in March.

Megan Boswell set to be arraigned in court via video Thursday on false report charges

According to a release from the Tennessee Courts, the arraignment is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on Thursday. News Channel 11 will work to carry that video arraignment on WJHL.com/live-video and on our WJHL Facebook page.

Last edited:
The prosecutor is just playing games now. The autopsy report was sealed and filed weeks ago. They presented additional charges to the grand jury and the grand jury didn’t indict her.

IMO there’s NO WAY they just presented additional false reporting charges to the GJ. They already directly charged her with false reporting without a grand jury, they didn’t need a grand jury for additional false reporting charges. The grand jury was for charges related to Evelyn’s death and they didn’t indict her.

I am getting worried that this Casey Anthony style child killing is really exploiting a loophole in meeting the elements of murder in many states.

Thursday, May 28th:
*Bond Review Hearing & Arraignment (via video) (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d 3/11/20). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Indicted (5/18/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Bond stays set at $150K.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 3/2/20 reference post #682 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

3/9/20 Update: She had originally been scheduled to appear on May 8 for arraignment. Judge finds Megan is indigent & Brad Sproles was officially appointed as her attorney. State confirms a public indictment has not been issued for the charge yet. A TBI special agent Brian Fraley testified in court, saying several false statements were made by Megan Boswell which cost investigators time during the investigation. Special Agent Fraley testified that MB did make inculpatory statements during interviews. Judge increases bond to $150K. Megan’s case is expected to be bound over to a grand jury in April. District Attorney Barry Staubus said he expects that by that time she will face additional charges. Preliminary hearing on 5/8/20 instead of arraignment.
4/27/20 Update: As of 4/27/20 investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy & toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal.
5/8/20 Update: Boswell appeared before a judge via video conference Friday morning. Lawyers reviewing the case said they needed more time to review interviews with Megan Bowell before submitting the case to a Grand Jury. State Prosecutor Teresa Nelson said she aims to get an indictment handed down for Boswell by May 20 or when the Grand Jury sits in June. There are more than 25 hours of video interviews of Boswell to review before the case can be submitted. Her attorney asked for an earlier date, giving notice that he intends to seek a reduction in her bond. The court set a separate hearing for that bond reduction request on May 28, and not sooner because the request is still in draft, & the defense lawyer wishes to tweek it a bit. Her arraignment hearing has been reset on June 19. The Sheriff's Office said they have identified multiple persons of interest in the investigation of Evelyn Boswell's death over the past several weeks. Arraignment moved to 5/28/20.
5/20/20 Update: Wednesday afternoon, officials with the Sullivan County District Attorney’s Office confirmed that a grand jury has indicted (5/18/20) Megan Boswell on 11 counts of false report charges. All 11 incidents Megan is charged for happened between February 18 and 23rd. See post #994 for all 11 counts:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Associated cases:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 6/18. Stolen car: hearing on 6/9. Walmart theft: hearing on 5/14. Bound over. Theft: Goes to Grand Jury on 7/17.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) – Child abuse, violation of protective order: hearing on 6/1/20. Shoplifting charge: hearing on 6/8. Possession of stolen vehicle: hearing on 6/9.
*Larry Chad Fields (37) – Aggravated burglary & theft: hearing on 8/13.

The prosecutor is just playing games now. The autopsy report was sealed and filed weeks ago. They presented additional charges to the grand jury and the grand jury didn’t indict her.

IMO there’s NO WAY they just presented additional false reporting charges to the GJ. They already directly charged her with false reporting without a grand jury, they didn’t need a grand jury for additional false reporting charges. The grand jury was for charges related to Evelyn’s death and they didn’t indict her.

I am getting worried that this Casey Anthony style child killing is really exploiting a loophole in meeting the elements of murder in many states.

I don’t know how this works exactly. If they were seeking a murder indictment and didn’t get it, would it be reported as such? Does anyone know?

Personally I don't think the DA presented any murder case to the Grand Jury as they are still waiting for the autopsy report.... just sayin'

edited to add - court starts there in an hour - correct? Anyone going to watch & report tweets or whatever? I hope so! :)

Personally I don't think the DA presented any murder case to the Grand Jury as they are still waiting for the autopsy report.... just sayin'

edited to add - court starts there in an hour - correct? Anyone going to watch & report tweets or whatever? I hope so! :)

Why would they go to the grand jury at all then? It is a big use of resources and witness time to go through a grand jury proceeding. They could have gotten these false reporting indictments from the testimony of the LE officers she lied to like they did the first time.

I don’t know how this works exactly. If they were seeking a murder indictment and didn’t get it, would it be reported as such? Does anyone know?

No, grand jury proceedings are secret. We don’t know what was presented and only ever know if there’s an indictment or if something leaks.

I am questioning it because I don’t know why they’d call a grand jury if they were only looking to indict her on charges they didn’t need a grand jury for. Seems like a big waste of time and money and/or a deliberate stalling tactic while they try to make another case.

That's great they didn't reduce her bond but what about....

#JusticeForEvelyn

A tiny baby girl was missing for months, and left dead in a shack on MB's family property. Something killed her and someone(s) discarded her there, they need to be prosecuted!

SMDH :mad:
I mean, this is not ideal or fair but at least someone was charged with something. In baby Amiah's case nobody was charged and everyone is still living their merry lives like a little baby didn't "go missing".

I mean, this is not ideal or fair but at least someone was charged with something. In baby Amiah's case nobody was charged and everyone is still living their merry lives like a little baby didn't "go missing".
Amiah's case still bothers me to this day, it's like she never even existed. :(

Yes, it better MB is sitting in jail on false statement charges, but after all this time and investigation they should be able to determine what happened here.

It worries me the longer this goes on.

IMO, it's possible that the autopsy report is still being processed or hasn't officially been un-sealed yet, but the DA tried to bring charges against MB related to Evelyn's death anyways. It's would've been unusual, but it's still a possibility.

Now, if the autopsy reports were shown, and the grand jury still didn't move to indict... that's a whole new can of worms. Either Evelyn died due to some sort of medical condition that MB couldn't have known about or prevented- which is a long shot, but certainly could be possible- or additional evidence which has been kept secret so far (possibly related to the POI who was mentioned earlier) was brought up that suggested someone else had killed Evelyn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back