TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know he has indeed given informal statements, because LE has directly told us that, in the police report and on the HCSO website.

Police report - LEO says Matt called and talked to LE.

HCSO website - LE states Matt filed the missing person report. You can't file a missing person report without talking to LE.

I'd like to know if LE ever asked Matt or the kids for a formal statement, formal statement usually meaning in writing, which you review for accuracy, and sign, and which can be used later as evidence at trial if you are a victim, witness, or someone charged with a crime.

Personally, I doubt LE asked Matt or the kids for a formal statement, because they've said not only is there no evidence of foul play, they've said there is nothing to indicate that anything nefarious has happened.

I tried to email the reporter, Beth Berger, to ask her if LE had stated that Matt and the kids have never talked to them at all, and if LE had stated that they'd asked for a formal statement from Matt or the kids and been refused, but the email - the address for which I got from the Times Free Press website - bounced back as undeliverable.

WHAT???? say it isn't so, BeanE!

(yeah- how do you like that one? Btw- got the same.)

It says video evidence versus video tape. If the deleted video was retrieved, it's on the DVR. But it couldn't be retrieved by Best Buy to put on the DVR. Rather, Arlene claims that her son and Gail's son, watched the video prior to it being deleted. She doesn't say whether or not they saw a threat.

This is what I get from the Jammer interview, transcript here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1I9EShqx08jSRHdlHg0oVNL7UdQTdCyWGGc0iYCef8jk&pli=1

So far as what the video is supposed to have been on, or is on, I don't think there was ever a tape, but rather a hard drive and a DVR.

Again, this is what I get from the Jammer interview and the articles/interviews in which Arlene has talked about the video/video tape/hard drive/DVR/arguments/bad treatment of Gail and the kids/threat/whatever.

BBM:
Jumping off of your post here, BeanE- I can't tell you how much of a hard time I am having with this entire situation!

For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to post a wiki link. Ya'll- please entertain all possibilities of a 'DVR."
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder"]Digital video recorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

IMHO LE giving Gail numbers to a safe house and her requesting LE to meet with her at the residence on Ridgerock should have been reason enough to take this case to the next level especially when they discovered she had been missing for over 48 hours before he ever even bothered to report her missing...IMHO.. He wouldn't have called LE then IF it weren't for Gail's sister and AD voicing their concerns.....JMHO..

This is pretty logical! She obviously was afraid of MP. Now, she is missing. Hmmmmmm

Could she have taken off, or had an accident, because of her emotional state? Yes, it is possible. However, since the couple was fighting and she contacted LE a few times before her disappearance, it seems like a logical progression towards a foul play scenario. We see scenarios like this every other day in the news. It is hard to see that this case is any different.

JMO

IMHO LE giving Gail numbers to a safe house and her requesting LE to meet with her at the residence on Ridgerock should have been reason enough to take this case to the next level especially when they discovered she had been missing for over 48 hours before he ever even bothered to report her missing...IMHO.. He wouldn't have called LE then IF it weren't for Gail's sister and AD voicing their concerns.....JMHO..

Perhaps they assumed she was at a shelter....we also do not know the nature of the confrontation that caused the police to arrive on that day.

It says video evidence versus video tape. If the deleted video was retrieved, it's on the DVR. But it couldn't be retrieved by Best Buy to put on the DVR. Rather, Arlene claims that her son and Gail's son, watched the video prior to it being deleted. She doesn't say whether or not they saw a threat.

This is what I get from the Jammer interview, transcript here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1I9EShqx08jSRHdlHg0oVNL7UdQTdCyWGGc0iYCef8jk&pli=1

So far as what the video is supposed to have been on, or is on, I don't think
there was ever a tape, but rather a hard drive and a DVR.

Again, this is what I get from the Jammer interview and the articles/interviews in which Arlene has talked about the video/video tape/hard drive/DVR/arguments/bad treatment of Gail and the kids/threat/whatever.

A lot of video is now just files on a camera's harddrive, then it is uploaded to a computer and later may be made into a DVD. I think the confusion is that the file is still called a "video." so, I'm guessing that the word can be misconstrued as "video tape." Also, the technology is fairly new to the consumer market, but the label and jargon hasn't changed from the tape days. For example: Someone may say,"I plan on taping the backyard picnic this weekend," even when they are using a camera with a harddrive, which needs no tape.

I don't know what kind of camera the Palmgrens owned (tape or harddrive), but I thought I'd share my thoughts. I still use "tape" on occasion, even though I've had internal HD cameras for a few years.

A lot of video is now just files on a camera's harddrive, then it is uploaded to a computer and later may be made into a DVD. I think the confusion is that the file is still called a "video." so, I'm guessing that the word can be misconstrued as "video tape." Also, the technology is fairly new to the consumer market, but the label and jargon hasn't changed from the tape days. For example: Someone may say,"I plan on taping the backyard picnic this weekend," even when they are using a camera with a harddrive, which needs no tape.

I don't know what kind of camera the Palmgrens owned (tape or harddrive), but I thought I'd share my thoughts. I still use "tape" on occasion, even though I've had internal HD cameras for a few years.

And to add to that- DVR's are very common in surveillance equipment of many sorts.
Food for thought. ;)

BBM:
Jumping off of your post here, BeanE- I can't tell you how much of a hard time I am having with this entire situation!

For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to post a wiki link. Ya'll- please entertain all possibilities of a 'DVR."
Digital video recorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read that excellent interview of Arlene and it looks like the DVR is the hard drive for the security camera. There was no tape. The interviewer kept on saying "tape," which has confused things. Gail was trying to get a copy of the video file from the DVR. My guess is that she was hoping that Best Buy would copy the file onto a DVD, so that she would have her own copy as evidence. The DVR could be erased by MP, by accident, etc. It seems Gail wanted an extra copy. A DVR is just a big hard drive.

I read that excellent interview of Arlene and it looks like the DVR is the hard drive for the security camera. There was no tape. The interviewer kept on saying "tape," which has confused things. Gail was trying to get a copy of the video file from the DVR. My guess is that she was hoping that Best Buy would copy the file onto a DVD, so that she would have her own copy as evidence. The DVR could be erased by MP, by accident, etc. It seems Gail wanted an extra copy. A DVR is just a big hard drive.

*sigh*

All DVR 'drives' are relatively large, just by nature of the component. The file(s) that can be pulled from any digital component are nearly endless.

Does anyone know where Gail planned to go after she dropped off her kids? Was she planning to back to the lake house?

If this DVR is a security camera- where did it come from, who had it installed and when, and can we verify this is some way?
McSpy, I am not trying to argue at all- but I am trying to figure out how this may have worked.

Best Buy (or whoever) would certainly have been able to duplicate a video/film/photos/etc. But there would be an ID requested. So what do we have here??

If this DVR is a security camera- where did it come from, who had it installed and when, and can we verify this is some way?
McSpy, I am not trying to argue at all- but I am trying to figure out how this may have worked.

Best Buy (or whoever) would certainly have been able to duplicate a video/film/photos/etc. But there would be an ID requested. So what do we have here??

J: *Let me ask you about the surveillance tape, this is information just surfacing this week that there was a surveillance tape that showed that there was some arguing [skip] Signal Mountain?
A: *No this was [skip]
J: *Lake on Easy Street, okay. *Surveillance system was put in by who?
A: *Me.
J: *Why?
A: *Their maid's son got his mom's key and took a bunch of stuff out of the house, and so, in order to be able to protect the house a little better, the surveillance system went up and locks got changed.
J: *Did you do this at their request, Gail's request?
A: *Gail called me and said, "Matt's coming down, can you go over there and help him put it up?" and I said it was not a problem, so me and my son went over there, and my son, I think he was raking the leaves outside while I was putting up the system.
J: *Okay. *So there is this video tape made, that reports are surfacing saying here that it shows Gail and Matt in some argument type scenario. *Do you have that tape?
A: *I have the hard drive.
J: *Let me ask you, where did it go to be produced, this tape?
A: *Gail took it to Best Buy because Matt snuck down here in March and erased a lot of it off there, but what Matt don't realize is my son and [redacted] watched a lot of that video, because my son was upset for the fact the way Matt was talking to Gail and the kids that day. *I said, "[redacted], just ignore it because he was drunk, and you can't pay attention to someone who was drinking because they really don't know what they are doing sometimes."
J: *When was this?
A: *In March.
J: *So this was before the disappearance?
A: *Before the disappearance.
J: *When did you obtain the tape yourself?
A: *In April.
J: *Before or after Gail was gone?
A: *Before. *Well, really, after because I didn't know she was gone until afterward.
J: *Can you pinpoint the day that you went to Best Buy?

A: *I was in Best Buy on the 29th. *She called me on the 26th and said, "Arlene, I don’t know if Matt's gonna be down there before I do, but I don't want him to go to Best Buy and pick up the DVR, I don't want it in his possession." *I said okay. *She said, "I will email you the invoice number, and I will let Best Buy know that only you can pick it up." *I said okay. *So me and my son drove over there Friday morning, er Friday afternoon, and went to go pick it up, and they said it was still in the Montgomery hub at UPS. *I said "Okay, when can we get it?" *She said Monday, and I said "Alright, I'll come back Monday morning." *But when I saw Gail Friday night, I told Gail, "I can't get it." *She said, "What's the matter?" and I said, "It's in the UPS hub, and I can't get it, it's still in the truck."

The DVR info is in this interview with Arlene.

The day before she disappeared.

Thanks..I didn't know IF you were referring to Friday. the day she left, or Saturday, the day she returned...

I was under the impression LE did not go out to their residence on Friday, the 29th.....Am I wrong?
I thought Gail went to SMPD headquarters when he arrived home earlier than expected and MP and another person showed up there too..JMHO

Thanks..I didn't know IF you were referring to Friday. the day she left, or Saturday, the day she returned...

I was under the impression LE did not go out to their residence on Friday, the 29th.....Am I wrong?
I thought Gail went to SMPD headquarters when he arrived home earlier than expected and MP and another person showed up there too..JMHO

I thought Matt and the other person went from the Palmgren residence to the SMPD HQ when he got home and found that Gail had locked him out, and then Gail went afterward.

J: *Let me ask you about the surveillance tape, this is information just surfacing this week that there was a surveillance tape that showed that there was some arguing [skip] Signal Mountain?
A: *No this was [skip]
J: *Lake on Easy Street, okay. *Surveillance system was put in by who?
A: *Me.
J: *Why?
A: *Their maid's son got his mom's key and took a bunch of stuff out of the house, and so, in order to be able to protect the house a little better, the surveillance system went up and locks got changed.
J: *Did you do this at their request, Gail's request?
A: *Gail called me and said, "Matt's coming down, can you go over there and help him put it up?" and I said it was not a problem, so me and my son went over there, and my son, I think he was raking the leaves outside while I was putting up the system.
J: *Okay. *So there is this video tape made, that reports are surfacing saying here that it shows Gail and Matt in some argument type scenario. *Do you have that tape?
A: *I have the hard drive.

*shortened by me*

Thank you so much for posting that, McSpy! I was getting confused last night and that really answered many of my questions! :)

Oriah goes off to smash head against a wall.
Which is actually a dirt road right now.

New emoticon, admin?

I thought Matt and the other person went from the Palmgren residence to the SMPD HQ when he got home and found that Gail had locked him out, and then Gail went afterward.

Having your girlfriend drop you off at home sure is a bold move. I haven't heard these details, do you have a link? TIA

Having your girlfriend drop you off at home sure is a bold move. I haven't heard these details, do you have a link? TIA

It's been discussed in Gail's threads several times. I'll look for it.

Do you have a link for Matt's girlfriend dropping him off at home? I think that was a rumor somebody posted on FB wasn't it?

It's been discussed in Gail's threads several times. I'll look for it.

Do you have a link for Matt's girlfriend dropping him off at home? I think that was a rumor somebody posted on FB wasn't it?

Speaking of rumor, I sure would be interested in those links to alleged discussions of Gail locking MP out of the house, causing him to go to the police station first, because I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I don't remember hearing it at all.

To my knowledge, the only person who ever said MP went to the police station first was Confused, and of course that was hearsay.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6594870&postcount=394"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member