TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. It's so odd to me that Diane - the one who talked to Gail and talked to LE that day - has never said that Gail asked for LE to meet her at the house.

Only Arlene - who did not talk to Gail or LE that day - has claimed that.

That's not true. DN apparently did say so, but said information was removed from the website that posted it, a professional website and not something that can be immediately dismissed as just rumor or personal opinion.

The computers, the computers....that confuses me as well fwiw. AD had Gail's, Gail had hers, Matt had key counters on Gail's....there must be evidence of that when AD turned over Gail's computer.

As far as we know, AD didn't have Gail's. There isn't anything in news or interviews saying they exchanged computers, only that AD says she lent Gail hers. Nobody knows where Gail's is. If AD has it, she hasn't said so.

Speaking of rumor, I sure would be interested in those links to alleged discussions of Gail locking MP out of the house, causing him to go to the police station first, because I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I don't remember hearing it at all.

To my knowledge, the only person who ever said MP went to the police station first was Confused, and of course that was hearsay.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Well, I guess it's up to the mods to decide which rumor and hearsay they'll allow and disallow.

Well, I guess it's up to the mods to decide which rumor and hearsay they'll allow and disallow.

Interesting indeed, certainly makes a few things make sense. Thank you for clearing up a few questions I what is allowed and disallowed.

I thought Matt and the other person went from the Palmgren residence to the SMPD HQ when he got home and found that Gail had locked him out, and then Gail went afterward.

I haven't heard this before. It was always that Gail had the kids at the police station and then Matt had to go meet them there. And how the heck do you lock out a spouse? They both have keys to the same house and garage door openers...etc.

I certainly wish LE would comment on the computers. At this point all we have heard is that MP's attorneys have possession of them, unless AD's is still with Gail and her Jeep. Regarding MP and the children being interviewed by LE, wouldn't it make sense for them to make statements to the investigators in order to possibly help determine what happened to Gail? I wouldn't think that making statements to LE automatically means one is a suspect. I think it would be the right thing to do to assist in an ongoing missing person investigation, especially if the missing person is your wife and the mother of your children. It has never made sense to me. JMO

Gail called her sister at 6:30 am on April 30, 2011. She said she is leaving the lake house and wanted her sister to call the Signal Mountain Police for her. She didn’t say why, but all she said was to trust her. Her sister called Signal mountain police and told them that Gail wanted them to know that she was leaving the Lake house and that she would be in Chattanooga, TN at approx. noon time. Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her.

I can't think of any reason why you'd call your sister -- the one who got what sounds like ultimatums on her voice mail from the husband while Gail was gone -- early in the morning sounding scared and asking "Please tell the cops I'll be home at noon, trust me" unless you wanted the police there.

That's true. But I'm really interested to know where you heard that MP had to go to the police because Gail locked him out of his own home, because that is completely new to me. You said we discussed on WS, do you have links? I can't believe I missed it!

I haven't heard this before. It was always that Gail had the kids at the police station and then Matt had to go meet them there. And how the heck do you lock out a spouse? They both have keys to the same house and garage door openers...etc.

No, it definitely wasn't always that Gail had the kids at the PD and then Matt had to go meet them there.

First it was Gail and Matt were at the house and Gail called 911 and LE came to the house.

Then it was Gail went to the PD and Matt followed.

Then it was Matt went to the PD and Gail followed.

Then it was Matt and Tammy went to the house and scared Gail and she went to the PD.

Then it was Matt and Tammy went to the house and she called the PD.

Then the police report came out that has them all at the PD with the third party's name blanked out so we don't know who it was, or who got to the PD first, or why anyone went to the PD.

Then it was this.

Then it was that.

Tomorrow it will be something else.

I think Gail locked Matt out of the house and he went to the PD and Gail went afterward.

Everyone else can think whatever they like.

We all seem to have deemed what everyone else is saying as rumor and hearsay.

So I just want to know which of that rumor and hearsay I'm allowed and not allowed to post.

That's true. But I'm really interested to know where you heard that MP had to go to the police because Gail locked him out of his own home, because that is completely new to me. You said we discussed on WS, do you have links? I can't believe I missed it!

If I recall correctly, you participated in at least one of those discussions.

As I said, I'll try to find some of the posts.

I could very well be completely wrong in what I'm remembering, but that is what I remember discussing, and that is what stuck in my head - that Matt got home, he was locked out, and he went to the PD, nobody knew why he hadn't just called the PD, and then after he got there, Gail went afterward.

I don't remember any article or document stating that. I just remember it as something we discussed on here, and it stuck in my head.

I remember when the police report came out I was disappointed that there was no further detail of what had led up to everyone being at the PD when the LEO who wrote the report encountered them. They were all already there at that point, but he didn't say why.

Interesting indeed, certainly makes a few things make sense. Thank you for clearing up a few questions I what is allowed and disallowed.

Don't look to me to clear up anything - I'm ever confused about it all myself, and I certainly don't have the authority or knowledge to be able to help anyone else.

In other words, don't follow me - I don't have a clue where I'm going. :)

I can't think of any reason why you'd call your sister -- the one who got what sounds like ultimatums on her voice mail from the husband while Gail was gone -- early in the morning sounding scared and asking "Please tell the cops I'll be home at noon, trust me" unless you wanted the police there.

Your inability to think of any other reason doesn't equate to this:

That's not true. DN apparently did say so, but said information was removed from the website that posted it, a professional website and not something that can be immediately dismissed as just rumor or personal opinion.

No, that's not true lol. I saved a copy of it before it was deleted. It said Gail didn't say why.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gail Palmgren was last seen on Signal Mountain, Tennessee in the afternoon on April 30, 2011 and she has ties to Alabama. She was driving a dark Red and Black 4 door 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a black soft top and personalized Alabama License plate number EAZYST. Vehicle also has a Jeep Life is Good (with a daisy)rear wheel cover, with a “goofy” trailer hitch cover.
Gail was last seen leaving her house at 40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN by her neighbor on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at approximately 12:00 pm.

Gail’s and her husband, were having marital problems for a while. Gail suspected an affair and received proof that this most certainly was the case.
The day before she went missing, April 29, 2011, Gail and her husband had some kind of disturbance and a police file was reported giving Gail phone numbers to Safe Houses. Gail was told by the police that the two of them should separate. Gail took the kids with her to their Lake House in Wetumpka, Alabama while while her husband was to stay at their residence on Signal Mountain, Tennessee.

On April 29, 2011, Gail’s husband called Gail’s sister, leaving a threatening message on her answering machine stating that “GAIL HAS 12 HOURS, 12 HOURS”….. He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time.

Gail called her sister at midnight on April 29,2011 stating that she and the kids were at the lake house and were safe. She wanted to know if she can call her sister the next morning. Gail called her sister at 6:30 am on April 30, 2011. She said she is leaving the lake house and wanted her sister to call the Signal Mountain Police for her. She didn’t say why, but all she said was to trust her. Her sister called Signal mountain police and told them that Gail wanted them to know that she was leaving the Lake house and that she would be in Chattanooga, TN at approx. noon time. Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her. Gail’s sister tried calling Gail back, but Gail did not answer. Her sister then proceeded to call the Signal Mountain Police to check to see if they got hold of Gail. The police said they did talk, but would not give any information as to what they talked about.

At 9:15am Gail called sister, to let them know where she is at and how long before she would be home. (Unusual behavior for Gail, because she makes this trip all the time and she never calls us along the way to give us her destination points.)

At approx. 12:15pm on April 30, 2011, Gail called sister to let her know that she went to the house in Tennessee and that Matt was not there like he was supposed to be to get the kids. Gail said that she called the police to inform them that Matt was not there and that the kids were home alone. Her sister told her to come up to Buffalo, NY and stay with her, but Gail was not sure what she was going to do. Gail’s sister told her to call her as soon as she figured out what she was doing and to let her know that she was safe.
Her sister or no one else has never heard from Gail again.

Trailer Hitch Cover

Investigative Agency
Hamilton Co Sheriff (Tennessee)
(423) 209-8945

If you have any information on this case please contact CUE Center For Missing Persons using the contact form below or contact Cue Center at (910) 343-1131 24 hour tip line (910) 232-1687.

BBM- These threats are very troubling. I remember posters here debating whether this was about returning the children. Didn't Gail spend the whole Easter weekend in Alabama? I thought that was when she was with the friends in Birmingham. If MP called and left that message on the Friday before Easter, maybe it was not referring to returning the children. Definitely explains why she was so scared. JMO

BBM- These threats are very troubling. I remember posters here debating whether this was about returning the children. Didn't Gail spend the whole Easter weekend in Alabama? I thought that was when she was with the friends in Birmingham. If MP called and left that message on the Friday before Easter, maybe it was not referring to returning the children. Definitely explains why she was so scared. JMO

IIRC.. And IF both calls/ultimatums occurred on a Friday, one week apart, wonder IF that tidbit of information is in any way significant? I'm thinking it could very well be...JMHO

If I recall correctly, you participated in at least one of those discussions.

Doubtful. I've been searching Google for the phrase "locked out" and variations on Gail's threads and found almost nothing... except where you wondered if Gail locked him out:

Yep, I'd heard Matt went to the PD first, and then Gail followed. That's an unusual for a guy to go to a PD, so I'd been trying to figure out why he'd do that. I'm wondering if Gail locked him out of the house.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6901095&postcount=529"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7[/ame]

I've read the next few pages of that thread and no discussion about your theory was forthcoming.

As for Gail asking LE to meet her there, what I'm ultimately trying to say is that DN's info plus AD's info makes a coherent story in my opinion. DN does not explicitly state Gail said "have LE meet me." Even if everything AD said is completely dismissed, there's still the question of why Gail wanted LE to know where she would be at what time. As I said, my opinion is that there isn't any reason for Gail to ask DN to tell LE where she would be unless she wanted them there.

The only other plausible reason anyone put forth thus far, IMHO, was that she was telling LE about returning home because she had agreed to a certain time frame when the police incident occurred. The release of the police reports showed us that wasn't the case, though.

IIRC.. And IF both calls/ultimatums occurred on a Friday, one week apart, wonder IF that tidbit of information is in any way significant? I'm thinking it could very well be...JMHO

Well, in my experience, one of the biggest things couples argue about when separating or divorcing is money. JMO

Doubtful. I've been searching Google for the phrase "locked out" and variations on Gail's threads and found almost nothing... except where you wondered if Gail locked him out:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

I've read the next few pages of that thread and no discussion about your theory was forthcoming.

Thanks for finding that, but that's not what I had in mind, I don't think. It seems that it was a discussion, several posts. I'll keep looking.

Meanwhile, do we have anything except that post on Facebook - I think it was by Clive, who of course has no firsthand knowledge - that Gail went to the PD first, or that Matt and Tammy went to the house and Gail went to the PD?

Not asking you personally, glorias, but if you know where either of those originated, it would be great.

I'm talking about what's posted in these posts:

I thought Gail went to SMPD headquarters when he arrived home earlier than expected and MP and another person showed up there too..JMHO

It was always that Gail had the kids at the police station and then Matt had to go meet them there.

Having your girlfriend drop you off at home sure is a bold move.

Emeralgem, I realize you're stating it that as your opinion (you say 'I thought', just as I did in my post), rather than as statements of fact like the other two posts - I just wondered if you recalled where that thought originated.

I just want to make sure you know I'm not bugging you for links, as I do recognize that you were just stating your opinion, for which we don't have to provide links.

I thought Matt and the other person went from the Palmgren residence to the SMPD HQ when he got home and found that Gail had locked him out, and then Gail went afterward.

Thanks, all! Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated!

Well, in my experience, one of the biggest things couples argue about when separating or divorcing is money. JMO

Sadly, I'm thinking of something more nefarious..Could there have been an issue in reference to time and place when a person/s were only available for hire on weekends? JMHO

Just to clarify, I did not mean to imply that Matt was dropped off by his girlfriend, I was going off your post Bean, which is why I asked for links.

Sorry if this is confusing this further, just didn't want my post to be taken as "information" . I have no idea what happened the day before Gail disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member