TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I've been searching back through the pages, looking for that picture.
It is posted not too far after the news broke-like maybe the next page.

Oh, I know. But to just think of her flying off into thin air - it's devastating. Did I mention I don't like heights anyway?

I'm not particularly fond of heights either. I recall my husband wanting me to walk out on Sunset Rock years ago, and I told him..No thank you.
In regards to Gail flying off into thin air, I'm thinking IF that had been the case the jeep would have never landed on the ledge...JMHO

And how am I messing up the snipped quotes?
you are snipping off a portion of the close quote tag.
it should look like this:

{quote} text text{/quote}
yours looked something like this
{quote} text text /quote}

except I used { } instead of [ ]

I don't think this is the site, but again I could be wrong..I believe you posted the correct site yesterday or the day before when you posted the address of the house directly across the street..

Only four I've posted so far.

browrd.jpgbrowroad2.jpgbrowroad3.jpgbrowroad4.jpg

for our files, this says damage to front end and nothing about the rear impact that was quoted in another article and some info on the boulder.:

As it veered toward the edge of the mountain, the Jeep struck a small boulder about the size of a tire. The boulder, weighing a couple of hundred pounds, also was found near the crash site.
“It would have taken a crew to move it,” Hammond said. “We have every reason to believe the Jeep hit it and carried it over.”
The Jeep went over a couple of rock bluffs and rolled, damaging the roof and front end, officials said. It came to rest about 150 feet from the W Road.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/03/remains-hold-clues-gail-palmgren/

the description matches most closely with the 3rd one with the rocks in front. imo.
But the problem is what do they look like now.

I'm thinking pics one and four look like the same place. And yes, pic 1 was the one I had been looking for. I just didn't go far enough back. It was here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7400545&postcount=505"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12[/ame]

On the boulder size issue, it's interesting how the weight was described so differently at different times. I know I heard a reporter minimize it.

the description matches most closely with the 3rd one with the rocks in front. imo.
But the problem is what do they look like now.

Yes the description matches #3 closely. I'm not sure which one is the bear or in which picture, it maybe confusing me.

I'm thinking #1 or#4 or are they both the same... It's late and my eyes don't seem to be focusing very well..

Yes, #1 and #4 are the same. Really curious which boulder is missing.

Yes the description matches #3 closely. I'm not sure which one is the bear or in which picture, it maybe confusing me.

Peliman, #3 is not the one they are showing in the video at the link Carole just posted.

Yes, #1 and #4 are the same. Really curious which boulder is missing.

I'm going to assume a boulder that was located toward the back... I just find it hard to believe she lost control of the jeep and just went through that opening but neither of the walls were touched by the jeep..JMHO

I'm going to assume a boulder that was located toward the back... I just find it hard to believe she lost control of the jeep and just went through that opening but neither of the walls were touched by the jeep..JMHO

If you look at the fourth picture, it looks like a boulder could be missing from the left side. I agree with you, a pretty precise accident and the jeep wouldn't have just swerved and gone off the side easily.

If you look at the fourth picture, it looks like a boulder could be missing from the left side. I agree with you, a pretty precise accident and the jeep wouldn't have just swerved and gone off the side easily.

That placement would make sense, because I remember reading she was headed toward the W Road intersection. It would have been unlikely to turn sharply enough to take out a boulder toward the right.

I found the report that shows where the Jeep went off the road. It's the picture with the railroad tie and the rocks farther from the road. The report shows it first around 3:45 and then a couple more times.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16165994/discovery-made-on-signal-mountain

Not certain yet, I think the photographer was being held at the check point and was photographing the first look out. Just not positive yet but it could be.

A post from ThoughtFox

Here are the quotes about rock, and it sounds to me as if she was speeding when she hit the rock, but I admit I am really confused about this:

Sheriff Hammond said the Jeep, when it went over, took with it a bear-shaped rock about the size of a car tire. He said a resident across East Brow Road had placed a series of large rocks by the road to deter drivers from going onto the property. Beyond the rocks was a grassy strip. There were hedges beyond that.

The sheriff said the Jeep hit the bear-shaped rock, went across the grassy strip and then through the hedges before tumbling over the steep bluff. The bear-shaped rock was found near the Jeep.

He said the Jeep landed far below on a first bluff, then fell to a second narrow bluff. He said were it not for some trees at that location that the Jeep would likely have rolled on down to the W Road.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_214723.asp

You know what I would like to see? [Hint to glorias....] I think a transcription of the sheriff's statements only--compiled with reporter editorials deleted--would be an interesting read. The way we've gotten just a snip here and a snip there is so disjointed. I really am thinking he's given us a good bit of information, but it's scattered.

You know what I would like to see? [Hint to glorias....] I think a transcription of the sheriff's statements only--compiled with reporter editorials deleted--would be an interesting read. The way we've gotten just a snip here and a snip there is so disjointed. I really am thinking he's given us a good bit of information, but it's scattered.

I think we may be seeing what the sheriff is seeing, and the reason they are referring to it as a crime scene instead of the accident scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa