TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same way. If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler!
However, some parents don't always see things that way. Also, MP may have talked her into it. Maybe he's paying for the lawyer too. I don't see why she really needs one though. This is what makes me wonder . . . . .

Just some thoughts.

Reading and posting here at WS has been an eye opening experience for me..IMHO..Too too many parents both mothers and fathers are lying for and enabling their children and this isn't just in little things.. We're talking about parents covering for their children when in all probabilty they know for certain their children are responsible for the demise of an innocent human being......JMHO

Good point! She had been calling the police on and off for a few days before her disappearance, because they were fighting and she felt it was getting out of control. Hmmmm

On another note, I wonder if child custody was part of their arguments.

I was never present and on the scene during any of their arguments but I would suspect child custody was discussed..
IMHO..Matt P's EGO wouldn't want to pay any child support to an ex wife or split the wealth.. I'm thinking he may be of the mindset...... What mine is mine and whats hers is mine too...IMHO.. Thats an EGO run amok..However an EGO run amok will be his downfall...JMHO

Do we know IF John C was even present when the search took place at her residence?

No idea about the attorney, but the PI was there because his big red Jeep Rubicon was seen on the newscast parked outside her residence. Maybe the PI was the only person required to be there per the agreement.

I have to tell you that I saw a red Jeep parked in a big parking lot late at night on Saturday night. I immediately thought of Gail. It was not the Rubicon version, so I know it wasn't her Jeep; but I thought of Gail. I also doubt that she would be here in Utah, but I still watch out for her. I wish that LE would have taken her case seriously from the beginning. I would feel much better if I knew that they had checked everything out thoroughly in the beginning; but now I am just left wondering if they were influenced by MP to believe Gail ran away without a thorough investigation. JMHO Where are you Gail?

Good point! She had been calling the police on and off for a few days before her disappearance, because they were fighting and she felt it was getting out of control. Hmmmm

On another note, I wonder if child custody was part of their arguments.

BBM- Well, of course, this is just my opinion, but I would say yes. When a married couple is in the process of divorcing, two things are often at the center of the battles: Money and the children.

From my own experience, when I was a child, my parents fought constantly. There was plenty of loud arguing and cursing at each other all the time. There was not physical abuse, but lots of angry verbal emotional battling going on. Many of their fights would lead to the inevitable "divorce talk". I remember many angry statements such as, "Well, I'll just take the kids and leave. You'll never see them again!" Always followed by, "You'll never take my kids away from me". Money and other marital assets would always be worked in there, too. Sometimes threats of exposing each others' "flaws" to friends, family, coworkers, etc.

I recall someone suggesting that the reason Gail may have called the police on the day of the incident with the car and what vehicle would be driven by whom to the lake house was because the children were terrified when it resulted in MP exiting the vehicle and walking away. This caused a sort of flashback for me when my brother and I were about 6-7 yrs old and on a day trip with my parents in the car out in the middle of nowhere and they had one of their infamous arguments escalating to the divorce talk and my mother demanded my Dad stop the car on the side of the road and get out. I remember my little brother and I were hysterical. We were out on a country road in the middle of nowhere and in my mind at the time, if my father got out of the car, I would never see him again. I was too young to understand he would have been okay. Of course, my mother pulled away and then turned around and picked him up.

I can completely relate to kids who have to grow up witnessing this kind of behavior and the fear, sadness and guilt it instills. Sometimes you feel like it's your fault when you're a kid. I always tell people, don't do that in front of your kids. You have no idea what it does to them and how long it stays with them. Many of the arguments my parents had are still with me to this day. My parents never did divorce, although they came close many times. I eventually learned it didn't have anything to do with me, it was just their problems. I broke the cycle, too. I never allowed my child to be exposed to any of that.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but in my experience, I think it is highly likely that the custody issue was part of the arguments. JMHO

I was never present and on the scene during any of their arguments but I would suspect child custody was discussed..
IMHO..Matt P's EGO wouldn't want to pay any child support to an ex wife or split the wealth.. I'm thinking he may be of the mindset...... What mine is mine and whats hers is mine too...IMHO.. Thats an EGO run amok..However an EGO run amok will be his downfall...JMHO
Seems the downfall has already started. No job, shortage of money, having to hire a DEFENSE attorney and trying to sell and rent property. JMO

I keep thinking and wondering about the children and how they are doing and if they are still seeing a counselor?

Seems the downfall has already started. No job, shortage of money, having to hire a DEFENSE attorney and trying to sell and rent property. JMO

I keep thinking and wondering about the children and how they are doing and if they are still seeing a counselor?

Speaking of selling property, isn't Gail's name on the deed? How is he going to manage to pull that off?
My thoughts and prayers are with the children also.. This has to be a nightmare for them..JMHO

IMHO..They are the true victims here other than Gail..JMHO

Speaking of selling property, isn't Gail's name on the deed? How is he going to manage to pull that off?
My thoughts and prayers are with the children also.. This has to be a nightmare for them..JMHO

Speaking of the deed, when I lived in TN and was going through my divorce, I couldn't begin to sell my house until he signed the deed over to me, so I don't see how he's going to be able to sell the property if her name is on the deed.

No idea about the attorney, but the PI was there because his big red Jeep Rubicon was seen on the newscast parked outside her residence. Maybe the PI was the only person required to be there per the agreement.

He has a big red Jeep Rubicon too?

Was he Gail's PI?

Could they put half of the sale in an account for her?

I think he may end up foreclosing, because of that issue. Unless, he gets a job soon.

BBM- Well, of course, this is just my opinion, but I would say yes. When a married couple is in the process of divorcing, two things are often at the center of the battles: Money and the children.

From my own experience, when I was a child, my parents fought constantly. There was plenty of loud arguing and cursing at each other all the time. There was not physical abuse, but lots of angry verbal emotional battling going on. Many of their fights would lead to the inevitable "divorce talk". I remember many angry statements such as, "Well, I'll just take the kids and leave. You'll never see them again!" Always followed by, "You'll never take my kids away from me". Money and other marital assets would always be worked in there, too. Sometimes threats of exposing each others' "flaws" to friends, family, coworkers, etc.

I recall someone suggesting that the reason Gail may have called the police
on the day of the incident with the car and what vehicle would be driven by whom to the lake house was because the children were terrified when it resulted in MP exiting the vehicle and walking away. This caused a sort of flashback for me when my brother and I were about 6-7 yrs old and on a day trip with my parents in the car out in the middle of nowhere and they had one of their infamous arguments escalating to the divorce talk and my mother demanded my Dad stop the car on the side of the road and get out. I remember my little brother and I were hysterical. We were out on a country road in the middle of nowhere and in my mind at the time, if my father got out of the car, I would never see him again. I was too young to understand he would have been okay. Of course, my mother pulled away and then turned around and picked him up.

I can completely relate to kids who have to grow up witnessing this kind of behavior and the fear, sadness and guilt it instills. Sometimes you feel like it's your fault when you're a kid. I always tell people, don't do that in front of your kids. You have no idea what it does to them and how long it stays with them. Many of the arguments my parents had are still with me to this day.
My parents never did divorce, although they came close many times. I eventually learned it didn't have anything to do with me, it was just their problems. I broke the cycle, too. I never allowed my child to be exposed to any of that.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but in my experience, I think it is highly likely that the custody issue was part of the arguments. JMHO

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a similar situation when I was a kid, but my father wasn't interested in custody at all, so the subject never came up. The arguments occurred often and there was a separation, but they never went through with the divorce as well.

Since MP filed for custody right after Gail disappeared, IMO, there were arguments over custody. It seems to fit.

JMO

Was he Gail's PI?

It was apparently Mike M., MP's investigator. Here's a screen shot of the video:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6865031&postcount=34"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7[/ame]

Here's someone who says it was reported elsewhere as belonging to MP's private investigator:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6869090&postcount=90"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7[/ame]

Earlier I was trying to find out where we got the info that MP was out running errands, well when looking for the stuff on that Jeep I found it. fbx heard the info from someone else:

I didn't ask how the person knew this, but it's likely that she would: Gail's husband was running an errand with his mother when she came home and she apparently called to let him know the kids were home, and she was going out and leaving them.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6484060&postcount=416"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1[/ame]

Earlier I was trying to find out where we got the info that MP was out running errands, well when looking for the stuff on that Jeep I found it. fbx heard the info from someone else:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

So did Gail talk to MP and tell him the children were at the residence or did she call SMPD to tell them?

Also, wonder IF LE actually followed up on the claims Gail made before she disappeared..IF not, WHY not... JMHO

fbx, do you know?

Was he Gail's PI?

Not that I am aware of... To my knowledge Gail's PI's name has never been released...We don't even know IF LE has ever spoken with the PI.. I would hope they have though...JMHO

ETA His jeep is not the same color red as Gail's jeep

So did Gail talk to MP and tell him the children were at the residence or did she call SMPD to tell them?

Also, wonder IF LE actually followed up on the claims Gail made before she disappeared..IF not, WHY not... JMHO

fbx, do you know?

What claims did Gail make? I don't recall her making claims to LE.

MY #135 was in regards to wanting to know IF LE actually followed up on the claims Gail made before she disappeared.. This information was posted by fbx.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6484060&postcount=416"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1[/ame]

Thanks for the link. I thought you meant claims she made directly to LE, but this is referring to general things she had said to friends/neighbors, etc.

I don't think it matters if Gail said something to a friend, family member, or LE -- if she was scared and thought something was going to happen to her, wouldn't LE want to know everything out there so they could make a decision about investigating or not?

Knowing how long it took before searching the residences tells us that they don't believe there was foul play...LE keeps saying there are no signs of foul play. How do they know that if they haven't fully investigated? Common sense would suggest they would have to investigate to know whether or not to place manpower and money on the case. What did the interviews with her husband, children, neighbors, husband's mistress, siblings, former co-workers -- what did they tell LE that they believe Gail just left home? Must have been very convincing. I'd be interested to read what they said.

Who made the initial decision that there was no foul play? Which agency, which detective? Does anyone know?

I'd like to see evidence that Gail DID leave. Show me that and I'll stop thinking that she didn't choose to leave.

Has anyone asked Senator Corker or Senator Alexander if they're aware of this case? Or does Governor Haslam know the details of this case? Or Congressman Fleischer? What does it take to get an answer as to why anyone thinks she just left? The Sheriff said sometimes people leave for years and then just come home -- really? How many and who are they? And if LE believes that to be true, why did they say they'd take another look when the foliage is off the trees. What do they expect to find.

People seldom just fall off the face of the earth. Where is she? Maybe no one knows where she is. Maybe her husband or family has no idea where she is.

Isn't that all the more reason to look for her?

Praying for Gail and hoping to find her safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24