TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a very good point that it is hard to leave a profession. Perhaps she did find full time motherhood as rewarding. I certainly hope so.

Now, take what I said about being alone in the proper context. She was losing a husband, to what she believed was to another woman, and she had noone, in a romantic relationship, to go to. That is a tough emational position to be in.

Add that situation to losing your job and it is even harder. This is especially true for someone who was having some emotional troubles.

Where are the psych docs on the "emotional troubles"?

I was looking through some of the media links and found this in an article about the volunteer search:

Palmgren was reported missing April 30 and was last seen by a neighbor in the St. Ives subdivision on Ridgerock Drive. The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

Those street names are more detail than we've gotten before, I believe.
I live on Mountain Creek Rd. *gulp* I'm kind of creeped out. Gail where are you?

Dad, we don't know if someone was in the vehicle with her and forcing her to leave. I could see her leaving the children knowing her spouse was on his way to the residence versus being forced into a confrontation with her husband in front of her children. In the state of TN the 12 year old was old enough to stay at home alone and for that matter babysit the young child for a short period of time. Something had this poor lady rattled but that doesn't mean that she has mental issues. Sounds to me like her whole world was crashing around her and she didn't know which way to turn. As I've stated many times, I was lucky I had my family and close friends pulling me through what I went through and I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy. Not all people are as fortunate as I was.

Let's consider that someone was in the car with her and the kids.

Why would that person allow her to drop the kids off? She went inside and left personal items. Where was this other person then?

The children would have known this. That is a huge item of information that I see no reason would not have been released.

Good idea but this is why I don't think it was the case.

Let's consider that someone was in the car with her and the kids.

Why would that person allow her to drop the kids off? She went inside and left personal items. Where was this other person then?

The children would have known this. That is a huge item of information that I see no reason would not have been released.

Good idea but this is why I don't think it was the case.

BBM-I dont recall her going inside and leaving personal items? Can anyone refresh me with a link please...my brain is starting to hurt.

Two questions for your thoughts and objectivity:

Why has Matt not offered a reward for his wife's return.? Alive or otherwise. Wouldn't he want to get on with the divorce/settlement and get back to work?

There are rumors (which I believe are pretty well confirmed) that Matt was having an affair. If true, why wouldn't he just move out? He would be with the person he wanted to be and cause less chaos with his wife and kids?

Good questions.

He must think she is not a victim of foul play.

The fact that he did not move out could be an indication that he was not having an affair.

Do we know that MP is living at the house? I thought the home was empty for a period of time after someone called Gail in as missing.

Here is something else to think about. Women can be more vicious than men when it comes to matters of the heart. We know the gf's name but we don't know anything about her. I dealt with two gf at the same time which made it double trouble for me but the two didn't know anything about each other, but I did. For all we know this gf could be the one who has been reeking all the havic on Gail, like having friends follow her and call her. We don't know what this girl is capable of doing.

We don't even know if she is a gf.

This post is placed randomly.
This thread is getting to personal to one another and instructions directing others how to post have been removed.

There are different scenarios possible, but this thread is deteriorating and moving away from constructive conversation.

Let's move out of debate mode and move back into the insightful discussion we have had since May 6.

Wrist injury happened during a golf outting with his brother Keith in early April.

Thanks...that's similar to one of the stories I heard...wonder if he keeps aggravating it. Bandage still on May 9th.

Can we list some behavior/activities that have raised questions?

I will start the list with four things.

1) Matt went to a hotel and paid cash and kept the receipts
2) Gail asked friends to keep passports and cash
3) Gail left home without personal identification
4) The jeep can not be found

I would appreciate others adding to the list.

Huh? You lost me fbx. :) Have I missed some posts? I'm not doubting you at all, but is this info you gleaned from an article or people you have had contact with? Regarding the PI coming to the search and Matt's bandaged arm? Maybe I'm confused because of the late hour? Can I assume this was conversation at the vigil or search this weekend? TIA

PI = conversation at vigil

Arm=observation

General Question Anyone have any thoughts on why/if Sprint deletes unopened phone messages. I have Verizon and they delete only previously read/opened messages.

Gail is missing with no contact with close friends,family or children. very unusual behavior according to everyone that knows Gail.
Matt filed for separation,TRO,custody and exclusive use of the home within days of Gail going missing.
Gail expressed to friends that she was being followed and was scared,nervous, and it was apparent she was bothered and upset.
Gail gave friends items to hold in case something happened to her.(according to the dispatch screen)
Gail failed to meet Arlene on 4-30 as arranged prior.
Gail failed to meet Matt on 4-30 as arranged prior.
Gail brought the kids back to the SM house sometime around noon on 4-30
The last person to talk to Gail was her sister Diane sometime around noon on 4-30.
SB was the last person to see Gail on 4-30 - Gail was distracted when she saw her last.
Divorce/separation was on the table prior to disappearance evidenced by Arlene's divorce documentation of Gail's and Matt's immediate filing.

Gail contacted LE on at least 3 occasions for domestic issues, from November to April, one of which resulted in information being provided to her to contact a safe house.
Gail left with the children and went to AL after the last 911 call on 4-29.

What are some of the possibilities for where the Jeep might be?

1) Unseen in a wooded area
2) Unseen under water
3) Hidden

:truce:

Respectfully, we dont know what other things they were running down at the time that might have directed them away from Signal Mountain, and even TN. Beyond that, we dont know what unpublicized searches were done for her on the trails etc. If anyone knows differently and can link to a source indicating that LE was not looking for her, please correct me.

I think that SMPD rallied to participate in a civilian search that, if I recall correctly, they were not formally invited to join? At that time, the week before, they had physically searched the lakehouse property and were making plans to search the waterways with sonar equipment. It does take planning to do it all safely and effectively....

I absolutely understand the perception here that things arent moving fast enough-but I have seen enough to know that they are doing a solid job and this is an active investigation. IMVHO.

They were deffinately invited to the search. They were also invited to offer any advice upon how to conduct it and how to do it safely. They deffinately chose to keep this search unofficial, but did lend support by having detectives on hand.

This not looking feeling, being referenced in the last few posts is about the first 48 hours (JMO)....do we know if he hired the PI right away? The feeling is that because her husband seemed to show little concern, then police weren't really out looking at that point. The thought of finding her somewhere come Fall, a victim of a car accident, where she could have survived if help had been brought promptly, is just hanging over us like a black cloud.
Since SM police patrol every street 2X day it's very likely they were keeping an eye out for her...it's the seeming lack of urgency that is bothersome

The parking garage for BCBS is toward the bottom of the complex, it's up on a hill, so driving would be the logical option.

If this is proprosed evidence of an affair, why would MP pay cash and then leave them around for GP or someone else to find?

Sloppy or on purpose?

Neither. I think maybe he kept them because maybe he keeps all his receipts out of habit. (My husband does that, and sometimes so do I.)

I think she searched for those receipts and found them in his pockets, his desk, or his car. He didn't expect her to look for them. JMOO

I'm not the person who was arguing she dropped the kids off because of a person following her.

and I agree. It seems very unlikely she dropped the kids off BECAUSE someone was following her. I couldn't imagine a mother leaving a 9 and 12 year old alone in the house and HOPE the bad guy comes for her instead.

2 plausible scenarios - 1. She was meeting someone, and she did not want the children to be present. 2. She was running a quick errand and felt it would be easier to do it w/o the children.

Either way, my guess is that she expected to be back in very short order.

Maybe she felt she couldn't trust the police? Or call 911 and tell them someone is following you?

You make a good point tho...she called 911 for everything else, why not call them for this?

Maybe she tried to call 911 that day but the call didn't go through.

We don't know where she went, but I can tell you that several cell towers were damaged in the Chattanooga area and emergency crews were also tying up the networks. As I've said before, my neighbors were having lots of problems with service, and it was a widespread problem.

I'd be interested to know if she took her car charger with her, or if it was left behind with her driver's license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves