TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to stress to everyone out there that even the slightest thing remembered about GP is important. A friend told me, that her friend told her, she saw Gail going down the road and was crying hysterically, and she mentioned it because she said 'she had been there' but this was in reference to her children. Even so, I encouraged my friend, to have her friend, let LE know ASAP. Every little thing could help, even the direction she was going in, what if that was Saturday? Hopefully she did.

With that said, the childrens' school is very family and volunteer oriented. I can't imagine GP being any different in that respect, they have numerous programs and functions to attend. I hope many people have come forward to assist in even the smallest bit of information to be pieced together.

Maybe this is why it is so quiet? :dunno:

I hope the friend will tell LE about it. IF it was Apr. 30, Sat., maybe that's why she didn't acknowledge SB's waving at her. I can see how their relationship problems could make her cry hysterically--especially if MP was "doing a number" on her mind, which I think he might have been. I'm just piecing that together based on his demeanor, the seemingly cruel, cold way he's handled everything since she disappeared, and what appears to be lack of caring for his children's mother.

I think if the COA confirmation actually came in the mail, it is safe to assume she changed it online. My understanding is if you do it in person they do not send a notice. if you do it online they charge you $1.00 for authentication and send a notice in the mail to the old address.

I would love to know the date of the COA change, because if it was after the 30th, it wasn't her -- she she didn't have her credit cards with her once she left at about 12:15 that day.

Its been almost a month. I think if she disappeared on her own she'd have made a peep by now. ;_;

I saw a "life is good" tire cover the other day (Without the flower) made me a very sad mouse.

I saw one today too, on a small Jeep, and it was very sobering. It's been so long without a sign of her at all and with so little news. It's unbelievable that someone can disappear without a trace, and I can't even begin to imagine how her friends and family must feel.

I think it's important to stress to everyone out there that even the slightest thing remembered about GP is important. A friend told me, that her friend told her, she saw Gail going down the road and was crying hysterically, and she mentioned it because she said 'she had been there' but this was in reference to her children. Even so, I encouraged my friend, to have her friend, let LE know ASAP. Every little thing could help, even the direction she was going in, what if that was Saturday? Hopefully she did.

With that said, the childrens' school is very family and volunteer oriented. I can't imagine GP being any different in that respect, they have numerous programs and functions to attend. I hope many people have come forward to assist in even the smallest bit of information to be pieced together.

Maybe this is why it is so quiet? :dunno:

We still haven't heard if Arlene arrived on SM....????

I wish we knew if LE has looked for Gail anywhere off the mountain other than the Lakehouse.

Going back to the hidden key/boat towing 911 call-we do not know the disposition of either adult and whether one of them was incapable of driving vehicles due to any emotional or physical impairment....maybe MP was sleepy. For example.

BBM - That was the call from the 22nd. I don't think we even know the disposition whether they went to the lakehouse as a family, separate vehicles, or at all, do we?

If AD says the boat is still in AL, and the intention was to bring it back (as far as MP's intentions), it appears that may have never happened. Then the storms hit the following week on Wednesday the 27th, then what happened on the 29th and 30th and then nothing from Gail.

At this point in time and all the attention over the disappearance, I hope she feels like she can still come forward and tell the real story to straighten all of this out, regardless of what it does to MP.

But as long as she was safe, we could certainly give them their privacy. **Wishful thinking**

I would love to know the date of the COA change, because if it was after the 30th, it wasn't her -- she she didn't have her credit cards with her once she left at about 12:15 that day.

I thought it was -dated- the 30th and received later? Specifically on the 2nd. I'll try and find it and post it. I have to go to work soon so it may be a while.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

"He said last Wednesday he received a notice from the Post Office indicating she had entered a change of address form dated April 30."

So, it sounds like he received it on May 4th, as the article was written May 10th, and the 4th was the Wednesday before.

Also, I don't know if this is against the rules, but can any friends share a story about Gail? I'm sure we'd all like to know more about her personality. It may help us understand her actions.

Also, I don't know if this is against the rules, but can any friends share a story about Gail? I'm sure we'd all like to know more about her personality. It may help us understand her actions.
It is totally fine. However if anyone wants to post as a friend with this type of information they must be verified. Verification is completely voluntary so no one has to reveal their true identity to admin unless they choose to. Even if people choose to be verified their true identity is never revealed by us on the board.

We verify people so that those that just pretend they are a friend to create problems or to just play games cannot do so.

To date we have only verified a couple people and that is because they specifically wanted to post "inside" information. I know there are other friends of Gail here in the forum, but they have not been posting with any specific knowledge.

If anyone wants to post as an expert,a professional in a certain area or as a friend to Gail ,please send an email to:
wsverify@xmission.com

Be sure to include:
The case
Their Websleuths name
Their phone number and a good time to call
Their real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.

I thought it was -dated- the 30th and received later? Specifically on the 2nd. I'll try and find it and post it. I have to go to work soon so it may be a while.

"He said last Wednesday he received a notice from the Post Office indicating she had entered a change of address form dated April 30."

So, it sounds like he received it on May 4th, as the article was written May 10th, and the 4th was the Wednesday before.

BMM - I wonder if they 'time date' those on the Internet. If it was done from midnight the 30th until 8AM EST it could possibly be GP (hardly think you would do that driving). OR what URL it could be tracked to, in AL or TN? GP couldn't have had the time in TN on the 30th if she left the house immediately after dropping off the children (12:00-12:15).

Also, SB said GP left at 12:15 PM on the 30th. Did it mention that SB witnessed her coming and going immediately within 15 min?

MP is the one that said GP was to meet at NOON. But I think he knows when GP left from him stating he spoke to her re: proposed meeting. If GP spoke to her sister at around 6:30 AM EST, could GP have left AL then and be on the mountain by 10:30AM? Did GP get a scary phone call from MP and ran out to leave before he got there, leaving everything but her phone behind? OR was MP already in the house and she ran.

I think so much time had passed that when they speak to the kids their time recollection of events may not be accurate or been rehearsed. Maybe why MP waited as long as he could, and then probably longer until HCSO got involved in the case on the 18th. JMHO

Re: the argument over MP wanting to take the boat to the lakehouse therefor ride separately from Gail and kids, by pulling the boat with the jeep..

I just wanted to clarify that this incident and 911 call WAS NOT ON APRIL 29 when Gail received safe house numbers from officers and her and two kids stayed the night at the lakehouse in Alabama..

Those are two separate incidents, dates, 911 calls.. The one that stemmed from MP's deciding he wanted to pull bout to lakehouse therefor drive sans Gail and kids.. This incident occurred the week prior to Gail going missing(April 22) but both had common, similar result with Gail and kids going to stay the night at the lakehouse..

But as for the incident that resulted in another 911 call on April 29th we don't have the foggiest idea of what set those events in motion that led to another 911 call this time with the officers giving Gail phone numbers to safe houses..

I just wanted to make sure we kept it clear that there were two incidents resulting in @11 calls both April 22 and again April 29 with Gaik having disappeared the very next day of April 30th.. FWIW :)

Re: hollyblue's post inquiring if Arlene had ever made it to Signal Mtn as was said she woukd to help search..

At the following link you'll find that yes, Arlene has been In Signal Mtn doing all she in her power can do to find Gail.. And it also includes a picture of Arlene in Signal as she is handing out flyers.. I believe it wS said they'd already handed out 10,000 Gail Missing flyers..

Here's the link..
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?print

Hope that Helps!! :)

Re: the argument over MP wanting to take the boat to the lakehouse therefor ride separately from Gail and kids, by pulling the boat with the jeep..

I just wanted to clarify that this incident and 911 call WAS NOT ON APRIL 29 when Gail received safe house numbers from officers and her and two kids stayed the night at the lakehouse in Alabama..

Those are two separate incidents, dates, 911 calls.. The one that stemmed from MP's deciding he wanted to pull bout to lakehouse therefor drive sans Gail and kids.. This incident occurred the week prior to Gail going missing(April 22) but both had common, similar result with Gail and kids going to stay the night at the lakehouse..
But as for the incident that resulted in another 911 call on April 29th we don't have the foggiest idea of what set those events in motion that led to another 911 call this time with the officers giving Gail phone numbers to safe houses..

bolded by me

I just wanted to make sure we kept it clear that there were two incidents resulting in @11 calls both April 22 and again April 29 with Gaik having disappeared the very next day of April 30th.. FWIW :)

Yes, the call referencing the boat tow/Jeep was the 22nd. But, I don't recall anyone confirming they actually ended up at the lake house.

Re: hollyblue's post inquiring if Arlene had ever made it to Signal Mtn as was said she woukd to help search..

At the following link you'll find that yes, Arlene has been In Signal Mtn doing all she in her power can do to find Gail.. And it also includes a picture of Arlene in Signal as she is handing out flyers.. I believe it wS said they'd already handed out 10,000 Gail Missing flyers..

Here's the link..
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?print

I think she may have been here that day, but went back home since we know she received the letter in AL from MP's PI and on the news in AL. I assumed the new announcement was her recent intent to return to stay 3 weeks, but nothing confirmed she is now back in town.

Here's the link..

Thanks Smooth, but that article is dated 5/7. I thought it was stated Arlene was coming up again after the PI had been to her house...which would have been sometime last week. ??

BBM: I don't think we know for certain that GP and kids had continued on to the lake house the w/e of 4/22? If so, please correct me.......it's LATE. ;):crazy:

BMM - I wonder if they 'time date' those on the Internet. If it was done from midnight the 30th until 8AM EST it could possibly be GP (hardly think you would do that driving). OR what URL it could be tracked to, in AL or TN? GP couldn't have had the time in TN on the 30th if she left the house immediately after dropping off the children (12:00-12:15).

Also, SB said GP left at 12:15 PM on the 30th. Did it mention that SB witnessed her coming and going immediately within 15 min?

I can't find anything about SB seeing GP arrive, not specifically, but there was this at this link:

Neighbors say Palmgren, and her two kids, returned from the family's lake house in Alabama. She dropped the kids off at home, and drove away.

"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi...

It is interesting wording. Are neighbors just saying she arrived, or did they SEE her arrive? SB seems to have just seen Gail leave, not arrive, though.

MP is the one that said GP was to meet at NOON. But I think he knows when GP left from him stating he spoke to her re: proposed meeting. If GP spoke to her sister at around 6:30 AM EST, could GP have left AL then and be on the mountain by 10:30AM? Did GP get a scary phone call from MP and ran out to leave before he got there, leaving everything but her phone behind? OR was MP already in the house and she ran.

I think so much time had passed that when they speak to the kids their time recollection of events may not be accurate or been rehearsed. Maybe why MP waited as long as he could, and then probably longer until HCSO got involved in the case on the 18th. JMHO

Remember the time difference....

I can't get over thinking there was someone in wait for her when she got home. :banghead: If not in the garage or woods, maybe inside somewhere, since the house is so large. I wonder if they have a basement?

Maybe Gail's siblings and friends are busy gathering info for court on Friday? Is that possible?

Big thanks!

I personally don't think Gail filled out that COA form, not if it was filled out on the 30th.

I don't think Gail could have made a COA without her credit/debit cards. I use USPS a lot for home pickup for packages and postage. While the USPS website will save a credit card number for future purchases, you always have to type in the security code from the back of the card each time. Only if she already had a saved CC number on the site and had her security code memorized could she have filled out the COA form without her cards with her.

Also, a date of the 30th would mean Gail was up after midnight to fill out the form, which is pretty late for her to be up with such an early call the next morning at 6:30 to her sister.

As far as doing it after she left at 12:15 on the 30th, it's unlikely. Only if she still had a credit card with her that we don't know about and went someplace with public internet access could she have done it then.

Let's say Gail set up another DL and other credit cards in an effort to leave this life and start anew, then she could have done an address change at any time on the 30th... but why would she go to all the trouble to disappear without a trace, only to have a COA form sent to her old address?

happy409's theory that she might have done it before leaving the lake house is the best theory if we are to assume Gail is the one who filled the form out. Unfortunately, I don't think Gail did. I think someone else did.

I can't find anything about SB seeing GP arrive, not specifically, but there was this at this link:
Neighbors say Palmgren, and her two kids, returned from the family's lake house in Alabama. She dropped the kids off at home, and drove away.

"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi...
It is interesting wording. Are neighbors just saying she arrived, or did they SEE her arrive? SB seems to have just seen Gail leave, not arrive, though.

IDK, I think we need more info, but feeling not too sure we'll get it. Matt said she got home at noon......SB said she left at 12:15.....

I take what MP says with huge box of salt!! FWIW

Big thanks!

I personally don't think Gail filled out that COA form, not if it was filled out on the 30th.

I don't think Gail could have made a COA without her credit/debit cards. I use USPS a lot for home pickup for packages and postage. While the USPS website will save a credit card number for future purchases, you always have to type in the security code from the back of the card each time. Only if she already had a saved CC number on the site and had her security code memorized could she have filled out the COA form without her cards with her.

Also, a date of the 30th would mean Gail was up after midnight to fill out the form, which is pretty late for her to be up with such an early call the next morning at 6:30 to her sister.

As far as doing it after she left at 12:15 on the 30th, it's unlikely. Only if she still had a credit card with her that we don't know about and went someplace with public internet access could she have done it then.

Let's say Gail set up another DL and other credit cards in an effort to leave this life and start anew, then she could have done an address change at any time on the 30th... but why would she go to all the trouble to disappear without a trace, only to have a COA form sent to her old address?

happy409's theory that she might have done it before leaving the lake house is the best theory if we are to assume Gail is the one who filled the form out. Unfortunately, I don't think Gail did. I think someone else did.

Want to make it more brain rattling....she could have filled out a change of addy from anywhere, I believe,......BUT..MP said he rec'd the notification on Wed. If she did fill it out on Sat. in SG...I think he would have rec'd it sooner..imo, unless it was put in their PO box....and he didn't go until Wed. IF they had one.

Just some thoughts on the change of address: It is reported it was dated the 30th, so many are assuming it was filled out the 30th and thus a difficult time line. She could have filled out the form online in AL before she left that morning - just takes a sec...could have done it from her home online when she dropped the children off...

Not sure, but maybe the "effective" date of the change was the 30th, not the actual date the form was filled out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike