TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Discussion in 'Gail Nowacki Palmgren' started by JBean, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melodie

Melodie R.N.

I am curious to find if anyone here knows the statistics on the following scenarios:

1. How often a woman commits suicide where her body and vehicle are not found.
    2. How often a person is involved in a terrible accident at the same exact time that they are planning a messy divorce and their spouse is found cheating on them and they are fearful where neither they nor there vehicle are found.
    3. How often a woman is abducted by a stranger at the exact same time she is going through a messy divorce and her spouse is found cheating on her and she is fearful where neither she nor her vehicle are found.
    4. How often an upper class, educated woman, mentally stable or otherwise, disappears without a trace for 2 months or more, leaving 2 young children behind and worried friends and family with no word to any of them.
    5. How often does a controlling husband, or someone acting on his behalf, murder his wife after he is caught cheating on her and about to go through a messy divorce, where because of his infidelity and his wife's unemployment for a year (at his request) stands to lose just about everything, including a lot of time with his children?
    Just curious if anyone knows, statistically speaking, what the odds are regarding the above scenarios.

2. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

JBean, I'm interested in hearing your perspective today regarding the interview. Wondering if you're seeing it differently after sleeping on it. I'm not. I would like to hear if you have found an optimistic spin on it.

3. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

This really isn't that complicated.

Yes, Gail seems to be listed as Endangered by the state of Alabama. Tennessee just isn't using that same language, but that's up to them.

SMPD were the only ones on the case until sometime around the 16th-17th of May when they had a news conference announcing the two departments are working together.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367&updated

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) – The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office is assisting in the search for a missing Signal Mountain mother.

At a news conference this afternoon, a representative of the Sheriff's Office said two detectives are aiding the Signal Mountain Police in the search for Gail Palmgren.

At the end of the article it says:

...call the Signal Mountain Police Department at 423-886-2123 or your local law enforcement agency.

Also, it's the Criminal Investigation Division of HCSO that did the search on the Palmgren House.
    http://wdef.com/news/hamilton_co_investigators_search_gail_palmgrens_house/06/2011

4. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

I'm going to say #1 and 2 have never happened, because I don't see how, without a body OR the vehicle, they'd know they'd committed suicide, or died in a terrible accident.

5. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

I listened to the interview again today and heard Arlene say it. I haven't seen it otherwise.

I know that it is VERY common for attorneys in TN to be licensed in GA as well. I don't know about other states however. At the very least, I would think it more complicated for a Tennessee plaintiff to have an Alabama attorney. Possible more challenging for the attorney, who would probably have limited experience in Tennessee. I saw in an earlier post a reference to Mr. G. Do we have a name?

6. Melodie

Melodie R.N.

Sorry, let me clarify that. Let's say, not found relatively quickly, like within a month or two. I would think that the numbers would drop with each week that passes.

7. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

These are interesting questions, and I don't have statistics to offer you. The odds would seem very low in each instance, however.

I did at one time read research that indicated perpetrators of "low-level" domestic violence--meaning typically no physical injuries that would require medical care--are statistically more likely to be lethel than those whose tactics are more stereotypical of the phrase "domestic violence." Is anybody aware of that research? I've not been able to find it but haven't done an extensive search. I'd say not worth a time-consuming search. Someone here may have it handy though. Unless it was a flawed study.

8. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

Well, hopefully they are all working together as one big, happy family, so that maybe it's not such an important detail.

9. MacGyver

MacGyver New Member

I spoke with DN the other day. They are taking the slow, methodical behind-the-scenes approach that Gail was. Just because you haven't heard from them doesn't mean they aren't working on finding her everyday.

10. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

Thank you for this perspective. Can you give any more details without breaking a confidence? Such as what DN would like to be happening with media, including WS? Personally, I'll stop posting immediately if the family believes this type of forum is harming them in any way.

11. confused

confused New Member

Thank you for saying that! I have been feeling like banging my head into the wall feeling the same way, for weeks.

For what it's worth, I appreciate the fact that you are at least open to considering other ideas, and I like the way you are presenting your findings. Also for what it's worth, I think you could be getting very warm with some of your comments. I will be very interested to keep reading your posts.

One final thought...I tried to point this out the other day, but was very abruptly informed that my point wasn't valid. Both Matt and Gail are Dr.s of pharmacology. They both would have a wealth of knowledge ABOUT drugs, but like any of us, they would need a prescription and a pharmacy to fill it to actually have possession of any drugs. Neither of them would have been in direct contact with pharmacy drugs. Again, just trying to keep facts straight.

12. confused

confused New Member

I agree that all of this is very important and could certainly provided much needed info. One thing you ask that jumped out at me was "How did she react to...loss"? she seems to have had a lot of loss in the past few years...her father, brother, job, marriage. That is definitely a lot to handle. Do we know what the father and brother died of? Not trying to be morbid, but wondering if it was like a long cancer battle or what?

13. glorias

glorias Member

snipped...

I didn't say calling someone paranoid is terrible! I said that Gail's so-called friends telling Matt her secrets was terrible, and it was no wonder people thought she was paranoid given everything going on around her.

14. glorias

glorias Member

Thanks MacGyver! I think that there are some other sites that imply Gail's family isn't doing anything, which might be where the idea comes from.

15. confused

confused New Member

Whoa, where did the schizophrenia come into this? I don't recall seeing that mentioned before, but could have missed it. That completely changes the WHOLE thing and certainly makes some of the info more understandable. I have studied schizophrenia in-depth and can say that it is really a mess to deal with, for everyone and anyone involved. I would like to see the links to this... Thanks

16. glorias

glorias Member

snipped...

The only thing we know is that early on, KN said the FBI had been called. Since then, nothing about the FBI has been reported as far as I know. If they claim they have more info about that, then that's yet another claim they've made that no one else can substantiate. Frankly, that particular list is getting a little long for my taste.

17. glorias

glorias Member

snipped...

A long time ago, JBean confirmed she had seen a medication list, right? But that it couldn't be posted because of HIPAA and, of course, it doesn't mean she even took the meds or what they were for.

18. Pearl*

Pearl* New Member

Isn't that the implication behind the allegations that Gail had delusions? I don't believe the specific word has been used before, but that's the way I understood it.

19. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

SMM interview clamored for the FBI. My point is that she does not know whether they are working it already. You are confirming the family called. All I am saying is that just because the media does not know if TBI and or FBI is on the case, does not mean they are not.

20. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

I am puzzled that MP would go outside of the state for representation in a lawsuit against a TN company. As others pointed out, the atty would have to be licensed in TN of course. Perhaps it is a family friend who is doing a favor for MP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.