TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were attacked, or even just startled at your home, would you not maybe drop everything, or set it down or something... why would you take things with you... if you were knocked in the face or cut I would think your first instinct would to have your arms or hands come up to your face to guard your face if you got hit in the nose, etc. This is very strange... I'm really thinking she knew something or someone, if not would you not scream and yell to get your brother's attention - I don't know - just my opinion

I totally agree with you!

If she dropped her bag I would have just picked it up. Its not a big deal how/why her stuff was not at the house. Honestly we don't know if she had a back pack, other items, etc. anyway.

On a test day she may have just had her lunch bag with a notebook in it and nothing else?

Some searchers said they were told to look for a purse, school books and a phone, I believe, if so, then likely she did not have a backpack unless it was found emptied out.

If you were attacked, or even just startled at your home, would you not maybe drop everything, or set it down or something... why would you take things with you... if you were knocked in the face or cut I would think your first instinct would to have your arms or hands come up to your face to guard your face if you got hit in the nose, etc. This is very strange... I'm really thinking she knew something or someone, if not would you not scream and yell to get your brother's attention - I don't know - just my opinion

I would hope I would drop everything and cause a ruckus. Having thought about this before, I hope I'd be able to respond and run, scream - something to try to get away right then and there. Even if I got killed, it would be before the perp got what he wanted. I'd rather die right then and there than to prolong my agony. Chances are, he'd run. If he had a gun point blank at me, that would be hard though.

Could someone please link me to where this 'thousands of missing kids' are listed please?

I'm not real up to date on this, but I'd like to make a big deal about this in certain places.

missingkids.com
charleyproject.org
the hundreds of missing listed her at websleuths.
pollyklaas.org
icmec.org

That list could literally take up an entire page. Adults, there are even more.

Taken on April 13.
Search route 13 from Lobelville back towards where the road crosses LickCreek and heads to Linden. That's what I would do if I were available.
Appreciated the link to the article from the ATF agent who is very familiar w/this area.
He said to followup w/everyone involved including Heather on their timelines for the past 60 days leading up to Holly's abduction.He also states that he believes there is at least an even (50/50) chance that Holly is still alive.
He also mentions IP addresses and technology....I think the perp knows more than just a little about modern technology, like proxies, rigged illegal scanners and GPS just to name a few.
I like the way he thinks...(The atf agent, not the perp!!)
JMO

For me, my captivation with Holly Bobo is the similarities between her and myself/children. People are drawn to different situations, a lot of times because we feel a connection to them. While I certainly care for all missing persons and wish the most hopeful outcome for their situation, I simply feel a stronger pull towards Holly because she looks like me, looks like what my daughter will look like, lives in an area like me, etc. My wish is that no one would ever have to experience such pain or loss. But when I look at Holly, I feel like the perp has me or my little girl. It's just different.

The same with Laci Peterson. We don't look alike, but I was pregnant and due at the same time. My heart was aching for her.

MOO: We can spend hours and hours debating on what evidence is proven, what LE has done, hasn't done, or need to do, and pointing our fingers all different directions. The bottom line is... the only thing we know for fact is that Holly is not home. Unfortunately, I feel like all we can do is sit and wait until LE tells us what they want us to know. We may find answers to our questions in a few days or we may never know the true story, and that kills me for Holly's sake.

Speculating here.
What if.....

- the reason there is confusion about brother seeing/saying he thought Holly was talking/walking with a boyfriend is because it WAS a boy who was a friend in the past year or so.

- LE might know the ID of this person now, but he had already accomplished all he planned to do or did on impulse by the time a full scale investigation was under way.

- at this time there is no hard evidence linking this person to the disappearance other than brother's ID.

- the reason for the searching is to find Holly and evidence that can be tied to this person so that an arrest can be made.

If she dropped her bag I would have just picked it up. Its not a big deal how/why her stuff was not at the house. Honestly we don't know if she had a back pack, other items, etc. anyway.

On a test day she may have just had her lunch bag with a notebook in it and nothing else?

But do we know that it was a test day? In one of the examiner articles (by Isabelle) that I linked last night, it was referred to as a normal day, with Holly doing what she did every morning. That's why I'm asking. And I think it's a huge deal. If it was in the car, on the ground, scattered throughout the woods, still in her bedroom...all of those could tell us something different about how and when she was attacked.

Entirely new here but wanted to add my 2 cents; as a new nursing student, it has been drilled into our heads that we have some sort of civil and professional duty to help the injured. Without a doubt, I believe that this was how she was lured into the woods (not her blood either and I believe this was part of the grand scheme of things). Once she realized that the situation was "not right", that is possibly when someone heard her scream.

Welcome to WS Beentherebefore! Great 1st post!!!!

I agree......I think he lured her by stating he was hurt, possibly by cutting himself & its his blood on the ground found by the brother. Then luring her by saying someone else ( whom she knew) needed help just inside the woods. Once she was there he grabbed her & she screamed!

I would hope I would drop everything and cause a ruckus. Having thought about this before, I hope I'd be able to respond and run, scream - something to try to get away right then and there. Even if I got killed, it would be before the perp got what he wanted. I'd rather die right then and there than to prolong my agony. Chances are, he'd run. If he had a gun point blank at me, that would be hard though.

Ive got cold cocked and you dont have time to blink your eyes. You are lucky they dont beat the crap out of you or kill you during the 10 minutes it takes you to come to your senses. So if someone were waiting for her, blindsided her in the car port, she would be too woozy to do much of anything and it would be so easy for someone to take her by the arm and lead her away.

But do we know that it was a test day? In one of the examiner articles (by Isabelle) that I linked last night, it was referred to as a normal day, with Holly doing what she did every morning. That's why I'm asking. And I think it's a huge deal. If it was in the car, on the ground, scattered throughout the woods, still in her bedroom...all of those could tell us something different about how and when she was attacked.

I didnt say that missing items were not important. My point clearly is that it is not hard for holly to drop a bag and for the suspect to pick it up. I dont see the lack of items indicating anything differently like her willingly carrying her stuff into the woods to help some one in need. If anything if she were lured away she would have left those items at the car (since she planned on coming back).

Its been said she had a test that day. But AFAIK tests are held at the same time as classes are held and that practicums, etc are held "off hours" as far as scheduling goes. So pretty much any morning may be similar/the same.

I think a young woman might just go into some kind of a state of shock when faced with this kind of situation. Heather Sullivan described her attack as being like a dream. Yes, Heather dropped her lantern but that's just because she was holding in her hand, and I don't believe she screamed. Holly might not have realized her purse was still over her shoulder until she got into the perp's car. If a guy has a gun or knife pointed at you any thought of the purse over your shoulder is probably not anywhere near the forefront of your mind. I don't think it's improbable that she still had her lunchpurse over her shoulder as she was led into the woods.

missingkids.com
charleyproject.org
the hundreds of missing listed her at websleuths.
pollyklaas.org
icmec.org

That list could literally take up an entire page. Adults, there are even more.

Ok, thanks for the start, Not_My_Kids....I sure wonder who's doing all this 'people stealing'? What do they do with the people who have disappeared?

As for her just walking into the woods thinking she was going to help someone that was injured... which I do not believe at all in any capacity...

why not call 911 first

why didnt the so called injured person call 911? even kindergarten kids have cell phones now

would a suspect risk standing around explaining this story to her when she could say hey let me get my brother...

If you cut yourself to have blood to show Holly why would you have to go back into the woods for help?

Aparently the amount of blood found is not described as being huge quantities

It has been said Holly was being led with a hand on her arm or around her shoulder... in theory if she were following it would be jsut that... he would be running ahead yelling hurry hurry not pushing her along in front of him.

LE said they think she was in fear for her life when she was going into the woods and while she was walking it may not have been voluntary.

IF she were following someone for help, why carry a back pack and school stuff (whatever she had?). The woods where they disappeared have been described as being thick (so that a dog had to be carried?) You would leave that stuff at your car.

Ive got cold cocked and you dont have time to blink your eyes. You are lucky they dont beat the crap out of you or kill you during the 10 minutes it takes you to come to your senses. So if someone were waiting for her, blindsided her in the car port, she would be too woozy to do much of anything and it would be so easy for someone to take her by the arm and lead her away.

Maybe. But everyone responds differently. I've been hit many different places in many different ways, and only once have I been knocked unconscious or even really stunned. My adrenaline kicks in the moment someone connects with me and doesn't go away until the threat is eliminated. Everybody has different responses and instincts. Unfortunately, we don't know what Holly's were. The report that we have is that she was walking, he was guiding her, but not holding her up, and I think that is she had been stumbling or falling down, it would have peaked her brother's interest. So if she was hit, it wasn't that hard or she's just one of those women that can take a punch.

Working on a new thread will be closing this one in a few...

Some sobering statistics.....

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18