TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so many windows open right now that I can't find the article about the t-shirts, but I remember it said that so far they have sold about 2,500 shirts at $12 a piece. Doing the math, that's $30,000.

I hope it was a misprint or misquote about wanting the money for Holly to use to take a vacation. Would a kidnapping survivor really want to take a vacation?

I'm not being facetious, that's a serious question.

ETA: Thank you, Ransom, for the link!

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

You have to subtract the original cost of the t-shirts and the printing though. That would surely be over half of the total taken in.

You have to subtract the original cost of the t-shirts and the printing though. That would surely be over half of the total taken in.

I am under the impression that the shirts are being donated, but if not, then that is very true.

The second link you posted says "The shirts range from $12 to $15 and are available at Parsons Florist in Parsons."

Are there 2 different "styles" (for lack of a better word) of shirts being sold? Do they both have the mother's favorite scripture on them?

there is another one with a scripture on it i actually think someone posted it here a few pages back.

there is another one with a scripture on it i actually think someone posted it here a few pages back.

Philippians 4:13
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."

(depending on translation used)

Maybe this has been posted but I hadn't seen it and thought it gives a good idea of how the house sets back from the road. It was showing their house is under 24 hour surveillance.

http://twitpic.com/4ojdtg

Philippians 4:13
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."

(depending on translation used)

Wow, I wonder if that has always been her favorite scripture because I just noticed it's 4:13 and Holly was abducted on 4-13.

I struggle with that. I would assume (and it can be a big assumption) that LE has more knowledge than has been made public, and some things involved may just take more time than we would like. I think most people get the idea that crimes are solved quickly because we see hour-long, fictionalized tv shows that have instant test results, instant this, instant that, etc. But in real life it can take a lot of old fashioned detective work, paper work, interviewing, etc.

LE also will want to keep some info under wraps to the public so suspects can be questioned about details that only he would know (that were not common knowledge) or in some cases to protect the family (in cases of sexual assault, sensationalized stuff etc).

The other big case I followed closely was like this. When the story broke it was HUGE. National news. Wild rumors. Only the bare bones of the story were made available by LE. A lot of what was stated did not make sense or seemed to contradict itself. After a couple weeks, the case went COLD as far as news and media went. NOTHING. Not a peep. Just rumors, more rumors, bizarre rumors, blah blah blah. Then, out of the blue (as far as the public was concerned), about one month after the crime, LE announced they had a suspect named, they put out a BOLO for him, and he was arrested that night.

Soooooo... IDK

I think in this case the lack of ANY news, details, statements is starting to have a negative effect on the case as far as public support goes. People have been busting their butts for over a week with NOTHING. Hope and faith and prayer will only go so far before the realities of life set in and folks settle back into their old daily routines. If LE needs public support they must find a way to keep the public's interest and focus levels up.

Do I 'know' you from the case at NIU (Toni K.)? I was almost certain that an acquaintance was responsible for her death but it turned out to be a local/a stranger. That's why I don't dare write down a theory because I'm learning that what seems obvious to me, is not always so.

Wow, I wonder if that has always been her favorite scripture because I just noticed it's 4:13 and Holly was abducted on 4-13.

Yikes, that's freaky.
That's one of the first scriptures I learned too - I have a hard time remembering the numbers though.

Holy crud that eeeerieee

maybe she picked it cause of the numbers lol

Help me out here - did I just read mom bought a vacation with donation money? Yikes - I need to read the upthread.

MOO

Mel

no, Mom wants to use all the money from the $12 T-shirts to go toward's Holly so she can go on a vacation or do whatever she wants with the money.

so far it is at $35,000

I sure hope LE is thinking outside the box and not focusing only on the area at hand. It seems to me that the people that do this type of stuff are usually located a couple of hundred miles away.......or even across state lines. Garrido comes to mind, and the guy that took Shawn Hornbeck.

Unless you have been verified as a psychiatrist, psychologist, or something similar, there is no need to discuss the type of therapy you think would be best for Holly... Let's focus on the important things here please.

The second link you posted says "The shirts range from $12 to $15 and are available at Parsons Florist in Parsons."

Are there 2 different "styles" (for lack of a better word) of shirts being sold? Do they both have the mother's favorite scripture on them?

As far as I know, only one. I posted a pic yesterday, last thread, they are black with pink ribbons and Holly's name on the front, the scripture on the back, if I recall right. The price difference likely depends on size.

Okay... I was gonna let the topic go about the tee-shirts.... but since 3 pages have been devoted I gotta weigh in. MOO..... from the beginning of the sales they have been making it perfectly clear where the proceeds were going. Anyone who spent their money buying one knew where their money was going. What is wrong with that? If people purchasing these shirts were told it was for search and recovery then we could scream, I would think.

One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

The thing I can't reconcile about the theory that someone had been threatening Holly though is that one would think her family would be aware of that to include her brother. All the more reason to make sure everything was ok when noticing her outside, early in the AM, with some camo guy.

Has their been the thought at all that she ran off? I know that's unlikely, but just wanted to ask. I was reading where people stated some of her belongings seemed to almost be "placed" and just had to ask the question.

As far as I know, only one. I posted a pic yesterday, last thread, they are black with pink ribbons and Holly's name on the front, the scripture on the back, if I recall right. The price difference likely depends on size.

Thanks! I missed a lot of yesterday's thread.

Black??

I don't think this has been posted. I have been trying to keep up in here.

This just breaks my heart.

Tabitha Tuders' Family Feels Connected to Bobo Family

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A well known family that knows all too well what Holly Bobo's family is going through is helping in the Bobo case. The sister of Tabitha Tuders, who went missing eight years ago, is now helping search for the nursing student.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27648698/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member