TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I kinda tend to agree with you on that. I would think that it would take at least a little while to get the statements, do a preliminary search of the immediate area and then to get a search organized.

I know it took a while for the Forensic Team from TBI Memphis to arrive. Investigators from the TBI were there earlier then the crime scene techs. The search was already under way before the techs arrived.

I know it took a while for the Forensic Team from TBI Memphis to arrive. Investigators from the TBI were there earlier then the crime scene techs. The search was already under way before the techs arrived.

Yes, I worked for LE for several years and I just couldn't imagine that it would go as fast as from arrival to boots on the ground to be 45 minutes.

I believe it's a matter of terminology....it is my understanding that the attached garage does not have a door and was referred to as a carport.....it is not a stand alone traditional car port.

From the close camera shots they've had on our local news on her property, it appears the carport is detached. There is a pool with a deck around it in the back of the house. The open carport for 2 cars is about 100 yards from the house. It also appears to be dark inside except for any outside light. If you Google Earth it you can see the pool, the carport is to the left of the pool. The woods surround this...I feel he had no problem whatsoever spying on this entire family.

It has never been said when or where the recent discovery was made.

Umm, well, I am referring to this. I presumed this was the "signifcant discovery" location, sorry, maybe that is incorrect?

A group of volunteers walking along U.S. 641/Tenn. 69 today found an item near 100 Eaton St. as searchers combed the terrain in northern Decatur County on foot in the hunt for missing nursing student Holly Bobo

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110424/NEWS25/110424003/Item-found-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab

JMO: As far as the campus search goes, I am thinking they are looking for cigarette butts to possibly compare to the blood found in the driveway and maybe even cigarettes they have found in other areas around the trail of things they have found, and are trying to narrow down the areas frequented by the perp....

Umm, well, I am referring to this. I presumed this was the "signifcant discovery" location, sorry, maybe that is incorrect?

There is a statement somewhere that says the article was found in the previous 12 hours. I'll try to find it.

From the close camera shots they've had on our local news on her property, it appears the carport is detached. There is a pool with a deck around it in the back of the house. The open carport for 2 cars is about 100 yards from the house. It also appears to be dark inside except for any outside light. If you Google Earth it you can see the pool, the carport is to the left of the pool. The woods surround this...I feel he had no problem whatsoever spying on this entire family.

My DIL called it a garage without a door.......maybe I mis understood what she was saying. But I got the impression it was not a traditional car port!! Again, terminology varies.

I wonder if that means the first arriving officers walking around and checking things out? Hard to believe a full scale search was in progress that fast, especially if there was about a 30-minute delay between abduction and arrival time of first responders as we heard at one point. It would take a few minutes to talk to brother again, have him show them the blood and where she went into the woods, etc...and more time for searchers to show up. I think the abductor had at least a 45-minute head start, if not longer. If a car was parked near an exit from the woods, that could translate to many miles.

I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to find the link with the time of the first 911 call. If I'm not mistaken it was at 7:58 by the brother. The last time he reported seeing her was somewhere between 7:30 and 7:40 AM. LE probably didn't arrive for at least 15-20 minutes, so this would have given the abductor at least an hour to an hour and a half to be miles away by then.

Sounds like they do suspect Holly may be gone from the area:

The focus Sunday was on Holladay Road which connects Bobo's home where she was abducted and last seen alive to Interstate 40. Investigators believe the man who took her might have tried to get to the interstate as quickly as possible and that clues might lie on the side of the road. Volunteers search for anything that might have been thrown out the window or any item of Bobo's that might lead them deeper into a section of woods.

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...unteers-answer-call-for-help-on-easter-sunday

Gofigure, :wagon: !!!!

How lovely it is to have you here! I am so very happy that you have your daughter back. Let's hope the same scenario happens for Holly's family. :heart:

Feel free to jump right on in, we love different perpectives and new input!

Yes you tape up your pants leg around your boots. Keeps the chiggers and ticks out. Very, very common to do around here.

Yes and the searchers most likely are doing this also so if lots of tape was found it could easily be from the searchers taping their pants and boots.

My DIL called it a garage without a door.......maybe I mis understood what she was saying. But I got the impression it was not a traditional car port!! Again, terminology varies.

Here is a more clear aerial of the property than Google earth, and I'm not seeing anything detached except maybe an outbuilding behind the house? Maybe open garage next to the pool where there is a white vehicle parked?

Attachments

• Aerial of property.jpg
    Aerial of property.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 92

It is a free standing garage type structure with 3 walls. No doors on the front like an enclosed garage would be. You just pull your car into it. It is open though so anyone from the house would be able to look out and see who was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain