TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I don't know if she knew her abductor but I feel that whoever it was knew her schedule. It could be a simple as him driving by at the same time every day to or from work and seeing her at the same time. Or it could be that it is someone in any of the school or organizations she belongs to. Someone noticed her and then probably made it a practice of learning her schedule.

I'll share a little story. When I was a teenager my sister and I would babysit for the neighbor right across the street from us. She was a nurse 3-11. And she only worked 3 days a week. At some point some SO saw that we were coming and going. We lived in the country. This man would ring the doorbell and he would be completely naked. I'll leave out the details. We would call the police but of course it would take them 10 minutes to respond and he would be gone. This happened over 20 times before they caught this man. And he never appeared except when we were babysitting. He was watching us. This happened in the dead of winter in New England. Naked in the snow he was at times.

We were so traumatized we stopped babysitting. This was back in the 60's when the good ole boy club was still in full force and no Sex Offender laws in place like today. They caught him..... but he got a slap on the wrist. One night as we were leaving he reached out to grab my sister by the arm and we fought him off. We didn't know him at all. But he knew us and our schedule. All it takes is a pervert to see you once and set their sites on finding out what they need to about you and your schedule. It could be anyone that took Holly.

The time frame of her abduction IMO is a really good place to start looking.

Wow- what a creepy story, but I have a feeling things like this happen more often than we realize.

I agree, I don't think it was necessarily someone who KNEW Holly, per se. Obviously, he planned this out and had an idea that she would be coming out that morning, but I don't think he did a whole lot of "homework," because Clint was home, and he either didn't know or didn't care.

I'm just sad that Holly hasn't been found by now. And now that Bin Laden has taken up 100% of the media, Holly will slowly fade into the background. I hope I'm not right, but that's what I see happening.

Hugs to you Holly - wherever you are.

Mel

It's not as though this story was in the national news much in the past week anyway. None of these cases are, unless there is new information. It's not just Holly. Her case happens to be more unusual and interesting than some, so it would garner attention if there was something to report.

There has been next to nothing lately on the girl who vanished near Denver after a night out with her friends and that is a really werid and horrible-sounding story. And that is just one example. We've seen it time and again.

You'd think the local newspapers would at least have a little photo of the missing person in their area on their front page/website everyday, if nothing else, just to remind people that one of their citizens is missing. But they don't even get that, unless there is a teary-eyed family member to go along with it.

I agree with you. I don't know if she knew her abductor but I feel that whoever it was knew her schedule. It could be a simple as him driving by at the same time every day to or from work and seeing her at the same time. Or it could be that it is someone in any of the school or organizations she belongs to. Someone noticed her and then probably made it a practice of learning her schedule.

I'll share a little story. When I was a teenager my sister and I would babysit for the neighbor right across the street from us. She was a nurse 3-11. And she only worked 3 days a week. At some point some SO saw that we were coming and going. We lived in the country. This man would ring the doorbell and he would be completely naked. I'll leave out the details. We would call the police but of course it would take them 10 minutes to respond and he would be gone. This happened over 20 times before they caught this man. And he never appeared except when we were babysitting. He was watching us. This happened in the dead of winter in New England. Naked in the snow he was at times.

We were so traumatized we stopped babysitting. This was back in the 60's when the good ole boy club was still in full force and no Sex Offender laws in place like today. They caught him..... but he got a slap on the wrist. One night as we were leaving he reached out to grab my sister by the arm and we fought him off. We didn't know him at all. But he knew us and our schedule. All it takes is a pervert to see you once and set their sites on finding out what they need to about you and your schedule. It could be anyone that took Holly.

The time frame of her abduction IMO is a really good place to start looking.

I totally agree with the way this post started and ended. But the middle part ... I'm pretty sure we could make a movie out of that! Rated R. :eek:

OMG.

:grouphug: for grandmaj

I have to admit....it's pretty amazing how "silent" this case is. Really....no leaks what-so-ever that we know of.....from LE or the residents. How is that possible I ask myself? Out of dual communities (Darden & Parsons).....not one person has breathed a word about anything really. I guess that's good but.....I find it unusual.

Hi everyone.....due to a bit of a health scare I have been obsessed with medical pages and havent come onto websleuths for the last week and I have to agree with above. This is one case where there has not really been any rumors or comments about supposed suspects either on facebook pages, here or newsites comments. That is quite unusual, usually there is some form of a rumor or gossip going on and beleive me since I have been on here I always check all the newsite and facebook comments for any "talk", all quiet on the western front on this one.

Hope that is good

i'm still here reading everday. just not commenting as much-- not much to add that hasnt already been said.

i still feel it's important to know what CB's reg. daily schedule was. was he not supposed to be home that morning-- or--- was he known to usually sleep in late?

the abductor went to the lengths to know when her parents left- so why did he risk it when her brother was home? unless CB wasnt supposed to be or was known to sleep late.

i still feel HB is alive and is being kept close by. someone earlier brought up that the abductor would have to leave to get water & food. most people i know get their water via water dispenser from the fridge/sink. this guy could have been also been gathering food for god knows how long.

keeping in mind i dont have a large amount of food in my house- but if i had to- i could survive on whats in my house for at least a month or two. providing i ration out my rice krispy treats ;o

Search for Holly Bobo continues

Law enforcement agencies on Monday continued their investigation of the disappearance of Holly Bobo, a missing Decatur County nursing student.

Authorities didn't search Monday but followed up on leads in the case, said John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110503/NEWS01/105030314

good morning.. here was the only thing I could find this morning..

praying today is the day

I totally agree with the way this post started and ended. But the middle part ... I'm pretty sure we could make a movie out of that! Rated R. :eek:

OMG.

:grouphug: for grandmaj

If it was real cold maybe PG-13? :innocent:

Skipped ahead to see if there was any news. Answer: NOT!

I'm about to pull my hair out at this point. WHERE IS HOLLY?!

I haven't seen any evidence that suggests she isn't alive... I survived a sexual assault at age 11 while i was walking to school, so i choose to believe that Holly can survive this too, especially if she knows the guy.
A few threads back, a local said that a few people have refused to allow their property seached.....MOO but I can see a scenario where leads have led the TBI to consider one of these persons, but they need probable cause and not just hearsay... just my opinion and speculation, but maybe one of them is an attorney. or a member of LE.... they would want to make sure all of their ducks are in a row. You can call me a Pollyanna, but I'm still praying and holding out hope .

(above bbm)
Call me naive, but that, right there, scares me. Why would you not want your property searched to aid in this search? Unless you were running an on-site meth lab, or had 12 foot tall pot plants growing behind your shed...

(above bbm)
Call me naive, but that, right there, scares me. Why would you not want your property searched to aid in this search? Unless you were running an on-site meth lab, or had 12 foot tall pot plants growing behind your shed...

That could be true, and Lord knows there are plenty of both in the woods, or we could just be talking about cantankerous people. That's what we southern folk call someone who won't do something a reasonable person would do, just because someone else wants them to do it. I had an uncle like that. Would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it but would cut off his arm rather than do something because he "should" or you said he "ought to".

And just to play devil's advocate for a moment, there are plenty of people all around the US who might (and have the 4th amendment right to) decline having their property searched without a warrant or probable cause. For example, I am a thoroughly law-abiding citizen but I'm not at all sure I would give the police permission to search my house without some prior discussion between LE and an attorney. However, I would happily take a polygraph so they could be satisfied I didn't have anything to do with Holly's disappearance.

Will Nunley tweets this AM:

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case. #hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: specialized weekend searches did not uncover any dramatic new details as hoped for. #hollybobo
28 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case. #hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: specialized weekend searches did not uncover any dramatic new details as hoped for. #hollybobo
28 minutes ago

I got this on my phone just a few minutes ago. BIG bummer.

Looks like we all need to pray harder and settle in with some patience.

Seems as though the best case scenario is that, wherever Holly is, that she just busts the heck out of there and gets to safety. Whoever has her must not be quite as stupid as we thought (and hoped.)

I don't think many people would ever even think that someone could be watching them.

Case in point: Our small town has a trash pick up once a year, where you can get rid of all kinds of things that normally wouldn't fit in your trash receptacle every week. So my husband and I dragged out what was left of a treadmill (he took it apart) and then a perfectly in-tact exercise bike (really, we had not room for it, knew no one who wanted it, and even contacted local charities, no one wanted it). By the time I got back in the house, both of those items were gone. Someone had either been watching us (there are a lot of people driving around, doing just that, this week), or just got darn lucky as they were driving by.

Point is, if they were watching us, I never knew. Scary.

willnunley Will Nunley
Good find.

I'm wondering why Will has offset the word 'abduction' with those inverted commas. Is there a message here?

Nunley's tweets this morning are sad to me.

I think we've all overestimated how far along they were in this case and were trying too hard to read between the lines.

I don't think they can prove who did this, and I don't think they're as sure as many have felt they are on who did it.

Truth is there is a high number of RSO's in the area, a very high incident of meth lab discoveries and really quite a few missing persons as others have pointed out in that general area over the years.

With the Bin Laden death and other news this case is slowly sliding from public view towards the cold(er) case file and that really depresses me.

The perp only had a 45 minute head start but it might as well have been 45 days.

willnunley Will Nunley

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case.#hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
28 minutes ago

Thanks for this.

Well at least we have this new confirmation that LE specialized weekend searches were ... not dramatic. :waitasec:

I wonder what a "specialized" search is?

I suppose if I wanted to do something bad and then leave evidence I'd look up this guy and leave it near his house...just sayin!

I could easily see this being the case - that someone did these things to bring attention to others. IE evidence was placed where it was for a reason and had nothing to do with her leaving a trail.

I'm glad Will Nunley has tweeted about the case again even if his messages are not what we hoped for at this time.

I still believe the TBI may know who took Holly, but that doesn't mean they have found Holly yet or that they have concluded all of their forensic testing or analysis on items recovered so far.

I think they want to have an airtight case prepared before arresting someone. That doesn't mean they aren't keeping a close watch on the perp. MOO

The bolded part of Will's tweet above strikes me as interesting. Fewer agents are working the case now? Wonder why...

Good find.

I'm wondering why Will has offset the word 'abduction' with those inverted commas. Is there a message here?

the word "cracked" appears in quotes too.

IMO, to emphasize that those are TBI's choice of words, and not his. Both are pretty descriptive words. abduction = kidnapping / vs. the word missing, for example. Denotes that LE's investigation is about the fact that someone took Holly against her will.

No change, really.

For a while now they haven't really announced that they are looking for Holly ... it's been more like they are looking for evidence/POI ... and now "case-cracking" information. And maybe they've at least said that much here - assuming Nunley's got direct quotes going on in his tweet.

:cow:

I'm lookin' real hard, but ... still no meat on that bone from Will Nunley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member