TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
"News agencies" of varying degrees of respect reported Sheriff Wyatt talking about the scream that the unidentified neighbor heard. For now... IMHO... it could've been Holly, her mom returning and hearing the story, or various wildlife that make strange screaming noises (I now live in the woods), or... a rumor. Until we hear that human words were spoken, it all still a guess. IMHO.

What would be a game-changing event or find? It seems to me it's bigger than Holly's cellphone. Remember that "game changing" is unexpected. huge, world changing,, unpredictable, unanticipated, etc. It had to be something beyond what we've surmised! I told this to another poster and also said a game-changing finding or event would be more like finding the PERP's cellphone! Any ideas on what would turn LE's world upside down? Just throwing this in to keep the thread active...

This was all discussed not only when it first happened (with links to videos) but again about a week-ten days back again with links.

I'm unable to find the link to the video of the neighbor who heard the screams. If you could provide it, I would really appreciate it, Carla.

I have NOT heard the second call was from someone Hollys mother got to call 911 at all.

Here's one of them, from LE, John Mehr, TBI, quoted in this WBBJ/ABC7 article, and shown in the video at about -1:12 saying the same quote (except that he adds the word 'also' twice - before the word 'and' and at the end of his sentence).

Bobo Search Enters Second Day
Story Created: Apr 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM CDT
Story Updated: Apr 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM CDT

“The brother has been very helpful to us and the family has been very helpful, said John Mehr, agent in charge with the TBI. “The brother is the one that called 911 and the mother has reached out to someone to call 911.”

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Search-Enters-Second-Day-119890199.html

I have not seen what you are looking for BeanE and without links unfortunately to me, it does not exist. Maybe someone could find proof for us, with all due respect.

I'm not looking for proof - I just would really, really, really like to hear what the neighbor who heard the screams had to say about it! What she heard exactly, etc.

Since no info about the 911 calls has been released, we can't confirm about the screams from that source....but in post #229 of this thread, BeanE posted the link where the Sheriff said that the neighbor told them she heard screams....so I guess we are taking that as LE confirmation.

I do take that as LE confirmation that a neighbor told them she heard screams, and I take WBBJ's statement as confirmation that the neighbor told them the same thing.

What I haven't seen is that there was a 911 call specifically about the screams, and that is what I was looking for. My understanding is that there was 1 911 call from the brother, and one from someone the mother got to call, neither to report screams, but rather both to report Holly had been abducted.

Here's the link to #229:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

That's by no means official, and not even a timeline. I know this because that's my website. :)

It's simply a collection of pieces of timeline-related info from highly reliable/credible sources, that could be used to construct an UNofficial timeline - if anyone can make sense enough of the pieces of info to do that (I can not).

Unfortunately, because of the conflicts in the info, one must throw best guesses (or wild ones) into any timeline constructed from the available info.

Re: norest4thewicked link to timeline..

That is BeanE's website. Who from all experiences I personAlly know is the most up-to-date and as factual as you will find.

She's got a knack for getting to the truth and No BS-ing about it.. Of course jmo with my experience...

Wow! Thank you so much, Smooth. You've made my day. :)

I have a feeling there is more than one person involved with her disappearance.

Unfortunately, Holly is probably 99.9% not alive.

It's been almost 2 months and if they were going to find a live Holly , she needed to be found within 24-48 hours.

At this point, it's a recovery mission.

Re: in response to what shows had been cancelled that were supposed to be focusing on Hollys case.. Yet instead they were suddenly pulled at the last minute..

As I previously stated BTHN hosts were promoting the Holly Bobo Exclusive for their*May 11th 7pm broadcast.. It was pulled at the last moment and the following is a transcription of what Bee Hertz announced as to why there would be no show done on Holly.. Below transcript you will find the link for any to follow and hear this for themselves...

Begin Quote-
I apologize we will not be doing a show for security reasons and out of respect for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and protection of the family.
I want you all to know it is with a heavy heart I have to say this but do with a kind and compassionate heart that we are not doing the show this evening.
-End Quote
From 5/11/2011 7pm

I believe that substantiates exactly what I had previously posted about there infact being broadcasts that were asked to be pulled from airing concerning The Holly Bobo case!

Here is link for anyone to hear for themselves what is transcribed above..

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/profile.aspx?userurl=bringthemhomenow&pt=12

I don't like the sound of that..... "heavy heart I have to say this but do with a kind and compassionate heart"

"security reasons" "respect for TBI and protection of family".......

wonder exactly what they were told!

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979313125

What to make of this?

I may have missed something along the way very easily, and I'm sorry if I did and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it was always my understanding that TBI was lead on the case and FBI was "helping".

The TBI is the lead on this case. It's a state version of the FBI.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is something else entirely. The FBI is also investigating.

With all due respect- please also note that there is reason for both agencies to be involved.

A dropped hotel key seems a little obvious to me, leading investigators further away from the area.

Just a hunch but I had a strange feeling reading this thread today, I think Holly could be very close, even with neighbours, in many past cases the guilty has tried to get themselves "involved" in the case with the press or with LE, anyone like that in this case?

I feel bad for thinking this but I am just unsure about the brother.......still.

willnunley Will Nunley

"Helicopters, mounted patrol, volunteers and TBI search teams all here."

13 Apr

Here is a tweet from Will Nunley the morning of April 13. John Mehr estimates
that the abduction took place at about 7:45. The tweet was at 9:22.

1 hour and 37 minutes from the crime to this kind of manpower. Is this unusual or not?

willnunley Will Nunley

"Helicopters, mounted patrol, volunteers and TBI search teams all here."

13 Apr

Here is a tweet from Will Nunley the morning of April 13. John Mehr estimates
that the abduction took place at about 7:45. The tweet was at 9:22.

1 hour and 37 minutes from the crime to this kind of manpower. Is this unusual or not?

My Twitter is showing the time of that tweet as 12:22pm.

I'm EDT, and TN is CDT, a one hour time difference (TN is an hour earlier than I am).

I'm not sure how time zone differences are reflected in Twitter.

IMO, silence of this magnitude in a case (especially in a smaller town), points to a local "issue" of some sort. That, unfortunately, could mean a number of things with regards to the eventual outcome.

My gut feeling is, that there is a local individual involved. This person is probably loner (known, but a loner), and, there are people scared of this individual. Granted, not much insight here, but that's my own personal thoughts at this point and with the information available.

As an aside, she really seems like a wonderful person and I hope there's a happy outcome to this.

Just checking in on this cold case after a month as i said i would. Reading the last 2 pages is all it takes to see its still where it was as i figured it would be. I'm moving this cold case to my "check every 6 months" list now.

I

“The brother has been very helpful to us and the family has been very helpful, said John Mehr, agent in charge with the TBI. “The brother is the one that called 911 and the mother has reached out to someone to call 911.”

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Search-Enters-Second-Day-119890199.html

I take that as meaning the family is coopartive. The Brother called 911 when he got suspicous and the mother "reached out to someone (with information) to call 911" (with information about her daughter)

Not that the mother told someone to call 911.

I dont visit the site much for long periods of time so its hard for me to scroll back over what can be nearly two months worth of posts. I come in, check for any news and then go off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member