TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time mapping multiple locations on googlemaps. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate a link on a how to. Thanks.

The map that I did for Holly is in my signature below. Is there something you would like me to update on it?

I think someone mentioned in a previous post that
they thought the duct tape looked new.
Assuming the duct tape pictured was not some dramatization
meant to represent what was found, I am glad if it would turn out to
really be new tape as that might mean there is video somewhere
of that tape being purchased at a store.

No the tape find is not a dramatization.

Here is a frame grab from the news video interview with LE on the scene when/where it was found (video previously posted more than once here). You can see the tape laying on top of the sparse plants if you look.

tape2.jpg

And here is a close up grab of the tape. You can see its fairly "new" looking and is not all wadded up, folded, etc. It looks a lot like when someone tears off a piece of tape from the start of a roll.

DuctTape.jpg

Just finding a piece of tape on the ground and then trying to match that tape to some video of someone somewhere buying tape might be impossible unless by chance it was an odd brand of tape like Hinkle that George Anthony bought (Casey Anthony's dad).

Note that aside from them finding the tape and some claims that the tape had blonde hair on it, there has been no indication that the tape is even related to Holly or not. Its just there...

The map that I did for Holly is in my signature below. Is there something you would like me to update on it?

Does anyone have just a scan of a section of a good old fashioned paper map of the area? Like the kind you get from AAA etc.

The reason I ask is that it would be much easier to trace road paths and routes without trees covering the road, etc. The satillite type map is good showing the layout of the physical terrain but less useful to plot the actual roadways without any obstructions.

Does anyone have just a scan of a section of a good old fashioned paper map of the area? Like the kind you get from AAA etc.

The reason I ask is that it would be much easier to trace road paths and routes without trees covering the road, etc. The satillite type map is good showing the layout of the physical terrain but less useful to plot the actual roadways without any obstructions.

Yep. ;)

No the tape find is not a dramatization. . .
That is probably correct. I am just so doubtful of media images
these days after seeing some past dramatization stunts that have been
pulled and that is why I said 'if it is not a dramatization.'

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .Just finding a piece of tape on the ground and
then trying to match that tape to some video of someone somewhere
buying tape might be impossible unless by chance it was an odd brand . . .
Not necessarily impossible since this was such a rural area it is possible
that not too many people in the local walmarts etc. would be buying
duct tape on that day or the day before. It would be possible to
look at checkout records and time stamps and then look at video
of those sales being made and see if any one person that bought tape in
the local area could then be linked in any way to Holly.

It might not be possible to prove that piece of tape came from the roll
seen on a video being purchased but I mean that just seeing someone
on video purchasing duct tape in the day of or the day before could lead
to them eventually being linked to the crime. So then the fact that
the tape was new might then have been the key that started people
looking at the videos and thus turn out to have been a valuable clue.

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .Note that aside from them finding the tape and
some claims that the tape had blonde hair on it, there has been no
indication that the tape is even related to Holly or not. Its just there...
Very true. And again this is something we need to try to find a way to
confirm or rule out by evidence. Perhaps someone can contact some
reporting News sites and see if LE will grant them an update on that for us.

I have recieved a response from Joe Gomez and have
responded back asking for clarification of something he told me.

It does seem as if the blood on the lunchbox may have
been the result of botched communication between
LE and those reporting.

It seems, according to him, LE told them one thing and
then later said something else.
When I know more I will post about it.
Wow how surprising that LE said one thing and then something completely different after......................lol
Nice job on the follow up tho doc!

I just found this while looking for something else. It's the TN statute about rewards. And I no longer remember wth I was looking for when I found it....

40-8-101. Offer of reward by governor.

(a) The governor is authorized to offer a reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of a person or persons who have committed, attempted to commit or conspired to commit a criminal offense in this state. Any reward offered shall not exceed the following amounts for the following classification of offenses:

(1) Fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for an offense that is classified as a Class A or B felony; and

(2) Five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an offense that is classified as a Class C, D or E felony.

(b) The fifty thousand dollar ($50,000) and five thousand dollar ($5,000) reward maximums imposed by subsection (a) shall apply only to state appropriated funds. The governor may increase the amount of any reward offered by use of funds from the reward pool fund created in this part.

(c) When the governor offers a reward pursuant to this section, the governor may place any reasonable conditions upon collection of the reward as the governor deems advisable or necessary.

http://statutes.laws.com/tennessee/title-40/chapter-8/40-8-101

Wow how surprising that LE said one thing and
then something completely different after......................lol
Nice job on the follow up tho doc!
Thanks.

I am still waiting for the response for the clarification I asked him
about. I replied to the address he used to email me from.
It did not have a do-not-reply-to-this-address warning but I suppose
it is possible that he does not check that email address as often as the
the inbox for the radio station's mail which might be a separate address.

I thought this person did not match the description of the man CB saw with his sister?

And has been "missing" since 2007....
I think they will just update that he is the only one they could not find....

I thought this person did not match the description of the man CB saw with his sister?

He does not but who knows at this point. Eyewitness descriptions can be notoriously wrong or inaccurate. So even though Clint saw the guy the description could still be off. Or not...

at least its something new to read and talk about. Even if he isnt involved with Holly he needs to be found.

I want to be able to show on an atlas map the radius between Darden, TN, Signal Moutain, TN and Toney, AL. Is it possible you can do this?

Sorry if this has been discussed, just heard on wmc (wmctv.com) that a RSO has been missing for about the same time as Holly.

There are discrepancies but Wall's actions are suspect.

"Wall (44 years of age) is described as a white male, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes. " - Link

Here is a Link to the RSO database on Wall, including a picture.

From the FBI:
"[Holly Bobo] was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing." - Link

I think we're seeing in action how things get twisted and turned by the media as they scramble for stories in their quest for ratings, web hits, and the resultant $$$.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Well whatever his involvement (or lack of) is, LE has been looking into him for the last 4 months so this isnt real new news

Well whatever his involvement (or lack of) is, LE has been looking into him for the last 4 months so this isnt real new news

I agree, I dont think this guy is really news, its been mentioned here for awhile that this guy has been missing since 07. I think that its easy these days for Media to get obcessed with a headlines, even if they are not factual. If this RSO was a legit suspect, why hasn't LE released more info, gotten his face and name out there sooner. I agree though that he should be found.

Bobo Search Leads To Additional Searches
WBBJ - Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM CDT

• The search for missing Decatur County nursing student Holly Bobo, has prompted another search in nearby Perry County. Officials said they are searching for Victor George Wall, 44, formerly of Linden.
  • Leaders stressed that Wall has not been directly connected to Bobo, and is not officially considered a suspect in her disappearance.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Search-Leads-To-Additional-Searches-126550178.html

WBBJ is Will Nunley's station. Doesn't look to me like this guy has anything to do with Holly's abduction, but was just discovered to be unaccounted for when they were looking at RSOs. This has happened in other cases. Glad they finally noticed he wasn't around.

Bobo Search Leads To Additional Searches
WBBJ - Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM CDT

• The search for missing Decatur County nursing student Holly Bobo, has prompted another search in nearby Perry County. Officials said they are searching for Victor George Wall, 44, formerly of Linden.
  • Leaders stressed that Wall has not been directly connected to Bobo, and is not officially considered a suspect in her disappearance.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Search-Leads-To-Additional-Searches-126550178.html

WBBJ is Will Nunley's station. Doesn't look to me like this guy has anything to do with Holly's abduction, but was just discovered to be unaccounted for when they were looking at RSOs. This has happened in other cases. Glad they finally noticed he wasn't around.

I totally agree.
Hope he's located asap. But don't think he had anything to do with Holly's abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay