TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're correct because I think there was more blood than stated. The flecks of blood on the lawn tell me more than a superficial cut. BTW, is the lawn in the back of the house also? I imagined the lawn as being in the front.

The stuff about blood on the lawn came only from a reporter on the NG show and , IIRC, he later recanted parts of his poor commentary.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone I just have a question if anyone knows. Has the family stayed in contact with the BF, are those to families working side by side or are they estranged?

My thinking is that the police know who did it, the family knows too but the family was told they do not have enough to charge or arrest and if they state anything they know the person may go free and they will never find out where HB is. I suppose this is why they are tight lipped.

At first I felt clint may have been involved. Different stories, he goes into hiding for 2 months, and he's the last witness.

Now....I see his bumbling through interviews as a sincere effort to try an replay what happened. Liars find a few half truths and pound their points. Clint is not trying to decieve. I really he feels guilt about the situation and he was really close to his sister.

My gut has always told me its someone that used to or currently worked with/for hollys dad. But now clint may have heard "younger" voices. Guh.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone I just have a question if anyone knows. Has the family stayed in contact with the BF, are those to families working side by side or are they estranged?

My thinking is that the police know who did it, the family knows too but the family was told they do not have enough to charge or arrest and if they state anything they know the person may go free and they will never find out where HB is. I suppose this is why they are tight lipped.

Very little has been said about Drew and his family. Seemingly they are not involved and are just out of the picture and media attention too. Which in a way makes sense. They are not involved. If he wasn't there that morning he wasn't there and there isn't much need for him to be on TV talking about things he doesn't know about. Not that anyone has said much...

I have never heard police ever tell anyone they know who did something but can't prove it and if the family speaks out then that person goes free... If anything I have heard LE say the opposite... they will publically state they think a certain person knows more than they are letting on...

At first I felt clint may have been involved. Different stories, he goes into hiding for 2 months, and he's the last witness.

Now....I see his bumbling through interviews as a sincere effort to try an replay what happened. Liars find a few half truths and pound their points. Clint is not trying to decieve. I really he feels guilt about the situation and he was really close to his sister.

My gut has always told me its someone that used to or currently worked with/for hollys dad. But now clint may have heard "younger" voices. Guh.

I didn't hear the interview when Clint said it was a younger voice or the question he was answering (if he was).

Could he have been meaning it wasn't someone as old as his father? I think Clint is a nervous wreck and I agree he has a lot of guilt. I don't think he did anything to his sister either.

I find it strange that she didn't have friends who would speak out about Holly and the people she knew or that her boyfriend didn't speak out either about his friends or that no one seems to be speaking about the circle of people around this girl. Did she have any friends? A best friend that may have known of any weird guys?

This perp had to be someone in the family circle or an aquaintance - not some random stranger who ran into her at her house.

did she have a facebook or myspace account?

I guess we aren't going to get any answers to our questions. The media did what they can do. The family appears to want to speak but are hesitant. They don't need a spokesperson. As I said these are educated people and certainly know how to answer questions...but for some reason they are being held back or are afraid.

See I really disagree with this, Whisperer. Certainly they are educated people, and I am sure they can answer "questions". These are not simple yes and no answers. This is a criminal investigation. The way they answer these questions may affect that investigation. Example: Dana confirmed the blood found WAS Holly's. By how fast the pastor replaced him on JVM, I am gonna say they may have preferred that be kept quiet.

>During the JVM interview Clint was recounting a different account of that morning then what was said early on in the investigation (April)
>Next day when they are interviewed he is asked what happened that morning, and now says "can't say, still under investigation"
>But the mother during the interview makes statements that call into question her own sons account made 24 hrs ago.
IMHO--they really need some legal guidance, or they need to stop talking.

Someone unfamilair with those woods, would NOT walk into them while in the middle of an abduction.

Where was her boyfriend? What about his friends? Her friends? Online friends? Guys who she turned down?

Mendara,

You are right. Someone had to be familiar with those woods. That is what the father, Dana, has said. He believes this because the Bobo's live there and have gotten lost while in those woods looking for Holly .

The 911 calls not being released is not a big red flag to me. As stated previously, there is a new law that was recently passed in TN banning the release of any 911 calls to the media.

The scream is a bit baffling.
However, could Clint have been in the shower when the scream occurred? Is this why he did not hear the scream?
[Could the scream have happened several minutes AFTER Clint saw Holly] walking into the woods (so she was away from her home)?
Was the neighbor outside watering her garden or something; and therefore, she heard the scream - while Clint was inside so he did not hear the scream?

To me, again, there are many plausible explanantions regarding the scream.

cocomod,

The scream sets the beginning timeline that morning. So it would have been the first thing to have alerted the neighbor to call the mother, and possibly the dog to bark(which Clint did hear).

cocomod,

The scream sets the beginning timeline that morning. So it would have been the first thing to have alerted the neighbor to call the mother, and possibly the dog to bark(which Clint did hear).

How do you know the scream came first? Or do you mean that's your theory?

I know this is an article from Gather but the reporter called TBI Kristin Helm.

Holly Bobo Update; TBI Still Says Nobody Is Cleared in This Case

snipped

"I can tell you that at present time our investigators are focusing their efforts outside of Holly's immediate family as they remain cooperative and helpful to the case," said Kristin Helm of the TBI.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979932641

My apologies if this is a repeat!

I know this is an article from Gather but the reporter called TBI Kristin Helm.

Holly Bobo Update; TBI Still Says Nobody Is Cleared in This Case

snipped

"I can tell you that at present time our investigators are focusing their efforts outside of Holly's immediate family as they remain cooperative and helpful to the case," said Kristin Helm of the TBI.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979932641

My apologies if this is a repeat!

Thanks for the info. I just really find it odd why the TBI would feel it's important to clarify that NO ONE has been cleared in the case. This is against what the family says. Then at the same time TBI rep says they are not focusing on the immediae family. Oh well.......

Does anyone know WHO was the last person, OTHER THAN MOM, DAD and BROTHER, to speak with or physically see Holly before she vanished? Thanks.

TBI probably has little or nothing at this point. Which could mean that the abductor is more or less a stranger. Not that he had no previous contact with Holly. But that his previous contact might have been very minimal. He may have no obvious connection to her at all. The lack of results -- as far we know -- could be the result of TBI's incompetence. But it's just as likely due to a criminal who left few clues behind.

Thanks for the info. I just really find it odd why the TBI would feel it's important to clarify that NO ONE has been cleared in the case. This is against what the family says. Then at the same time TBI rep says they are not focusing on the immediae family. Oh well.......

Does anyone know WHO was the last person, OTHER THAN MOM, DAD and BROTHER, to speak with or physically see Holly before she vanished? Thanks.

The Perp......

Drew's mother stated that Apr.13th was the first night they were not together in about a year. What was the routine for them? Did Holly go to Drew's each night or did he go to the Bobo house? Did they sleep at each other's house since they were together every night?

We need an interview again...w/o the pastor, thank you.

When I heard what Drew's Mother stated (that Apr. 13th was the first night that Drew and Holly were not together in a year), it sounded like important information to me.

Don't we always look for any change in routine at the time of a crime?
What caused that change?

Drew's Mother knows and Holly's Mother talked to Drew sometime early that morning.

Something to think about ... if you were planning to abduct someone, would you walk right up to their house in broad daylight, stand on their carport and grab the victim? Then walk them casually through the yard and into the woods without drawing any alert from the brother that happen to see this play out? Why risk the possibility of being seen? Granted, it is a rural area. However, if the perpetrator had planned it and knew her schedule they had to know other people lived in that house and knew something about their schedule also and know there was a possibility that one of them might be there also. Why not wait until it was certain that she was more alone or do it under the cover of darkness? If this happened as reported, this was very blatant and deliberate act. In my opinion, this action sounds like it would be done by someone that felt very comfortable on the property ... someone that knew it and had been there before. Someone she knew and knew her. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to me.

When I heard what Drew's Mother stated (that Apr. 13th was the first night that Drew and Holly were not together in a year), it sounded like important information to me.

Don't we always look for any change in routine at the time of a crime?
What caused that change?

Drew's Mother knows and Holly's Mother talked to Drew sometime early that morning.

I think it was his Grandma...and I could not tell if she meant that the night of April 13, after Holly was taken, was the first night in a year they had been apart or if meant the 12th...I took it as the night of the 13th at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat1977