TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We now know that the Scots were observed on GMA's property that morning and did not have permission. This is very strange, imo. Wouldn't that put them in danger or at least in a very uncomfortable position?

Karen gives them permission but didn't tell the owner (her mother)? When did she decide this? and why didn't Clint know where Drew was going hunting...and furthermore, why wasn't Clint going with them? It was the first day of Turkey Hunting Season, that would be like Christmas for these people. Clint was a turkey hunter...Big Time, from what I read.

My red flags are waving...

We now know that the Scots were observed on GMA's property that morning and did not have permission. This is very strange, imo. Wouldn't that put them in danger or at least in a very uncomfortable position?

Karen gives them permission but didn't tell the owner (her mother)? When did she decide this? and why didn't Clint know where Drew was going hunting...and furthermore, why wasn't Clint going with them? It was the first day of Turkey Hunting Season, that would be like Christmas for these people. Clint was a turkey hunter...Big Time, from what I read.

My red flags are waving...

The grandmother gave him permission but another relative just didn't realize it:

One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.

A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111009/NEWS25/110090330/Final-hours-Holly-Family-friends-police-reconstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

Okay, so before 7:30, Drew calls Holly about his hunting on her GMA's property. If it was straightened out, why call Holly? Was he in the middle of hunting? At this time, he should have been finished hunting because he was showered, dressed and at his work by 8:00am...so it must have been conversation at best. Now why was Karen notified about something which was resolved and why all the flurry of calls AFTER the fact.

Karen is at her work and is taking phone calls like crazy starting about the time she arrived. Holly is talking to Drew, her mother, perhaps her GMA and her best friend from school. Clint is talking to Karen and trying to call Holly and Drew to see if they are together.

The neighbor is frantically calling Karen too. The only person at peace that morning was Dana.

The grandmother gave him permission but another relative just didn't realize it:

One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.

A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111009/NEWS25/110090330/Final-hours-Holly-Family-friends-police-reconstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

BBM...why all the confusion and phone calls? Drew was off property by then..and on his way to work. We have been told he was at work by 8:00am.

So...another relative (not named) observed Drew and his father on the GMA's property and/or so it appears and confronted them. Drew calls Holly about it. Holly calls her mom about it...at school. Holly's mom calls her mom about it. Why all the calls? As I said, it was over and Drew HAD to be getting ready for work by then. Was all this really necessary. Karen was already at school; why bother her with this nonsense?

While all this was going on, Clint was under the distinct impression that Drew was turkey hunting and was on the Bobo property. I can see why Clint thought this. It was said Drew hunted on Bobo property before. Now why not that day?

Where does Drew live? I assume he works in Parsons like everyone else.

Karen and Drew text each other every night? Remember that? Why?

I noticed from this article the weather that morning was not great...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...l-hours-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

It says it was 41 degrees out and damp, "The National Weather Service in Memphis said the low temperature in Parsons, a few miles from Darden, was 41 degrees. An inch of rain fell the day before. Sunrise was at 6:23 a.m."

Now Holly was reported missing wearing a pink tee shirt and flip flops. That strikes me as a bit odd. I would think she would have had a jacket of some sort and sneakers. The original missing reports did say she was wearing sneakers but that was later changed to black flip flops.

I can see calling around if there is some sort of confrontation between family members that day. So, if a random Uncle screams at Drew and his dad for being on the property and then Drew calling Holly and Holly calling her Mom...I mean, that might happen in my family if a relative confronted my boyfriend over a misunderstanding. From what I gather it is a fairly small, informal school so occasionally getting phone calls from kids before school formally starts probably wouldn't be a huge deal.

I also don't think it is weird they text every night. Drew is like her son. She is missing her daughter and he is missing the love of his life. They are probably family already. Once again, I hate to keep on bringing in anecdotes, but my boyfriend speaks to my parents a few times a week (every 2-3 days) just normally. If someone kidnapped me? I can see contacting each other even more often. They are probably all hurting a lot right now and leaning on each other/sharing information.

My initial thoughts with the new telling of the story is that it made it more believable for me. It felt more coherent and I felt more emotionally connected to what they were feeling and why they may have done what they did. But, after reading some of your fine comments I am doubting that initial reaction of mine. There are some things that really don't add up. I still don't get why Clint didn't walk outside or run into the woods sooner. That feels like victim blaming, but it just feels like if you have enough guts to pull out a loaded gun then you should also run to where you might need to use it to protect your sister instead of stand in the driveway until police appear?

I am thinking that maybe the nightly texting is mom asking Drew over and over if he can think of anything Holly ever said, anyone she was afraid of, nervous about, etc...anything she said that morning that he hadn't remembered before. That is what I get as an impression of what Mom would want...JMO

I thought the mom-Drew texting was something that happened before Holly went missing. I could be wrong, of course, no great surprise there.

I thought the mom-Drew texting was something that happened before Holly went missing. I could be wrong, of course, no great surprise there.

I believe she indicated she had been doing this every night since Holly went missing...in an article a few months back.

The only quote I have seen makes it sound like since Holly has been missing, but there has been so much misreporting and weird double speak type reporting and quotes that who knows? The only real true hard fact I know about this case is that a blonde girl named Holly is missing.

I remember right after the abduction, KB said they texted every night (before the abduction).

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...l-hours-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

It says it was 41 degrees out and damp, "The National Weather Service in Memphis said the low temperature in Parsons, a few miles from Darden, was 41 degrees. An inch of rain fell the day before. Sunrise was at 6:23 a.m."

Now Holly was reported missing wearing a pink tee shirt and flip flops. That strikes me as a bit odd. I would think she would have had a jacket of some sort and sneakers. The original missing reports did say she was wearing sneakers but that was later changed to black flip flops.

Carla - what you mentioned are good points!

Wonder if Holly didn't wear a jacket because it was her habit to quickly get into her car and for whatever reason she didn't like wearing a jacket while driving (would then have to get out car quickly and get into her school). Can't see going out with just flipflops..
Maybe she kept a jacket in her car in case of car problems...
LE would know all of this...
Assuming she was not in the habit of wearing a jacket, did Clint know this? Should make her going into the wood without a jacket seem strange to him then.

Speaking of strange things, I wounder how it was that word spread so fast that Holly was missing it seems within less than an hour (or how long was it?) that so many descended upon the home and crime scene.
With so many arriving, wonder if any might have actually driven past Holly being taken (if she was being driven away)...

Great find! She also told Hannah she was putting on her shoes. Someone brought up the fact that slipping on flip flops doesn't seem worth even mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay