TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm deflated =( Them only asking for 100 searchers in the AM is disheartening...gosh, Holly..hope you come home.

I'm hoping it means they have a specific area they really think needs to be searched. On the other hand, if it can wait till the am, it's not a place they think she's alive and being hidden.

I'm hoping she's using her smarts to stay alive.

Fewer searchers requested on a Sunday is disheartening...I am sure they could get many hundreds if they asked...

Ties in mention of involving other states in leads - sounds like LE believe whoever has her is on the move.

I wonder if the perp is someone she befriended as a student nurse...

Im taking the SUV as true not saying its related just taking in all the facts. I don't believe the neighbor would lie in a situation like this.. Also reported by people living in her area ....one of many forms with this information posted below...

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=493289

Thanks for the spell check - I downloaded iespell for you....

as always take what you need and let the rest go :) I am here to help!

I'm thinking she may have known the guy in the camo and he used some ruse to get her to willingly walk into the woods with him. Otherwise, with her brother right there in the house, wouldn't she have hollered or screamed for him?

She might be the smartest girl in the world, but that will only help her if she was ever given a chance to stay alive...

We all know the horrible stats about random/stranger abductions, especially if they are old enough to be a good witness.

I think she has a far better chance of being alive if it is someone she knows, even slightly, who may want her for his own, alive, in some psychotic way. A stranger would have no reason to keep her alive...I can't help thinking of Brooke Wilberger either, taken by a serial freak rapist/killer. I do think Holly was chosen, but hope it was by someone who knows her.

Why looking specific places? Looking in several counties b/c we've got people to help us - looking for any evidence.

In that area by Parsons I believe there are like 4 counties bordering that area. Decatur, Henderson, Benton and Carroll. They probablly have searchers volunteering from at least all 4 of those counties. MOO

True....could be someone she met during a clinical rotation. Perhaps a patient or family member of a patient. I had a former patient find me through my name tag.

In that area by Parsons I believe there are like 4 counties bordering that area. Decatur, Henderson, Benton and Carroll. They probablly have searchers volunteering from at least all 4 of those counties. MOO

also
Perry!

I wish they would give us more information, if they have any. As sad as it is to say, the longer this goes on with no possible perp, witness other than the brother, or clues, the more people tend to look at him as a suspect. If he's not (and I don't know that I think he is) it is just that much harder on him from a media/speculation perspective. I know LE says he and the boyfriend are both cleared, but I am beginning to wonder why.

I'm thinking she may have known the guy in the camo and he used some ruse to get her to willingly walk into the woods with him. Otherwise, with her brother right there in the house, wouldn't she have hollered or screamed for him?

What if the blood on the carport was the camo man's blood he cut himself on purpose and said he needed help, she went?

ok but if its his then LE has his dna...

I do not believe her brother did anything to her. But LE could have taken a lot of heat off of him at the PC by going over/clarifying the first hours of the case and chose not to do so.

I wish they would give us more information, if they have any. As sad as it is to say, the longer this goes on with no possible perp, witness other than the brother, or clues, the more people tend to look at him as a suspect. If he's not (and I don't know that I think he is) it is just that much harder on him from a media/speculation perspective. I know LE says he and the boyfriend are both cleared, but I am beginning to wonder why.

I dont understand it either!

I do not believe her brother did anything to her. But LE could have taken a lot of heat off of him at the PC by going over/clarifying the first hours of the case and chose not to do so.

this is true!

When I first heard of this case i was perplexed that the brother didnt go off after her, then after the story kept changing i didnt know what to think.

Im sure the brother is in the clear but thoughts run rampant in these cases!

Cluciano, that is the point I failed at making. I don't think he did, either, but the longer this goes on with nothing besides stories that change daily, the worse they make it for him.

Ties in mention of involving other states in leads - sounds like LE believe whoever has her is on the move.

*IF* she was already doing patient care, this is a possibility. In my first semester, I was proposed to twice. In my last semester, I had a patient so fixated on me that he would not let the Drs see him until I was in the room with him; and the day he was discharged, he came by the school looking for me (security informed me...). I also had another proposal from a patient in my last semester, too, and he was quite serious...showed me his bank account book to *prove* he could "afford me". LOL. In between those two semesters, there were girls followed after school by former patients (usually from third semester, when we worked in the psych floors), and so on.

It's hard, as a student nurse, to know how exactly to deal with this stuff. Thankfully, our hospital badges did not have our last names on them, but that's because of some problems in times past at our school. I don't know if it's that common, honestly, to take off the last names from student badges; and the 'regular' nurses have their last names (but most cover them with wound tape...LOL...).

It is not a stretch to imagine that she was identified by a patient as someone who was an easy target - my school hours had me leaving my house at 6 am, coming home between 6-7 pm, and during the fall/winter, that meant I was leaving in full dark and returning in full dark.

So, all this is to say that it's not at all impossible to think that this was a patient who decided to poke around; in a small community, I am positive it's easy to identify someone like her, with a relatively unusual last name...shoot, we do it all the time here - get the address from public records.

Dunno if that's what happened, but it's definitely a possiblity.

Best-
Herding Cats

Cluciano, that is the point I failed at making. I don't think he did, either, but the longer this goes on with nothing besides stories that change daily, the worse they make it for him.

I agree and the more they say things like leave the family alone, the more it makes people wonder...everything they say is open to interpretation...

They really should do a real PC. This is a life and death situation, and by already seeming to scale back on searching, it sends a message that maybe it is not a rescue mission. I know they are the experts, but I'm getting nothing but confusion and amateur hour here...

If that is the case, which it well could be, I wonder if she ever said anything to any of her friends about any particular patients?

I thought a female (neighbour?) called 911 around the same time the brother did. The female reported hearing screams? If the brother waited an hour to call 911... did the neighbour wait an hour too? Or did the neighbour hear the screams an hour later.

Does not make sense.

I thought the neighbor's call had been deemed untrue by LE? Or just never confirmed. It would be great to have a working list of all the information given and what has been disspelled at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member