TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

To Wonless: I have heard two stories. One story makes it sound like Holly's brother was home for an extended period of time; the other version is that he was only visiting for a few days. Obviously, clearing up which of these versions is reality could help you better analyze what the perpetrator could have known about the presence of people at Holly's house.

I had assumed based on details and various statements from assorted interviews etc that clint normally lived there, was going to school, etc. in no reports that I ever saw did it specifically say clint did not live at the family house.

Actually it wasn't my theory at all that the perp was dumb. I was thinking that, if you don't know exactly which teacher is WD's mom, or you mistake WD's mom for her sister KB, and you follow her home hoping to do some "investigation", but instead while you are on the property, you accidentally encounter HB walking to her car, and all of a sudden your plans change and you need to get rid of a witness..I think thats more likely than the perp targets HB intentionally, but I wouldn't say that possiblity could be totally dismissed either.

Where does Whitney live? Is she still at home with her parents, or does she have her own place? I had never heard of her before Holly went missing, but I'm not a big country music fan. I know of some of the major celebrities, but not all. How far is Darden from Nashville? Most rising stars prefer to live close to the home of country music. Kind of hard to boost your career if you aren't there, I would think.

If the perp followed Holly's mom home from work, then he would have had to spend the night on the property. School ends around 3:30 or so, teachers leave sometime after that. Holly was abducted after 7:30 the next morning.

I think it's more likely that someone was stalking Holly, I just doubt that it had anything to do with Whitney. Unless he was from around that area, and knew them, he may not have even realized there was a family connection, unless Holly went around bragging about it.

Whitney is from Scotts Hill TN and AFAIK has not lived in Darden. She was married in Gatlinberg TN last year and filed for a divorce this month.

With so much basic info available about pretty much anyone on the internet, I doubt someone somehow followed Holly's mom home thinking they were going to Whitney's house. I could have figured that out within a few minutes myself if I were so inclined.

Nothing can be dismissed but it does not seem logical that if you are just trespassing or poking around someones yard to all of a sudden assault, kidnap and probably kill them. That sort of escalation does not seem normal. And why not kill her on the spot rather than have some long winded conversation in the yard, garage, and then walk away

Agree! Things went much too smoothly for this not to be an well-planned... It seemed IMO that he figured he could get away with it even with Clint being home (as if he knew Clint might still be sleeping)...

Where does Whitney live? Is she still at home with her parents, or does she have her own place? I had never heard of her before Holly went missing, but I'm not a big country music fan. I know of some of the major celebrities, but not all. How far is Darden from Nashville? Most rising stars prefer to live close to the home of country music. Kind of hard to boost your career if you aren't there, I would think.

If the perp followed Holly's mom home from work, then he would have had to spend the night on the property. School ends around 3:30 or so, teachers leave sometime after that. Holly was abducted after 7:30 the next morning.

I think it's more likely that someone was stalking Holly, I just doubt that it had anything to do with Whitney. Unless he was from around that area, and knew them, he may not have even realized there was a family connection, unless Holly went around bragging about it.

As far as I know WD lives in Nashville..at least that is my inpression. She was a co-host for a Nashville based country music program for a short time, but I think that was before Holly's abduction.

It seems to me also that if someone had followed KB home, it makes sense they would have had to either say on the property, or have left and come back sometime early in the am. Im sure LE would have checked all the local hotel registary's, so that again would point to somebody who lived close by. The other thing is it might make sense, since Dana Bobo goes to work so early, he would likely be home by 3 if he started at 6. So the possiblity is that KB is followed home, but DB was home, so the prep waited for him to leave, would have been early the next morning.

First, to Eileen730. What you say is interesting. When this case first broke, I did my "reverse search" involving Holly Bobo and other names in this case. What I did was, use advanced search on Google in a fashion as to see hits only PRIOR to Holly's disappearance (there are too many hits for this search strategy to work now). What I found, was that this family is much like mine, almost invisible on the internet. If you want to see a few additional crumbs about Holly Bobo, type in her name as an EXACT phrase and search only within PDF files with 2009 and 2010 as an "all these words" phrase. She appears to have been an exceptional high school student, bright and motivated.

To Wonless: I have heard two stories. One story makes it sound like Holly's brother was home for an extended period of time; the other version is that he was only visiting for a few days. Obviously, clearing up which of these versions is reality could help you better analyze what the perpetrator could have known about the presence of people at Holly's house.

Im with you, never has been stated as a fact either way.

I understand your reasoning here and don't think you were bashing anyone. I have thought the same thing about a stalker type. These girls are beautiful girls both of them and either one could easily have wack jobs stalking them. I don't believe she was bashing WD for her home town video, just bringing up a different option, and one that could be painfully real.I live in a similar area as this in Missouri and girls this beautiful are the exception not the norm. I also think its a local that wanted one of these girls and had admired one or both of them from afar not thru any fault of their own. Bottom line HB and WD are the type that alot of stalker type people go after....IMO

I totally agree, either one of them could have been the victim of a stalker..
I have to admit that the WD stalker involved in HB abduction is a stretch..but I just think its to much of a coincidence.

Nothing can be dismissed but it does not seem logical that if you are just trespassing or poking around someones yard to all of a sudden assault, kidnap and probably kill them. That sort of escalation does not seem normal. And why not kill her on the spot rather than have some long winded conversation in the yard, garage, and then walk away

Because of the blood, my take on this is that very soon after the perp meets Holly in the garage/carport..he has committed two felonies, criminal trespass, and assualt...maybe the question is, what caused the perp to add on kidnapping and possibly murder..was it that Holly would recognize him?

Because of the blood, my take on this is that very soon after the perp meets Holly in the garage/carport..he has committed two felonies, criminal trespass, and assualt...maybe the question is, what caused the perp to add on kidnapping and possibly murder..was it that Holly would recognize him?

well just being on someone's property may/may not be a huge criminal issue. So if Holly opened up the back door and saw some guy in the back yard, and he just ran off... he probably would not be charged with much, or anything.

I do not think things "escalated" just randomly that this was, somehow, planned and thought out (for exactly what purpose I am not sure). I do think the suspect intended to go inside the house (he did to some extent by taking Holly from outside into the garage). And perhaps Clint and the dog spooked him. I think he did not know that Clint was home.

Again if it were to just silence a witness why not kill them on the spot. And since the suspect was dressed head to toe in camo, he could have also had a face mask or cover as to not be identified. After all Clint did not readily identify the suspect and only assumed it was Drew.

All I can do is reconstruct actual events based on the few known details, but we do not have motive, intent, ultimate goal, etc.

1) Holly went outside to her car, parked in the open car port behind the house.

2) Something happened and she screamed and was perhaps struck or hit.

3) Neighbor heard the screams. Dog barking wakes Clint up. Suspect and Holly apparently talked since Clint heard voices outside (in the yard)

4) Suspect and Holly entered the enclosed garage (I assume via the door Holly exited the house to go to her car, or a door near the carport)

5) Clint sees silhouettes in the garage and later finds blood in that spot

6) Clint goes away from garage area of the house, calls his mom

7) Clint sees Holly and suspect walking northward in the yard

8) Clint gets a gun and goes outside

9) Neighbor arrives on the scene and Clint talks to neighbor, does not pursue suspect

10) Law enforcement arrives and reportedly does not immediately pursue suspect

Thank you for your reply!
I know about the schools all the decaturville tmes articles im just talking about regular public records search...she just dosent show up
clint does Karen and Dana... never Holly
I just find it strange,,,
My kids show up so does my mom and sister among others.
There is no Holly bobo at all.

You cant find info on them but it does tell you the names in the family.
Just very strange!

Please let's NOT go down the "Holly never existed" train of thought again.

Please, peeps.

There are probably very logical or normal reasons why someone does not show up in a BASIC public record search. Age probably has to do a lot with it, and also not being involved in legal matters, having obtained things like a marriage license, property deed, etc. I finished a bankruptcy lately and my lawyer had some trouble finding some public record things about me that should have been easy to find, and he was using some data bases etc that the average person on the internet doesn't have access to.

I know this is off topic but I am so angry!

Jorelys Rivera gated community broad daylight savagely beaten, assaulted.
What is wrong with this society?? Little girls can't get drinks for their friends and play at the park. I know she wasn't supervised as she should have been but kids shouldn't have to be looking over their shoulder constantly.

Nursing students can't get their education to fulfill their dreams of helping others.

I really have had it! This guy is probably drinking one of the Cokes watching the tv coverage in that complex somewhere.

Holly's abuctor is going on with his life with the satisfaction he got away with it and will strike again.

I didn't want to ever share this but I have been a victim as a child. My abductor was a very respected member of our community. I know first hand the fear. Lucky for me when he took me in his car, someone followed and he was caught. Jorelys and likely Holly were not so lucky. This makes me so sad...I couldn't keep this to myself anymore.

I know this is off topic but I am so angry!

Jorelys Rivera gated community broad daylight savagely beaten, assaulted.
What is wrong with this society?? Little girls can't get drinks for their friends and play at the park. I know she wasn't supervised as she should have been but kids shouldn't have to be looking over their shoulder constantly.

Nursing students can't get their education to fulfill their dreams of helping others.

I really have had it! This guy is probably drinking one of the Cokes watching the tv coverage in that complex somewhere.

Holly's abuctor is going on with his life with the satisfaction he got away with it and will strike again.

I didn't want to ever share this but I have been a victim as a child. My abductor was a very respected member of our community. I know first hand the fear. Lucky for me when he took me in his car, someone followed and he was caught. Jorelys and likely Holly were not so lucky. This makes me so sad...I couldn't keep this to myself anymore.

:hug:

This is a very SMALL detail, but I read that HB's dad left money for gas on the kitchen counter for her. I never read whether she had actually taken that money or if it was still there. I am thinking that if it were still there, that might indicate that she meant to come back into the house before finally leaving.

This is a very SMALL detail, but I read that HB's dad left money for gas on the kitchen counter for her. I never read whether she had actually taken that money or if it was still there. I am thinking that if it were still there, that might indicate that she meant to come back into the house before finally leaving.

Its a good thought, It would explain alot of things, but why have the lunch bag and not the money. I was watching the Long Island Serial Killer special on A&E tonight, and I thought it was interesting to hear the family's say that the police won't tell them anything also. I guess that this must be more common than we think.

Been thinking about the different approach families take in these tragic cases - some are very outspoken and in the media, some are very quite and remain out the spotlight. I'm curious if in the recent cases of this year; has this made any difference?

I just saw a rerun of Disappeared about Morgan Harrington tonight and was thinking about this same thing. You asked for cases within the year, and I know Morgan disappeared in 2009, but it's still relevant.

I don't remember the exact wording, but Morgan's mom made a statement about how they decided to do as much as they could to get the word out, and in this case it did make a difference, maybe not in the resolution, but at least in terms of a sighting; because of all of the press coverage, a woman came forward saying she had seen Morgan that night and recognized her from the coverage.

I do have to say, though, although we haven't seen the Bobos as much as we've seen or heard from other families, I do think the local commnunity has been pretty saturated with flyers of Holly and are familiar with what she looks like. Having said this, of course if she's not close to home this won't be helpful, and I do agree that people nationally probably aren't as familiar with Holly Bobo as they may be with other missing persons.

I had assumed based on details and various statements from assorted interviews etc that clint normally lived there, was going to school, etc. in no reports that I ever saw did it specifically say clint did not live at the family house.

Though I have heard both stories (brother visiting vs. brother home most of the time), I tend to agree with you when the sum of all reports is considered. This is interesting, since if the perpetrator was familiar with the family schedule and waiting nearby, it would be quite bold to kidnap Holly while another family member is unaccounted for (had not left the house for work/school yet).

Though I have heard both stories (brother visiting vs. brother home most of the time), I tend to agree with you when the sum of all reports is considered. This is interesting, since if the perpetrator was familiar with the family schedule and waiting nearby, it would be quite bold to kidnap Holly while another family member is unaccounted for (had not left the house for work/school yet).

I suppose it would depend, perhaps, on these factors:

1) suspect did not know exactly who lived at the house and had, maybe, seen Dana and Karen leave and thought Holly was the only other member at home.

2) suspect did not care or was confident enough he could snatch Holly when she went outside

3) the kidnapping was not the main crime or reason why the suspect was there, ie a home invasion, burglary, etc. and the kidnapping became more of a crime of opportunity (not that I really believe this is what happened)

I somehow have this nagging feeling that MORE happened at the house that morning and that Clint (who has said the most) and LE (who has not said much) are speaking around a lot of details. I really don't think anyone is lying, but I do think that, to hide or protect various details of what did happen, the resulting story presented by Clint is choppy and full of holes.

Really until we get more details or some other new evidence comes up there is not much we can do about this case. All of us have spent 7 months going over every minute detail of the case that has been made public from day one, and with little real headway. I know my basic ideas about what happened were formed within the first few weeks/month.

I just keep coming back to the way the crime went down, from the limited facts that we know, that this crime could have been caused by HB happening upon the perp by accident. I mean, assuming that the perp was targeting HB, I just seems like he/she/they would have had to know that Clint was home..and if that was known, why spend so long at the crime scene. The blood and the spilled coke make it seem like HB's encounter with the perp was a suprise. I keep thinking maybe a suprise to both of them. But if this person or people, happen to be there on the property for whatever reason, be it stalking, or robbery, or some other reason, and HB walks into him/her/them, then the evidence seems to make more sense. I don't know..its easy to come up with a million different senerio's that could have happened when there is so little known about what actually happened.

I have a hard time with anyone going to a home with 2 dogs and
family that could or could not be home...
I cant see it...
Once the dogs start barking the perp would be gone.

this person knows her.
Could be family member or BF JMO

I suppose it would depend, perhaps, on these factors:

1) suspect did not know exactly who lived at the house and had, maybe, seen Dana and Karen leave and thought Holly was the only other member at home.

2) suspect did not care or was confident enough he could snatch Holly when she went outside

3) the kidnapping was not the main crime or reason why the suspect was there, ie a home invasion, burglary, etc. and the kidnapping became more of a crime of opportunity (not that I really believe this is what happened)

I somehow have this nagging feeling that MORE happened at the house that morning and that Clint (who has said the most) and LE (who has not said much) are speaking around a lot of details. I really don't think anyone is lying, but I do think that, to hide or protect various details of what did happen, the resulting story presented by Clint is choppy and full of holes.

Really until we get more details or some other new evidence comes up there is not much we can do about this case. All of us have spent 7 months going over every minute detail of the case that has been made public from day one, and with little real headway. I know my basic ideas about what happened were formed within the first few weeks/month.

If ya go back and listen to clint talk one thing that he has said over and over again is he thought it was DREW. That is one thing that has not changed ..
Could this be true?

We dont really know where he was that morning and the grandothers property
where it was said he was hunting is only 3o or so mins away from Hollys.

There are many things we dont know.
But Karen said she talks to Drew every night! Why?

Why have we heard nothing from him or any of his family.

Food for thought and JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member