TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paragliders? Again.....its like doing something to say "hey, we are trying", yet not really trying to find holly. If its a tough area, how about dropping searchers via helicopter?

I agree that ground searches would be more effective- but they are very challenging when it comes to grids that are so dense. Sometimes air searches can provide a tighter grid, and a possible search area can be narrowed down for future ground search efforts.

I think maybe the parasearch folk were just planning on being up in the air anyway, and thought to offer to keep an eye out for anything unusual?

I think use of para gliders is a good idea, especially after Karen Swift was found in kudzu vines ...

Here is an article on paragliders, and why they may be useful in the search for a missing person like Holly:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/story?id=7492914&page=1

I think this is the pertinent passage from that article:

The gliders have the ability to fly at low altitudes and controlled, low speeds, which may be useful in search-and-rescue operations and some types of surveillance.

I have seen gliders here in Tennessee many times and they can go right over the trees very low, and this time of year they can see all the way to the ground. So if some clothing was dumped in the woods they could see it.

My only problem is that any clothing discarded before the leaf dump would be covered by leaves right now. A body/skeleton too, for that matter. It wouldn't take much work to hide a body from the air.

Karen Swift was found by two people in the cemetery on foot, by the way, and not from the air. It was Gail Palmgren who was found from the air but only with infrared sensors that found her rather large Jeep. I doubt that her body was visible from the air because at first they couldn't find it since she was thrown out of the Jeep.

The Bobo's have been more quiet than I would be. My statement about the courthouse steps was a southern expression, but too much time is elapsing between statements or any information from the Bobo's. The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease and if they would be on some sort of media outlet every week, I believe they would be getting more LE attention. Just my opinion.

The Bobo's have been more quiet than I would be. My statement about the courthouse steps was a southern expression, but too much time is elapsing between statements or any information from the Bobo's. The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease and if they would be on some sort of media outlet every week, I believe they would be getting more LE attention. Just my opinion.

I agree, I can't see what harm it could do for the family to try to put pressure on LE; they have been very patient for a very long time, and in other cases, vocal families have had cases jumpstarted, etc...I think they have been far more patient than most would be in the same circumstances. TBI might not like it, but so what?

Ok, got it.
But I don't think they would have found semen in the garage, if this all took place within a few minutes. Just guessing, but I figure he didn't rape her and THEN lead her off into the woods.

The thing is this did not take just a few minutes... Holly and the suspect may have been wandering around the garage and back yard for 15-20 minutes. My example with semen in the garage is just an example. I was trying to explain (to you) how this MIGHT be useful in this case or in similar circumstances. Again, perhaps other physical evidence has been found and not disclosed to the public?

I really am not sure what the suspect and Holly did the whole time they were walking around chatting, "looking at a turkey" etc.

I think this is the pertinent passage from that article:

The gliders have the ability to fly at low altitudes and controlled, low speeds, which may be useful in search-and-rescue operations and some types of surveillance.

I have seen gliders here in Tennessee many times and they can go right over the trees very low, and this time of year they can see all the way to the ground. So if some clothing was dumped in the woods they could see it.

My only problem is that any clothing discarded before the leaf dump would be covered by leaves right now. A body/skeleton too, for that matter. It wouldn't take much work to hide a body from the air.

Karen Swift was found by two people in the cemetery on foot, by the way, and not from the air. It was Gail Palmgren who was found from the air but only with infrared sensors that found her rather large Jeep. I doubt that her body was visible from the air because at first they couldn't find it since she was thrown out of the Jeep.

According the the news I saw yesterday Karen Swift was found based on a called in tip and she was not just accidentally found by passers by

I don't get that. Who's private property and why would they refuse LE to go on to the property to look for a missing person? I thought Darden was a tight knit community (per the Sheriff). Why in the world would anyone not allow the searches? And if that's the case, LE should do whatever necessary to get a search warrant.

It sounds like the Bobos want a particular area searched so they have suspicion as to why that area.

I personally would not let anyone on any property I own, and I do not do anything illegal. Its just my right. There are probably a good many other people around who, for whatever reason do not want Cletus and Willie, the Feds or Barney Fife poking around their property either. I would not.

According the the news I saw yesterday Karen Swift was found based on a called in tip and she was not just accidentally found by passers by

I think that has been corrected...she was found by the pastor and another man who were going to look at a grave, or something like that...he was interviewed in an article, it is on her thread someplace yesterday or today...they found her by chance.

I personally would not let anyone on any property I own, and I do not do anything illegal. Its just my right. There are probably a good many other people around who, for whatever reason do not want Cletus and Willie, the Feds or Barney Fife poking around their property either. I would not.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would not but I respect your right not to. You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't.

I would if it was a missing person and I had nothing to hide. I guess the only reason I wouldn't is if I didn't trust LE and thought they may plant evidence in a desperate attempt to solve a crime and arrest me or a family member for a crime I didn't commit.

I wouldn't have any problem letting LE onto my property, or even into my house, if someone was missing. Maybe I would want to be there and watch them search, or have someone I trust with them, but I certainly would never refuse access. JMO

I think using paragliders would be a great way to see if someone has a hidden shed or building deep on their property.

With such a dearth of information given to the public, we're far enough along in this case to entertain "law enforcement protecting someone, or protecting its own" scenarios.

And Mrs. B. did ask for more help, once - she asked for President Obama, which was basically, I think, a plea for federal intervention in this case. The family seems almost afraid to speak out further.

The silence is deafening.

Mrs B calls LE everday and they tell her the same thing. No new news. This was in an interview previously posted on WS.

i personally would not let anyone on any property i own, and i do not do anything illegal. Its just my right. There are probably a good many other people around who, for whatever reason do not want cletus and willie, the feds or barney fife poking around their property either. I would not.

barney.jpg

Oh come on, Carla! Barney would be a big help!! :) He was a classic! I wonder if any police departments give out Barney Fife awards?

Through another forum (a medical one) I talked to someone that lives in the area.
I asked them what they knew about the Holly Bobo case but am still waiting
for a reply. I will let you know what I hear if they respond.

I was rereading through a lot of the old posts and saw that discussion of a significant item being found, and that it may be a phone (another poster later mentioning an iphone?).This is just my opinion, but If this is the case why not look at the application location data stored on the phone along with the carrier IQ? The carrier IQ (from my understanding) stores a lot of information and records location when you do things on your phone. Both App Location Data and Carrier IQ are both easily accessible. I bring this up because Carrier IQ is a recently discovered thing (last couple of months) and may be something that LE/investigators haven't looked at yet.

I think that has been corrected...she was found by the pastor and another man who were going to look at a grave, or something like that...he was interviewed in an article, it is on her thread someplace yesterday or today...they found her by chance.

eh ok thanks I had seen the sheriff (?) on tv giving an interview saying how they were found and how according to him it was based on a tip and not random. So IDK there.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would not but I respect your right not to. You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't.

I would if it was a missing person and I had nothing to hide. I guess the only reason I wouldn't is if I didn't trust LE and thought they may plant evidence in a desperate attempt to solve a crime and arrest me or a family member for a crime I didn't commit.

Having said that... I would search myself. I would want to make sure no one was doing anything on my property without my knowledge. I have no prob with helping in that regard.

But as to just letting anyone else do it, I have had direct experiences with police etc where they have lied, set me up, etc. I have a friend who was framed and railroaded as being a child molester (he was fully acquitted in court). Basically cops jumped the gun, made up this big story and stuck it on him to have a suspect and to make themselves look good. They are always looking for someone to take the fall and to cover up for either their ineptness or their own involvment in crimes

Ok the serial killer theory makes it to mainstream media.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/30007285/detail.html

Interesting idea but myself I do not see many similarities here except that the missing people are women. Most of these cases do have some sort of person of interest or suspect or at least suspicious person. Ex husband, shady friends, etc.

Oh, I agree completely, they should be begging for help but how do we know they're not? They could be in touch with the investigators every day, we just don't hear about it.
I just meant that parking oneself on the courthouse steps and demanding answers is not a great way to deal with LE, it tends to make them upset. The best way to handle it is to cooperate, keep the lines of communication open and let LE handle the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong