TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is this did not take just a few minutes... Holly and the suspect may have been wandering around the garage and back yard for 15-20 minutes. My example with semen in the garage is just an example. I was trying to explain (to you) how this MIGHT be useful in this case or in similar circumstances. Again, perhaps other physical evidence has been found and not disclosed to the public?

I really am not sure what the suspect and Holly did the whole time they were walking around chatting, "looking at a turkey" etc.

I realize what you are saying. I think the problem is, you were generalizing and I was speaking about this specific case. What might be useful in another case may not have any impact on this one, IMO.

I think that has been corrected...she was found by the pastor and another man who were going to look at a grave, or something like that...he was interviewed in an article, it is on her thread someplace yesterday or today...they found her by chance.

Actually, it's probably both. I would assume that the two men saw what looked like a body and then called it in. LE would consider that a tip, assuming that the men didn't try to ID the body.

Ok the serial killer theory makes it to mainstream media.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/30007285/detail.html

Interesting idea but myself I do not see many similarities here except that the missing people are women. Most of these cases do have some sort of person of interest or suspect or at least suspicious person. Ex husband, shady friends, etc.

Neither do I and I agree with Paige's mom:

Johnson's mother is skeptical, however.
"This serial killer stuff, it's a bunch of bull," Donna Johnson said. "It's not true. It's not true in Paige's case."

Having said that... I would search myself. I would want to make sure no one was doing anything on my property without my knowledge. I have no prob with helping in that regard.

But as to just letting anyone else do it, I have had direct experiences with police etc where they have lied, set me up, etc. I have a friend who was framed and railroaded as being a child molester (he was fully acquitted in court). Basically cops jumped the gun, made up this big story and stuck it on him to have a suspect and to make themselves look good. They are always looking for someone to take the fall and to cover up for either their ineptness or their own involvment in crimes

I hear you.

Having said that... I would search myself. I would want to make sure no one was doing anything on my property without my knowledge. I have no prob with helping in that regard.

But as to just letting anyone else do it, I have had direct experiences with police etc where they have lied, set me up, etc. I have a friend who was framed and railroaded as being a child molester (he was fully acquitted in court). Basically cops jumped the gun, made up this big story and stuck it on him to have a suspect and to make themselves look good. They are always looking for someone to take the fall and to cover up for either their ineptness or their own involvment in crimes

That does happen, but it isn't the norm in most cases. And I disagree with your "always looking for someone to take the fall." SOME cops are corrupt, true, and they like to solve cases, but they are not ALL out to pin it on just anybody and they are not ALL inept.
Our justice system is not perfect by any means but the blame can often be equally attributed to corrupt lawyers, DA's, even judges, and everybody in between. It's not always the cops' fault, sometimes the corruption goes clear to the top of the chain.

That does happen, but it isn't the norm in most cases. And I disagree with your "always looking for someone to take the fall." SOME cops are corrupt, true, and they like to solve cases, but they are not ALL out to pin it on just anybody and they are not ALL inept.
Our justice system is not perfect by any means but the blame can often be equally attributed to corrupt lawyers, DA's, even judges, and everybody in between. It's not always the cops' fault, sometimes the corruption goes clear to the top of the chain.

I agree.

Sometimes it seems like when one is good, honest, ethical, responsible in any chosen profession in this world these days- they can't 'win' public support no matter what. A cop, a judge, a victim, a jury. Everyone gets called into question. Then the lack of public support hinders investigations even more than already hindered, by nature of the fact that LE is not psychic... and walks into cases blind- just like we all do.
So why is that the mentality of so many?

Where is the evidence that LE has been anything other than honorable and diligent in Holly's case?

Where is the evidence that LE has been anything other than honorable and diligent in Holly's case?

well the parents said that the cops seemed to waste time and do nothing just sitting around in their front yard for hours before even starting to search the woods. Thats pretty less than diligent IMHO

Why do I feel in my heart that the person/s who did this are known....perhaps by LE, or even the Bobo family?

I can't think of any reason why anyone would not but I respect your right not to. You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't.

I would if it was a missing person and I had nothing to hide. I guess the only reason I wouldn't is if I didn't trust LE and thought they may plant evidence in a desperate attempt to solve a crime and arrest me or a family member for a crime I didn't commit.

OT: but what if someone unknown to you dropped or left something illegal on your property - then the burden of explaining is upon you -
(not arguing, just saying)

OT: but what if someone unknown to you dropped or left something illegal on your property - then the burden of explaining is upon you -
(not arguing, just saying)

I would have to be absolutely certain that I wasn't the focus of their investigation nor any of my family members and the only reason they wanted to search my property would be to help find the missing person. We've seen many cases where LE have gone door to door and some even allowed LE inside their homes and to search their land (without search warrants). I see nothing wrong with it as long as there is a mutual trust as I've explained earlier.

well the parents said that the cops seemed to waste time and do nothing just sitting around in their front yard for hours before even starting to search the woods. Thats pretty less than diligent IMHO

I thought LE searched the immediate area within 20 minutes of arrival, and then wanted the community to stay back because the scene was uncontrolled- and also while they waited for a dog team to arrive and while they processed the scene fully? Am I misunderstanding initial reports completely?

What source is the 'sitting in their front yard for hours' from? TIA.

I thought LE searched the immediate area within 20 minutes of arrival, and then wanted the community to stay back because the scene was uncontrolled- and also while they waited for a dog team to arrive and while they processed the scene fully? Am I misunderstanding initial reports completely?

Dana or Karen said it. Again its been discussed here and there were some news articles where LE rebutted the Bobo's statements.

There is apparently some controversy over what happened or didn't happen that morning and how quickly it happened or didn't happen.

Ok here is again...

But Holly’s father said no one was allowed into the woods to search until the canine units and helicopter had arrived.

“It just seemed like everybody sat in the yard and in the driveway. And they didn't set out to put road blocks at a distance, to stop people driving. And just everybody stayed here,” said Dana Bobo, Holly’s father.

The family gets frustrated sometimes, thinking of what could have been done to find Holly within those first crucial hours.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story

Ok here is again...

But Holly’s father said no one was allowed into the woods to search until the canine units and helicopter had arrived.

“It just seemed like everybody sat in the yard and in the driveway. And they didn't set out to put road blocks at a distance, to stop people driving. And just everybody stayed here,” said Dana Bobo, Holly’s father.

The family gets frustrated sometimes, thinking of what could have been done to find Holly within those first crucial hours.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story

I see.
But that sounds like LE was trying to control the scene- which is quite common, and not necessarily a bad idea? But probably very frustrating for the family.

I don't know that it means that LE was necessarily negligent?

With the kind of delay that Holly's parent indicate in the above statement, Holly was already up or more than an hour away, or could have been...and not setting up roadblocks was, IMO, a major fail...of course it is all hindsight, but by the time LE all got there, it must have been pretty clear that Holly was not going to reappear from the woods on her own and was unlikely to still be a few steps into the woods...stopping traffic on the various roads in the area would have been a good start...

Yes - the roadblocks would have been a good idea - even if search is not thorough, using a car or spotter to see who tries to avoid the block would be helpful.
But a quick decision would have to have been made about allocating resources to the blocks versus showing up at the home...

I understand that at the moment of an abduction, family members go into shock and disbelief. None of us knows how we would respond.

However, knowing my husband, hell and all its demons wouldn't stop him from going into the woods if one of our children was taken....

Ok here is again...

Well, doesn't this totally contradict the other article <Jackson Sun> where Clint Bobo said the cops allowed everyone to go into the woods and he was the one who had to stop them because he was concerned about possible evidence contamination? I'll have to locate the article if it's still available, of course. :sigh:

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16326970/men-who-found-karen-swifts-body-recount-story

Here is story from the men who found Karen Swift's body...they were inspecting the cemetery due to some overturned headstones...and saw an arm protruding from behind some wilting vegetation...if LE calls that a "tip" they are being a bit coy, IMO...just hoping that if Holly is out there to be found, it may happen in a similar way, and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth