TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clint said the neighbor told him about the scream when he drove up onto the property...which would mean Mom did not tell him? Clint said that was what convinced him she was in trouble, finally..IIRC.

Are you saying that KB told Clint to grab a gun and go after them, but didn't tell him about the scream being heard? Maybe at this point KB did not know about the scream?

Are you saying that KB told Clint to grab a gun and go after them, but didn't tell him about the scream being heard? Maybe at this point KB did not know about the scream?

I thought the reason the neighbor called mom was to report the scream...so I really don't know...if mom was in such a panic she may have neglected to tell Clint about the scream, thinking that telling him to get a gun and go would be good enough...JMO

I thought the reason the neighbor called mom was to report the scream...so I really don't know...if mom was in such a panic she may have neglected to tell Clint about the scream, thinking that telling him to get a gun and go would be good enough...JMO

IDK. I can't fathom KB forgetting to mention the scream to Clint. The knowledge of the scream is what seemed to put KB in a panic. It's very confusing because of the way story has been laid out IMO.

IDK. I can't fathom KB forgetting to mention the scream to Clint. The knowledge of the scream is what seemed to put KB in a panic. It's very confusing because of the way story has been laid out IMO.

Like I said no one does/says things the way you or I or most people would do. I have not heard or read where Karen told Clint about the screams per se. I know the neighbor called Karen about them. And karen said Clint did not hear them becuase he was sleeping...

Its kind of like the story about a group of blind men describing an elephant - the one that touches the tusk says an elephant is like a spear. The one that touches the tail says the elephant is like a rope. The man that touches his leg says an elephant is like a tree... We get little bits of the story from various people that (aside from Clint) were not even there...

Like I said no one does/says things the way you or I or most people would do. I have not heard or read where Karen told Clint about the screams per se. I know the neighbor called Karen about them. And karen said Clint did not hear them becuase he was sleeping...

Its kind of like the story about a group of blind men describing an elephant - the one that touches the tusk says an elephant is like a spear. The one that touches the tail says the elephant is like a rope. The man that touches his leg says an elephant is like a tree... We get little bits of the story from various people that (aside from Clint) were not even there...

I’ve never read about KB relaying the knowledge of the scream to Clint either. I want to know whether KB found out about the scream before she heard from Clint. (I don’t know if KB and Clint spoke more than once on the phone.)

Was Clint told about the screams from his mother? This info has been left out of the narrative. For my own sleuthing purposes I find it to be an important question. However, I realize it may never be answered.

jmo

I’ve never read about KB relaying the knowledge of the scream to Clint either. I want to know whether KB found out about the scream before she heard from Clint. (I don’t know if KB and Clint spoke more than once on the phone.)

Was Clint told about the screams from his mother? This info has been left out of the narrative. For my own sleuthing purposes I find it to be an important question. However, I realize it may never be answered.

jmo

From what I have pieced together from the "ever changing" story...here it goes:

Neighbor son hears cream tells mom

Mom calls Karen at school
(now in here someplace Clint tries to get Karen) but she is in library so mom does not answer

Mom calls home and gets Clint (never mentions scream), Apparently she must ask Clint where is Holly--this is when

Clint tells mom "yea, just saw her go in woods with Drew"

Karen says "that's not Drew --Get the Gun"

Then all hell breaks lose, Neighbor pulls up, Clint with gun,Police arrive---and Oh yea, everybody (including half the town) just stands around in the driveway.

Well I think that's the way it went:waitasec:

What really is baffling to me is that EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has done here is not necessarily what "normal" people do in situations all the time. And its not just like one person did something out of the norm, but EVERYONE. Thats what makes this case so frustrating.

I am not blaming anyone for anything really, but its so odd that so many people did what, in most cases, are probably the exact opposite of what you or I (well at least I) would do. And its not like I am making this up... its what happened...

Clint hears strange voices outside, doesn't go to look

Clint sees unidentifable silhouettes in the garage, doesn't go in to look

Clint calls his mom to see who is in the garage

Mom instantly freaks out and begins calling 911 and speeding home. She does tell Clint to get a gun...

Clint sees his sister and the stranger walking away but seemingly is not hurried even after talking to his mom, having a gun, and finding blood

Clint goes outside but does not pursue his sister, nor does he call 911 he stops to talk to a neighbor who heard screams. Clint says he thinks his sister is not coming home soon...

Law enforcement arrives and according to some accounts cordons off the woods but does not enter

Law enforcement waits for other members of law enforcement to arrive

Some sort of search dogs may/may not have been used quickly or effectively.

Road blocks were not set up quickly or even for a day or two, and only in one direction

Family makes no immediate public statement

Law enforcement makes a few rather vague and contradictory statements that later are contradicted by Clint on a TV interview

Media make contradictory and confusing reports

Family still makes no live pleas on TV. After some time releases a hand written note of appreciation via their pastor.

After about Easter LE makes no further statements. No real useful info had been released after just the first couple of days or week into the investigation.

Several months into the case, the family appears, finally, on the Jane Velez Mitchell show, and the story told first hand contradicts the second and third hand LE and media accounts in some ways. It also confuses things.

The family makes one or two more interviews for local TV and newspaper but really ads nothing new to what has been stated.

Holly's Cousin makes the odd statement that she doesnt want to know what happened. And it was either she or Holly's mom that had said people wouldn't question the family if they really knew what happened.

LE has yet to provide any more info about anything.

Family spokesperson says he hopes for a resolution by the end of the year. (not that anyone has any idea what is happening)

THANK YOU. :yesss::bow::aktion::bowdown:

You said exactly what I have been trying to say but could not explain it. :tyou:

My son is 23 and my daughter 20. I cannot even imagine a scenario, in which he hears her speaking in the garage, with strange muffled voices, and his response would be to call me at work and ask ME what's up. He would have called out to the garage, or looked for himself. We too have weapons and ammo. If he was concerned about the situation then would have loaded up a weapon and called for help AS HE WENT OUTSIDE TO LOOK FOR HIS SISTER. This whole story just seems so out of whack to me.

My son is 23 and my daughter 20. I cannot even imagine a scenario, in which he hears her speaking in the garage, with strange muffled voices, and his response would be to call me at work and ask ME what's up. He would have called out to the garage, or looked for himself. We too have weapons and ammo. If he was concerned about the situation then would have loaded up a weapon and called for help AS HE WENT OUTSIDE TO LOOK FOR HIS SISTER. This whole story just seems so out of whack to me.

I would consider it even MORE likely that a brother would call out into the carport if he and his sister's boyfriend were friends who had been hunting and fishing together. Think about it....why not just open the door and say, "Hey guys, whatcha doin'?"

If Clint truly thought this camo-man was Drew, then none of this makes sense....he would not be afraid to call out to Drew in the carport or even as his sister went across the yard and into the woods. If he considered the individual as a dangerous or threatening stranger, then it would stand to reason that he knew it wasn't Drew.

I don't think we will ever figure this out until more information is released. How sad.

From what I have pieced together from the "ever changing" story...here it goes:

Neighbor son hears cream tells mom

Mom calls Karen at school
(now in here someplace Clint tries to get Karen) but she is in library so mom does not answer

Mom calls home and gets Clint (never mentions scream), Apparently she must ask Clint where is Holly--this is when

Clint tells mom "yea, just saw her go in woods with Drew"

Karen says "that's not Drew --Get the Gun"

Then all hell breaks lose, Neighbor pulls up, Clint with gun,Police arrive---and Oh yea, everybody (including half the town) just stands around in the driveway.

Well I think that's the way it went:waitasec:

BBM
If this is true, I find it very troubling.
However, I am having a hard time buying it. I just can't accept KB not telling Clint about screams being heard. The neighbor calling KB at school is the "alarm going off" that something is wrong at the house. For KB not to mention it to Clint does not make any sense.

This case makes me feel like I am the only crazy person in a crowded nut house.

jmo

BBM
If this is true, I find it very troubling.
However, I am having a hard time buying it. I just can't accept KB not telling Clint about screams being heard. The neighbor calling KB at school is the "alarm going off" that something is wrong at the house. For KB not to mention it to Clint does not make any sense.

This case makes me feel like I am the only crazy person in a crowded nut house.

jmo

:nuts::nuts::nuts::spinner::nuts::nuts::nuts:

Trust me...you are not alone.

I would consider it even MORE likely that a brother would call out into the carport if he and his sister's boyfriend were friends who had been hunting and fishing together. Think about it....why not just open the door and say, "Hey guys, whatcha doin'?"

If Clint truly thought this camo-man was Drew, then none of this makes sense....he would not be afraid to call out to Drew in the carport or even as his sister went across the yard and into the woods. If he considered the individual as a dangerous or threatening stranger, then it would stand to reason that he knew it wasn't Drew.

I don't think we will ever figure this out until more information is released. How sad.

So SOMEthing, some piece of info, is MISSING from what we have been told that would explain the parts that don't make sense. It has something to do with the family, perhaps only one of them, perhaps all. I lean toward it having something to do with Clint, something about his ability to read and respond appropriately to the situation as it unfolded that morning. Could be something physical - he might have been sick in some way or had some sort of injury. Could be something emotional - he might have be struggling with depression or anxiety or some other mental illness. Maybe he and Holly had been arguing recently and had stopped speaking to each other, or he and Drew had a fight and they were not friends any more. I understand that we have been given NO INFO that any of this speculation could be true, but that is exactly the point. WITHOUT the missing pieces of info, we are left to fill-in the blanks with something that would help us make sense of this.

I also suspect this missing (to us) piece of info is something that recently happened or developed, perhaps even the night before that fateful morning. There has been almost nothing reported about the family's activities in the days leading up to Holly's abduction. Why is that?

If this were any other case, Clint would be considered a POI. For some reason, he garners alot of support even though nobody has been ruled out.

Clint was witness/last person to see Holly. Blood was found. Clint had a weapon. Clint vanished for several months after Holly went missing, even though his story is the key to this case. i can see keeping a child out of the spotlight, but Clint was 25.

I am not saying clint is involved. I am just saying if this was any other case, he would be a big focus!

If this were any other case, Clint would be considered a POI. For some reason, he garners alot of support even though nobody has been ruled out.

Clint was witness/last person to see Holly. Blood was found. Clint had a weapon. Clint vanished for several months after Holly went missing, even though his story is the key to this case. i can see keeping a child out of the spotlight, but Clint was 25.

I am not saying clint is involved. I am just saying if this was any other case, he would be a big focus!

I agree. Maybe he is a focus but they just aren't saying it and LE is watching and waiting for a slip-up.

---------

Your post made me think about how that scream must have sounded to the neighbor's son, that is, to cause him and his mom to be alarmed to that degree.

I study acting/voice acting and there are many ways to scream and defining characteristics. Wish we could ask questions of the neighbor's son.

We've talked before about that oftentimes we hear children screaming when they play, or the type of screams an adult who is scared of mice or spiders, or being playfully thrown into the water would make, or while on a roller coaster.

So, for me, at least, that particular scream would have had to elicit in him that the person was in danger or pain for example.

I would guess it was loud and piercing, but that is merely guessing. So many questions I would ask.

Just some examples:

Was it one long or short scream or a series; for example, was the scream muffled for a moment, then resumed. About how far from the two houses does he think it was. Were there any words contained in it, such as No! Stop! Help! Rape! And most importantly to me is: Did he recognize that it was Holly's voice? If so, when did he realize it was her? And, when did it happen?

As usual, questions.

P.S.: I distinctly remember the scream I made when I was attacked and raped, that is, after I pushed this person away from me.

Also, I remember performing a role where people said they literally were levitated off their seats by my bloodcurdling scream. Now that I think of it, there were several roles where I was required to scream in various scenarios.

Wow, CC, so very sorry to hear you had been attacked and raped. I suppose this terrible experience gives you a unique insight into crime and it's ramifications few of us will ever know. Surviving that assault and living with the aftermath can not be easy, you have shown a great deal of courage.

The "SCREAM"---Well that is the thing that is the biggest problem for me to reconcile:

Consider a scream... urgent enough to signify danger only being heard by 1 person. He is 350 yrds away from the Bobo home , but Clint does not hear it, nor does the neighbors Mother, who for all intents and purposes is living right where the son was able to hear it?
Now we add that Karen being alerted by this scream, never mentions it to Clint when she checks home??

I know this sounds strange, but I cannot stop myself from considering -----

There never was a "scream"--it was used to stage the timeline for the crime to be 7:40, and then we must ask WHY? Had something happened prior to morning?

So, need one of you sleuths to come up with some theories as to why I am a little squirrely in that thinking!

I might be wrong but I thought the neighbor mom was the one who heard it, and told her son to stop at the Bobo house...?

I might be wrong but I thought the neighbor mom was the one who heard it, and told her son to stop at the Bobo house...?

I thought the son heard it, but passed the messege onto his mom cuz he was late for work?

Hypothetical:
Let’s say Clint was aware of the scream (either his mother told him [which is very likely by the way] or he heard it himself). Now what? Clint is now aware that Holly is in a dangerous situation. And what does he do next: He gets instructions from his mother to get a gun, which he does. He then goes out into the yard and gives his attention to the neighbor who drives up. So he never attempts to rescue Holly? Why not?

jmo

Hypothetical:
Let’s say Clint was aware of the scream (either his mother told him [which is very likely by the way] or he heard it himself). Now what? Clint is now aware that Holly is in a dangerous situation. And what does he do next: He gets instructions from his mother to get a gun, which he does. He then goes out into the yard and gives his attention to the neighbor who drives up. So he never attempts to rescue Holly? Why not?

jmo

I will try to find the interview (don't hold me to it) but I could swear Clint said he ONLY became afraid for Holly when the neighbor pulled up to report the scream that was heard (by he or his mom.) And then stopped in his tracks and dialed 911. Does anyone else recall this? This was AFTER talking to Mom at least once, if not twice, AFTER seeing blood, after getting his gun, IIRC. If I am not wrong, the blood, gun, and mom's panic did nothing to convince him of an emergency, only the report from the neighbor. And at that point, he decided to "preserve the scene."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993