TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this person was said to be wearing "turkey camo" wouldn't it be possible he had a hunting license? Did LE check all of the records of people who had purchased hunting licenses with the turkey tag? Just a thought.

The turkey camo is a rumor only. Someone wrote one time that it "might have been" turkey camo - not sure why. Maybe it was turkey season.

But I think that's just a long-running rumor.

Been meaning to address this, but why on earth would they bring cadaver dogs into the house? Her brother saw her being led into the woods, walking on her own two feet, she obviously wasn't dead. I doubt that they even suspected anything else at that point.
Believe it or not, LE has to start from what the family says initially and go from there. Until something else starts them going in a different direction, they have no choice but to begin with the facts they are told right at first. If you mean did they bring in cadaver dogs later on, I don't know, but unless they have good reason to suspect a death occurred in the home, they wouldn't have, I'm pretty sure.

Because people lie sometimes.

And the brother was the only witness, so all they have to go on is rather bizarre story.

I've seen cases go cold until a new chief of police or sheriff gets appointed and other detectives get assigned to the case.

Maybe Sheriff Wyatt is too emotionally invested in this case. I've never seen a Sheriff cry when an adult goes missing or is kidnapped. Yes if and when a body is found, they do tend to become emotional but on the same day of the abduction? It shows a weakness. I'm not saying this as criticism but only to show that sometimes not the right people are made to take on such a task to find a missing person. I'm sure many mistakes were made because of this.

My opinion only.

He was elected, and that's the case in most counties in Tennessee, I think.

Interesting article from November 2010 about Sheriff Wyatt's life as both a Baptist minister and in Law Enforcement:
http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3593

Wyatt, who has served as pastor of Darden Baptist Church here since 1999, was elected sheriff of Decatur County in 2006.

In August (2010), he was re-elected to a second four-year term.

(snip)

Law enforcement has been a part of Wyatt’s life since the late 1970s. He has run the gamut, serving as a county deputy, a city policeman and finally sheriff.

(snip)

He noted that Decatur County has the same problems as most other counties in Tennessee. “As much as 86-90 per cent of our crime is drug-related,” he said.

Overall, the crime rate is not that bad. “We are probably a little below the national average,” he said.

The 65-year-old sheriff said he does not know for sure if he will seek another term in four years. He laughed, however, that his wife threw away his re-election signs following his victory in August.

ETA: More at link ~ it mentions that he was shot once in the line of duty and spent months in intensive care. And between being a pastor and a sheriff he is on call 24 hours a day.

But it's easy to see how there could be conflicts between his two jobs, especially in a complicated case like this. Even if he wasn't pastor of a church, he would probably still know the family because Darden is such a small place.

The turkey camo is a rumor only. Someone wrote one time that it "might have been" turkey camo - not sure why. Maybe it was turkey season.

But I think that's just a long-running rumor.

I think where the idea of turkey camo came from is Clint's insistence that he
thought it was Drew, who would have been wearing turkey camo.
Clint stated that he had a conversation the night before about Drew's hunting trip.

So for him to have confused them would be to assume this person whom he
described as also wearing what a turkey hunter would wear.

I think where the idea of turkey camo came from is Clint's insistence that he
thought it was Drew, who would have been wearing turkey camo.
Clint stated that he had a conversation the night before about Drew's hunting trip.

So for him to have confused them would be to assume this person whom he
described as also wearing what a turkey hunter would wear.

One thing I have always wondered and probably dosen't even matter but, we all saw the pics of Clint and Drew with all the dead ducks. So it stands to reason Clint was a hunter. Why wasen't Clint out turkey hunting himself. Turkey season here in Missouri is kinda a bonding time so to speak for the guys not like deer season but if they are a dedicatied hunter they are out that first morning for sure. That has always made me wonder. Correct me if I am wrong when the story 1st broke didn't it come out that Drew was at work maybe like 30 mins away then all of a sudden he is at Holly's GM's land hunting? Like I said probably means nothing but crossed my mind more
than once.

One thing I have always wondered and probably dosen't even matter but, we all saw the pics of Clint and Drew with all the dead ducks. So it stands to reason Clint was a hunter. Why wasen't Clint out turkey hunting himself. Turkey season here in Missouri is kinda a bonding time so to speak for the guys not like deer season but if they are a dedicatied hunter they are out that first morning for sure. That has always made me wonder. Correct me if I am wrong when the story 1st broke didn't it come out that Drew was at work maybe like 30 mins away then all of a sudden he is at Holly's GM's land hunting? Like I said probably means nothing but crossed my mind more
than once.
Clint was said to have a paper he was planning to write that day.

I have been away for a while. Sorry if this has already been posted but I just saw this photo gallery. A few pictures I hadn't seen before.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10007417.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Thank you for posting these pictures, I had not seen many of them. This is my opinion and my opinion only, but from the very first time I saw a picture of HB and DS together, my first thought was, that they surely didn't look matched. He is a nice looking guy, but he looks like a tall little boy, while HB looks like a very beautiful young woman. That has nothing to do with the case I know, but just an aside thought I had.:waitasec:

Personally, I feel that Clint has told the truth as best he can. I don't think he knows who took Holly and I don't believe Drew does either. I think Clint turned out to be what is possibly the world's worst witness for a crime taking place before his eyes, and that the man who did abduct Holly had no idea of how lucky he would be in having Clint be his witness. In fact, if Clint hadn't seen anything at all, it might be thought that Holly ran off alone, so really, the only thing he has been able to confirm is that she left with someone. If not for the blood, he couldn't even say she had not done so willingly. As much as I lack faith in this LEA, I don't envy them for having Clint be their main hope for clues. JMO

I do not believe Clint needs to be defended. Holly needs to be found. And to do so, if Clint needs to be investigated by LE, so be it. Clint’s tale is quite suspicious to say the least. As in, why didn’t Clint hear a vehicle pulling away (a pickup truck, or a car?). He had no problem hearing the cop cars driving up the road. (I know - he had a bee in his ear at the time and couldn’t hear. Whatever.)

jmo

I am interested in an area S of Parsons- Savannah TN- the Dry Creek area. It's about an hour S of Darden- you go through Parsons, then down 69 through Decauterville.
Are there any locals on WS's who may have knowledge of this area, and fishing camps/ATV routes/campgrounds, etc? TIA.

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-dry-creek-savannah-tn/

So frustrating. I fail to understand TBI in this case. Volunteer searchers were willing and ready to continue searching but TBI announced no more searches.

On April 27 TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm announced that the investigation is narrowing and that they know a lot more than they did when Holly first went missing. She said their investigation is now more focused and that they continue to follow up on leads.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...bo-abduction-police-presence-henderson-county

Really? Here we are 9 months later and it doesn't sound like it's any more focused than it was the day Holly vanished.

Because people lie sometimes.

And the brother was the only witness, so all they have to go on is rather bizarre story.

They don't bring in cadaver dogs unless there is a strong possibility or suspicion of death, and obviously there was none. Cadaver dogs and handlers would have to be brought in from another part of the state, and that costs the agency money. No sheriff is going to start racking up big bills within the first few hours unless he has good reason to.
I don't find the story that bizarre. There are some things that are a bit confusing (to us) but very few cases make perfect sense until someone is arrested and more of the details come out once it goes to court.

I am completely confused. The third photo is not Holly. The eyes and the shape of the face are completely different. Looks more like Natalie to me..see pic #35 and compare the faces in the photos.

Natalie?? Please explain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member