TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you check out this guy's criminal convictions? WTH was he doing out of jail? :banghead:

Did the Bobos have newspaper deliveries?

My understanding is they are delivered bulk mail.

It seems he had quite a few sentences and convictions that resulted in very little aggregate jail
or prison time served. Some seemed to me serious charges in one year, only to be available the
next, to commit a crime and be convicted for it elsewhere.

I don't understand why he was not subject to Three Strikes when he had like, maybe 6 or 7.

DECATURVILLE — Karen Bobo, mother of missing Decatur County nursing student Holly Bobo, said Monday her family remains hopeful 10 months after her daughter’s disappearance.

“Just because it’s 10 months doesn’t make it any easier. In fact, I think it gets harder every day,” Karen Bobo said. “But we’re not gonna give up.”

more at the link

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120214/NEWS01/302140016

Did you check out this guy's criminal convictions? WTH was he doing out of jail? :banghead:

Did the Bobos have newspaper deliveries?

I wish we knew the details of his rape and sexual assault cases, like what level of violence was involved. Unfortunately, these type of crimes often spend 10 or less years in jail...but this guy is a repeat offender? I remember years ago reading about chemical castration as an option but Im not sure where that ended up.

It's sort of depressing to keep coming back to this thread hoping that something has broken, only to find that things are in the same state as when I visited the last time. I wish there was something more to do. Any suggestions?

It's sort of depressing to keep coming back to this thread hoping that something has broken, only to find that things are in the same state as when I visited the last time. I wish there was something more to do. Any suggestions?

In this amount of time you could go through the police academy and become a cop and get the inside dope on what LE is or isn't doing...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

The Brittanee Drexel case is another mysterious one. At least here there seems to be a break. There is the possibility that whoever kidnapped Holly has been or will be involved in another crime and that LE could work backwards from there to here.
http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/tag/raymond-moody/
In Britanee's case, LE has been on this guy at least the last 6 months and it is encouraging that LE is saying they received more credible info within the last week. Hopefully there can be some sort of resolution soon for both of these cases. It does go to show that it is not uncommon for LE to be looking right at somebody but not have the evidence to move forward.

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/tag/raymond-moody/
In Britanee's case, LE has been on this guy at least the last 6 months and it is encouraging that LE is saying they received more credible info within the last week. Hopefully there can be some sort of resolution soon for both of these cases. It does go to show that it is not uncommon for LE to be looking right at somebody but not have the evidence to move forward.

They might have been looking into him for 6 months but shes been gone 3 years, so it took 2.5 years to come across him

Why do they let these child rapists out? I don't get it.

Brittanee's case is/was another mystery. I always felt one of her friends knew what happened but it looks like that doesn't seem to be the case (??)

I wish we knew "the facts" in Holly's case.

Why do they let these child rapists out? I don't get it.

Brittanee's case is/was another mystery. I always felt one of her friends knew what happened but it looks like that doesn't seem to be the case (??)

I wish we knew "the facts" in Holly's case.

Why do they let any rapist, sex offender, murderer, kidnapper, etc. out? All of those things should be mandatory life or death sentences with no appeal, no chance of parole.

The car with the camo and cell phone were found so early on... what do we know about them?

Especially when the thread gets topped by discussion of a completely different case.

No its worth pointing out that a break in Holly's case can occur if/when/perhaps if who ever abducted her commits another crime or is suspected of another crime. That is often the case. It may take several crimes to be able to identify the suspect in Holly's disappearance. You may also find that seemingly unrelated crimes are, actually, related.

For example, the man convicted in the murder of Anne Pressly was initially questioned for involvement in burglaries and dealing in stolen goods. In between the robberies and murder he was also identified as a rapist. DNA samples obtained during the burglary investigation ultimately tied him to the rape and murder. It took 3 seemingly unrelated crimes to catch him (and solve all of the crimes).

No its worth pointing out that a break in Holly's case can occur if/when/perhaps if who ever abducted her commits another crime or is suspected of another crime. That is often the case. It may take several crimes to be able to identify the suspect in Holly's disappearance. You may also find that seemingly unrelated crimes are, actually, related.

For example, the man convicted in the murder of Anne Pressly was initially questioned for involvement in burglaries and dealing in stolen goods. In between the robberies and murder he was also identified as a rapist. DNA samples obtained during the burglary investigation ultimately tied him to the rape and murder. It took 3 seemingly unrelated crimes to catch him (and solve all of the crimes).

True, but they did have DNA, if I remember correctly...we have no idea if there is any DNA in Holly's case, or if there is, is it with her body, which may never be found?

I would rather there be lots of posts about Holly's case everyday, even if it was just discussing what we already know, then for the forum to sit at a standstill waiting for a huge development that might never come.

I would rather there be lots of posts about Holly's case everyday, even if it was just discussing what we already know, then for the forum to sit at a standstill waiting for a huge development that might never come.

Me too, but what we "know" in this case is almost nothing.

True, but they did have DNA, if I remember correctly...we have no idea if there is any DNA in Holly's case, or if there is, is it with her body, which may never be found?

We don't know much of anything, so who knows for sure. Also, I hate it that people do focus just on DNA. Crimes have been solved for hundreds of years without DNA.

My point is ultimately that with this case seemingly pretty cold (no new real substantive news for months) it may take another crime by the same suspect to bring reasolution to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj