TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems all we have is a shakey eyewitness account... so what do we really have (if we leave it out).

Beautiful petite blond, blue eyed, 20 yr old driving a flashy black mustang, cousin to a country singer.
A scream at 7:40 am as she leaves for school, heard by neighbor.
Neighbor calls 911.
Police find blood and spilled soda by her car.
Holly is missing.

Clearly, a planned abduction. Holly is a very special 'type' of girl. One that is worth a fortune in the underground world of trafficking. The family would need a PI to get into the teen world of fast cars, sex and drugs to find her. Young women in the suburbs of America are sold into these situations quite often by someone they know, a friend or acquaintance. She could be as close as Nashville. jmo

I just watched a Dateline episode on the sad story of Denise Lee's abduction in west-central Florida in 2008 and it made me think about Holly.

Denise lived in a subdivision that was relatively unoccupied after the housing crisis, there were a lot of empty homes in the area. She was abducted from her home at about 2:00 in the afternoon by a man named Michael King. A young woman who was visiting a neighbor's house happened to notice a green Camaro sitting in the Lee's driveway at that time with a man inside, so like Holly's case there was a witness to the abduction (and the neighbor didn't realize it was an abduction at the time).

From there Denise's story is different from Holly's because there were multiple 911 calls from witnesses who saw King with Denise (and a call from Denise herself). Saddest of all is the fact that Denise didn't survive the ordeal because responders failed to act on the info they got regarding King's specific location.

But what Denise went through does have a similarity with Holly in that she was abducted from her home during the daytime. The only connection I've seen drawn between the Denise and her abductor is that Michael King may have seen her at the post office and followed her home. Holly's abduction does seem to have taken more planning but there are similarities. I do think that Holly's abductor may have noticed her without her realizing it.

King didn't have a serious police record but he had done some stuff throughout his life that wasn't reported to police (like a workplace sexual assault).

seems all we have is a shakey eyewitness account... so what do we really have (if we leave it out).

Beautiful petite blond, blue eyed, 20 yr old driving a flashy black mustang, cousin to a country singer.
A scream at 7:40 am as she leaves for school, heard by neighbor.
Neighbor calls 911.
Police find blood and spilled soda by her car.
Holly is missing.

Clearly, a planned abduction. Holly is a very special 'type' of girl. One that is worth a fortune in the underground world of trafficking. The family would need a PI to get into the teen world of fast cars, sex and drugs to find her. Young women in the suburbs of America are sold into these situations quite often by someone they know, a friend or acquaintance. She could be as close as Nashville. jmo
I can agree with the premise of everything you have stated, but IMO it is hard to look at this as a human trafficking situation. When we consider CB's accounts of that morning, why would a someone in that line of work spend 15 minutes with their victim (arguing and walking around by the garage), why would they casually walk away towards the woods? Why would they scatter her belongings around the county? Usually traffickers will lure or quickly abduct a victim and minimize any connection that can be made back to them.
It appears that HB was violently attacked in some fashion by camo man. The perp in this case apparently knew the family's routine well enough, meaning they already knew or they had been stalking them. Do we think traffickers will stalk victims in rural areas and plan to abduct them from their home right as they are leaving for school or would they pick an equally attractive young women and abduct them as an opportunity presents itself? (such as an intoxicated woman walking down a dark street or a women walking down an empty alleyway) Also, there are so many vulnerable young women that traffickers generally do not need to abduct anybody, luring and coercing is a preferred method because it does not require drawing attention to your activities by abducting somebody. IMO This logic could also be applied to why camo man was probably not very involved in the local drug trafficking, this case sparked extensive searching of the community and we now know that MANY meth labs were busted up, not very good for business.
I could go on and on with that line of thinking, but here is something else to consider.
The traffickers have to expose these women to the public to make money, so would traffickers be holding onto a young woman whose face had just been plastered all over TV and amber alerts and risk being caught because of one girl?
Again, the trafficking angle cannot be ruled out, but I doubt that is what happened to HB. I could see the idea of somebody paying to have her abducted to keep for selfish reasons, but to abduct in a high profile way and then expose a victim to the public? This is not Mexico we are talking about.
Usually the simplest answers make the most sense and the simplest way to view this case is somebody was obsessed with HB and had to have her and used their knowledge of her families routine and the local area to make her vanish. I would also add that there is a good chance that HB was familiar with her abductor and vice-versa, otherwise a stranger spooked her and she screamed, caused her to bleed and then they had a nice morning walk and talk around her home for 15 minutes while her brother was a stones throw away.
Of course there is the REAL possibility that we do not know the true events of that morning and as time has went by, it has become harder and harder to buy into the accounts we have been given, something has been amiss in this case since day one and nobody has made an earnest attempt to clarify any details, the story just gets fishier with every new tidbit that is released.

I can agree with the premise of everything you have stated, but IMO it is hard to look at this as a human trafficking situation. When we consider CB's accounts of that morning, why would a someone in that line of work spend 15 minutes with their victim (arguing and walking around by the garage), why would they casually walk away towards the woods? Why would they scatter her belongings around the county? Usually traffickers will lure or quickly abduct a victim and minimize any connection that can be made back to them.
It appears that HB was violently attacked in some fashion by camo man. The perp in this case apparently knew the family's routine well enough, meaning they already knew or they had been stalking them. Do we think traffickers will stalk victims in rural areas and plan to abduct them from their home right as they are leaving for school or would they pick an equally attractive young women and abduct them as an opportunity presents itself? (such as an intoxicated woman walking down a dark street or a women walking down an empty alleyway) Also, there are so many vulnerable young women that traffickers generally do not need to abduct anybody, luring and coercing is a preferred method because it does not require drawing attention to your activities by abducting somebody. IMO This logic could also be applied to why camo man was probably not very involved in the local drug trafficking, this case sparked extensive searching of the community and we now know that MANY meth labs were busted up, not very good for business.
I could go on and on with that line of thinking, but here is something else to consider.
The traffickers have to expose these women to the public to make money, so would traffickers be holding onto a young woman whose face had just been plastered all over TV and amber alerts and risk being caught because of one girl?
Again, the trafficking angle cannot be ruled out, but I doubt that is what happened to HB. I could see the idea of somebody paying to have her abducted to keep for selfish reasons, but to abduct in a high profile way and then expose a victim to the public? This is not Mexico we are talking about.
Usually the simplest answers make the most sense and the simplest way to view this case is somebody was obsessed with HB and had to have her and used their knowledge of her families routine and the local area to make her vanish. I would also add that there is a good chance that HB was familiar with her abductor and vice-versa, otherwise a stranger spooked her and she screamed, caused her to bleed and then they had a nice morning walk and talk around her home for 15 minutes while her brother was a stones throw away.
Of course there is the REAL possibility that we do not know the true events of that morning and as time has went by, it has become harder and harder to buy into the accounts we have been given, something has been amiss in this case since day one and nobody has made an earnest attempt to clarify any details, the story just gets fishier with every new tidbit that is released.

Yea, thats why I threw out the CB statement in my hypothesis. If I included his statement in my analysis, I agree that she knew her abductor and so did CB and KB. Please dont take these as disparaging remarks against HB. He could have been a drug dealing friend. Who comes to your house at dawn to threaten you? A collector. If there was extended conversation, what about? What starts with a punch in the face and a bloody nose, and a chat that ends up in a drive to oblivion... CB was afraid to approach. He knew who it was but wont tell for fear of personal harm. (someone local, powerful undergound criminal)

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120127/NEWS03/301270054/Police-intensify-crackdown-gang-activity

For crimes to be solved, usually LE needs a confession, eyewitness(es) and/or physical or circumstantial evidence. In Holly's case, I have my doubts that the eyewitness would ever be of value in the future, if he has not already told LE who the person was, since his descrption is so vague. I also doubt there will be a confession. That is just JMO.

As far as physical/circumstantial evidence, LE would need things such as fingerprints or DNA to match, phone records to indicate location and call records to show prior contact, video of the suspect in the area, tire impressions matching a suspect's vehicle, etc...also, ideally, they would have Holly, either alive to testify, or deceased, with possible trace evidence from her body, if not DNA, then perhaps fiber or hair evidence.

I agree there are other ways to convict a criminal besides DNA, but without it, they have to first have a viable suspect and obtain some of the types of evidence mentioned above. If all LE has at this point is Clint, that is bad news for Holly and her family. If by chance they do have some DNA, (left on lunchpail, i.e.) LE could possibly get lucky and back into a suspect via a future crime and "cold hit" thru a database.

I'm not getting human trafficking from this crime at all...young women much more vulnerable than Holly are far too easily obtained from the streets of any city. And I am not buying the "son of a powerful local" theory. I believe Holly was either taken by someone she knows well, or she was stalked/abducted by a relative stranger. Either way, I think she was taken out of the area/county right away, and was probably miles away before anyone ever entered the woods to search.

All just JMO from a year (almost) of thinking.

I believe Holly was either taken by someone she knows well, or she was stalked/abducted by a relative stranger. Either way, I think she was taken out of the area/county right away, and was probably miles away before anyone ever entered the woods to search.
Miles away... like Nashville? Do you think she is still alive?

I just watched a Dateline episode on the sad story of Denise Lee's abduction in west-central Florida in 2008 and it made me think about Holly.

Denise lived in a subdivision that was relatively unoccupied after the housing crisis, there were a lot of empty homes in the area. She was abducted from her home at about 2:00 in the afternoon by a man named Michael King. A young woman who was visiting a neighbor's house happened to notice a green Camaro sitting in the Lee's driveway at that time with a man inside, so like Holly's case there was a witness to the abduction (and the neighbor didn't realize it was an abduction at the time).

From there Denise's story is different from Holly's because there were multiple 911 calls from witnesses who saw King with Denise (and a call from Denise herself). Saddest of all is the fact that Denise didn't survive the ordeal because responders failed to act on the info they got regarding King's specific location.

But what Denise went through does have a similarity with Holly in that she was abducted from her home during the daytime. The only connection I've seen drawn between the Denise and her abductor is that Michael King may have seen her at the post office and followed her home. Holly's abduction does seem to have taken more planning but there are similarities. I do think that Holly's abductor may have noticed her without her realizing it.

King didn't have a serious police record but he had done some stuff throughout his life that wasn't reported to police (like a workplace sexual assault).

Do you know how he targeted her? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member