TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read both, the two stations had opposite info as to whether or not anything was found...
Here is the paragraph from the WMCTV article which MagnoliaMom linked in her post that refers to found articles in the search.

"However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

"One mounted unit came from DeKalb County, AL, and the sheriff wrote a news release saying that they discovered "significant articles of
evidence."

The sheriff wouldn't say what those items were and neither would the TBI."
So the WMCTV (above)website agrees with the Fox6 website that I
quoted in my previous post.

The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to
find several significant articles of evidence.​

Now,I am not sure I answered your question or if I am still so baffled by the
flip flop at the WAFF website which changed their article from "significant
article" found in search..... to "did not find anything".

So we have two news sources (WMCTV and Fox6) saying "significant" and WAFF switching from "significant" to "did not find anything".

Here is the paragraph from the WMCTV article which MagnoliaMom linked in her post that refers to found articles in the search.

"However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

"One mounted unit came from DeKalb County, AL, and the sheriff wrote a news release saying that they discovered "significant articles of
evidence."

So we have two news sources (WMCTV and Fox6) saying "significant" and WAFF switching from "significant" to "did not find anything".

Why should that surprise you!
Ever sind April 13th all inf has flip flopped since she was Dragged led or walked in fear for her life. JMO

I am really surprised the media doesn't fact check but maybe they have limited budgets. All this does is cause problems for the investigation and stress on the family.

They do fact check!
I think they might be told to change certain things!

JMO

Nothing out of the local news so my guess is they were asked to remain quiet!

Jmo

Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."

http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...-Join-Bobo-Search/KWVADzzPpEuX5dZE6mSDYA.cspx

Anyone know where Hollys grandmothers property is located?
TIA

posting a gentle reminder that we are not sleuthing family members: they are victims. (we have had problems with this in the past... so this is a preventative reminder)

this lands at random

Why do u suppose LE keeps changing the latest info?
they found something they didnt find anything!

Im not sure LE changed it or the news station bungled it. Most all reports including new ones today say something was found.

I do think and this is just my opinion that LE requested silence.
the local news has said nothing.
Its all come from out of ther area.

Strangest case i ever followed and that the truth!

I do think and this is just my opinion that LE requested silence.
the local news has said nothing.
Its all come from out of ther area.

Strangest case i ever followed and that the truth!

I dont think LE requested silence since 10 to 1 news reports cite the Sheriff as saying things were found and one station showed his actual printed release.

They do fact check!
I think they might be told to change certain things!

JMO

Nothing out of the local news so my guess is they were asked to remain quiet!

Jmo

They didn't do a complete fact check in these recent articles. Sometimes there is a reason why things are not in the media as it could hurt an investigation. While I know people are curious, have concern and want to know everything that is going on naturally.. if it is in the best interest of an investigation for information to remain confidential then I think anyone would be willing to forgo - When you read the parts in the article about the locals saying the searchers would not disclose information that means 99.9 percent of the teams that were also there know how to follow instructions as professionals.

I will post this article again and I HIGHLY recommend for people to share it with all about what families are subjected to when they have a missing person - This goes PERFECTLY inline with the "blogger" who claimed a body was found this past weekend - totally false and puts a family in a tailspin and creates another mountain of anguish on top of one another:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/families-h...rivate-torment/story?id=15508160#.T00AHJh9020

SNIPPED:

Monica Caison, the founder and director of the North Carolina-based CUE Center for Missing Persons, has had clients get terrifying phone calls in the middle of the night with someone wailing "Mommy" and pretending to be their missing child. Caison said the mother had a "complete nervous breakdown" following the call.

Others fend off virtual attacks.

"It's a scary thing when you open up a friend request and it's your kids," Caison said. "For two seconds, your heart drops. For 10 minutes, you wonder if it's the thing you've been waiting for."

SNIPPED:

"The families are tormented by letters from psychics, fake Facebook pages, anonymous letters and mysterious phone calls, among other attacks.

"It's very hard. I went through everything. My son was missing for two years, two months and 12 days," Dwayne Baker told ABCNews.com. "Psychics called me. I even received a DVD in the mail that a guy claimed he could talk to the dead and this was Travis' voice, with no return address. I don't understand why people would want to do that."

SNIPPED:

"We were definitely caught by surprise. We had no idea of the cruelty out there," Karen Bobo, the mother of missing Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo, told ABCNews.com.

SNIPPED:

"The Bobo family has also received "strange" and "hurtful" emails and letters.

"At the moment when you do receive a letter or something, there's an instant panic that sets in and then you get past that and you have to remember to keep focus where it should be and that's finding Holly," Bobo said. "It's extremely hard for me to comprehend what someone would gain from something like that."

The anguish takes a toll on families already coping with the disappearance."

More at the link posted above - Please share

Why do u suppose LE keeps changing the latest info?
they found something they didnt find anything!

When I was a member of TES, as we did searches we would mark anything we found along the way. Clothes, discarded items like soda cans, food wrappers, etc.... while these items might be of evidence, they also might not. But during the search EVERYTHING gets marked, just in case. Then after LE gets to look them over to decide if they are relevant or not, much of it is disregarded. So, while during the search, lots of stuff is found, in the end, you got nothing.

evidence."

I didn't really have a question...just pointing out that as per usual with this case, we have different versions of a simple fact, whether or not LE claims anything was found that will help the investigation. I have no opinion on it, as I have no idea. Just a little disgusted that we get both versions. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes