TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me the ONLY thing that has not been changed or questioned is that her brother was the last person to see her...

(not accusing anyone of anything - just saying this is ALL we have that is firm)

Edit to add: Lunch bag

Hi Welcome! All good thoughts. I am not trying to rule out anything and keep an open mind. I usually just get an idea in my head and stick with it and am wrong. At this point we don't have much to go on besides a young women is missing. So I thought I would keep all ideas open.

I think a few things in the perps behavior is significant:

1) He went to her house.
2) He went to her house but did not take her back inside the house.
3) He was in a semi-remote area but still took her into the woods.

He he took her out of the remoteness of the woods, why?

Not only that he says the neighbors heard screaming Why didnt the brother hear the screams? The neighbors are not real close to their house its a bit a distance away.

Opinion on my part...but because she was closer to their houses at that point. The roadblocks were being conducted on a road that feeds the area to her south. An area where supposedly this neighbor lives that heard the scream.

I kind of believe she screamed when she realized this wasn't going to end well/she was being kidnapped. I have a neighbor who I'm told is a wild woman when she fights were her husband and I have never heard a word of it...she's 300 feet through the woods. IMO, I think if the scream and 911 call was real it points to why they are doing what they are doing in that area today.

They are hoping they find someone that remembers something.

I think a few things in the perps behavior is significant:

1) He went to her house.
2) He went to her house but did not take her back inside the house.
3) He was in a semi-remote area but still took her into the woods.

He he took her out of the remoteness of the woods, why?

1) he went to her house becasue he felt that was the best place to nab her

2) he went to her house and didnt take her back inside because her brother was there

3) He took her (somewhere) to do whatever it was he was going to do and to get away from the area. He had no idea how soon or not the cops would be on his trail or if he had been seen. Woudln't you go into the woods versus stay in the drive way?

Were the roadblocks just set up today? Its the first time i'd heard anything about them. You'd think that would have been done much sooner...

Opinion on my part...but because she was closer to their houses at that point. The roadblocks were being conducted on a road that feeds the area to her south. An area where supposedly this neighbor lives that heard the scream.

I kind of believe she screamed when she realized this wasn't going to end well/she was being kidnapped. I have a neighbor who I'm told is a wild woman when she fights were her husband and I have never heard a word of it...she's 300 feet through the woods. IMO, I think if the scream and 911 call was real it points to why they are doing what they are doing in that area today.

I agree in thick woods, you have to be pretty close to hear a scream.

Why would he have taken her south?

Not only that he says the neighbors heard screaming Why didnt the brother hear the screams? The neighbors are not real close to their house its a bit a distance away.

...With the quiet that would normally pervade the area at that hour, sound must travel better than one might imagine.

The thing about the neighbor hearing her is they are saying she called 911 at 7:30am approximately but the majority of the reports say her brother SAW her outside at approximately 8am in her yard with different reports of what he saw. My question is how could she get within the neighbors range so quickly and out of the range of her home?..

I just keep wondering how they would survive a week in the woods unless the abducter had something set up. The more time that goes by the more I feel they aren't in there... not alive anyways. Let's hope that's not the case.

I live out in the country surrounded by woods. I can hear neighbors which are over a mile away calling their cattle. Other neighbors have dogs which we can hear barking and they are close to 2 miles away (via road...closer as the crow flies).

A piercing "help me" type scream would carry for a long way in the quiet countryside.

The brother might have simply been in the shower with the radio or TV on. I have a grass strip runway next to my house. My house is so well insulated that we have literally had small planes land and we didn't know it until we saw them out the LR's bay windows.

My other guess is that perhaps the scream is what woke CB up from sleep. He looked out the windows, saw his sister with "her boyfriend" and disregarded the scream as something from his dreams. Ever have a dream wake you up?

I just keep wondering how they would survive a week in the woods unless the abducter had something set up. The more time that goes by the more I feel they aren't in there... not alive anyways. Let's hope that's not the case.

I agree they are not alive in the woods.

1) he went to her house becasue he felt that was the best place to nab her

2) he went to her house and didnt take her back inside because her brother was there

3) He took her (somewhere) to do whatever it was he was going to do and to get away from the area. He had no idea how soon or not the cops would be on his trail or if he had been seen. Woudln't you go into the woods versus stay in the drive way?

One thing (among many) I would really like to know is whether the brother is normally home at that time. I wouldn't expect anyone to abduct you from in front of your house in broad daylight if he thought there was even a remote possibility a witness might be inside.

That's the way to the nearest major road and also provided the most direct route over open country. There are also multiple turnoffs where a car could have been pulled off the road and maybe gone unnoticed for an hour. Take a look at the Bing Birdseye I posted. I'm guessing no more than 500' through the woods to open ground.

The thing about the neighbor hearing her is they are saying she called 911 at 7:30am approximately but the majority of the reports say her brother SAW her outside at approximately 8am in her yard with different reports of what he saw. My question is how could she get within the neighbors range so quickly and out of the range of her home?..

I think something about the timeline is wrong. they've never updated us but it might be like so much else...incorrect.

Wouldn't be that hard this time of year but I doubt they're in the woods. The profiling book I posted says about 80% involve transport. That means statistically speaking there's about an 8 in 10 chance she wasn't in the woods for long.

That said I agree we are passing time thresholds now.

Just wondering were there any flights out of that regional airport that morning?

According to Whitney Duncan's FB page, I do not see her saying that she has offered an additional $75,000 reward. I think that was rumor or conjecture.

Whitney says that this article is the most correct:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42613907/

So, from this article I gather the following to be correct:

Lunchbox was found eight miles from her home
Investigators said Holly Bobo's white lunch box was recovered from a creek about eight miles from her home

Brother believed she was talking to her boyfriend - UNTIL he found blood by her car
Clint saw his sister outside the house with a man before she was kidnapped at around 7:30 a.m. But he only saw the man from the back, and he thought he was her boyfriend.

He did not become suspicious until he went outside and saw blood. Then he called 911.

The blood has not yet been confirmed to be Holly's
TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said the TBI has not yet confirmed whether the blood outside the house belonged to Holly Bobo

The brother was not suspicous because she was being led not forced
clarified that she was being held by the hand or arm, but not in a forceful manner.

Here's my take on "sounds in the woods". Have a property (with houses) that looks very similar to the Bobo's layout..clearings and then wood. There are hunting dogs all around. Whenever you hear them howling, they're much further away than it seems.

Same with people. Our neighbor (about a mile away) was yelling for her dog, BF thought someone was in deep trouble and set out on ATV. She was 1.5 miles away, okay and thanked BF for concern, but still. We thought it was within easily a half mile. I think it depends a lot on the terrain and how thick the foliage is (i.e. summer/winter).

FWIW

ETA: Oh, and the turkey hunters scare the you know what out of me! I hear them "calling" and it sounds like they're right there...but they're not. Property lines are way too far and I've checked it out. They sound SO much closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18