TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waves to everyone :wave: Just wanted to leave a random message here because I remember seeing a news report and I may have my officials mixed up. The police chief had ruled the boyfriend and brother out but the county sheriff would not rule out the boyfriend or brother and it turned into

Ruled out, Ruled in, Ruled out, Ruled in- Two different officials opinion.

So those saying the boyfriend and brother were ruled out are correct
Those saying the boyfriend and brother are not ruled out are correct also.

Everyone is right lol

No one should have been ruled out that quickly, unless they had a tight alibi. It was crazy for any law enforcement official to rule anyone out so early on without knowing for sure.

I'm reading the NG transcripts and they are saying that Holly lunch pail was found with blood stains on it.

Did anyone else hear this?

This is not good at all :(

and that blood was found in her garage, not the carport.

Anything on that show should be taken with a BIG grain of salt. Its notoriously bad, inaccurate and mixed up. A lot of what has been reported gets mixed up because there is no new information. Reporters and writers just recycle and mix up the same news, often muddling things up and mixing details.

It is generally accepted that:

Blood was found in the car port. Some probably inaccurate reports call this a garage. But essentially its the same thing... the concrete area in the front of a house where you park a car. Typically a garage has a door... I envision this to be semi enclosed with a roof but I can't say I have seen a photo.

The lunch bag was found some 8 miles from the house. No blood

Tape with hair was found at some point away from the house with no blood (the tape was shown on tv)

But you see all of this mixed up saying tape with blood was found, lunch bag with blood was found with the tape, tape with blood was found in the car port, etc. All just bad writing.

I wonder why he didn't call Holly in the first place?

I mean, in the article it is said that the brother called parents, friend, ex-bf but not Holly???

Praying and hoping the Holly is found today. Day 7 of Holly missing.

But Carla, I don't think it's "just bad writing." They are news reporters. They are charged with giving the public the facts. If they make a mistake, then they need to retract it. IMO

I wonder why he didn't call Holly in the first place?

maybe he tried? Im sure we do not know every single detail of what happened. That could be one of the prompts to call 911... called her and got no answer, etc. I suppose it really doesn't matter either aside from just being a detail.

I agree!
Last night on NG it was like they were doing a show about Whitney Duncan not Holly BoBO. It was not the time nor place for publicity...JMO

heck i had never heard of her and i listen to country..

I liked Deb Norvell we didnt have all the grandstanding like Nancy does.
but alas i love Nancy cause she sure does her part for the Missing!!!

It was the Whitney Duncan show last night on NG, I agree. I've never heard of her. She's just another person trying to claw their way to the top of the music business IMO. I love Ms Norvell, & wish she'd take Nancy's place forever!

maybe he tried? Im sure we do not know every single detail of what happened. That could be one of the prompts to call 911... called her and got no answer, etc. I suppose it really doesn't matter either aside from just being a detail.

LOL carla we dont have ANY detail LOL

This IMO is the reason for the passage of time with no 911 call immediately..Why would he when he saw what he thought was his sister outside talking with her boyfriend??..IMO it was only later when he heard loud voices[stated as arguing in an article]that he actually went outside to see exactly what was going on IMO it was at that time that he saw the blood on the carport and could not locate his sister

This is the only article I've read that says the brother heard arguing (correct me if I'm wrong):

(I bolded to place emphasis) I believe this is where we all started believing that Holly had an ex-boyfriend who was arguing with her. And it's not our imagination. It's a news article? Since when do news articles report heresay, inuendo and rumor?

Aren't news reporters supposed to check their facts? Or if a reporter made a mistake, retract?

and it says the ex-boyfriend not the boyfriend
--------------------------------
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.

also in the article:

About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway. He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

BBM
And there's the problem! This is NOT a news report. If you go to the site and click on the top list option labled "become an examiner" you will see that all one has to do is pick a topic and start writing about it. No requirement for "fact checking" or skill or training in any kind of proper journalistic technique. It is simply a blog spot for people who want to write, while some may be good at what they do and actually attempt to get facts before writing, others may make no attempt to do anything but make up inferences from internet message board postings and their own assumptions. Many of the articles referenced have a multitude of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, so it is safe to assume they have numerous factual errors, also.

jmo

It was the Whitney Duncan show last night on NG, I agree. I've never heard of her. She's just another person trying to claw their way to the top of the music business IMO. I love Ms Norvell, & wish she'd take Nancy's place forever!

Nancy has had her commentating for the past couple of weeks i think they are gonna slip her in when Miss Nancy isnt there I like her!

But Carla, I don't think it's "just bad writing." They are news reporters. They are charged with giving the public the facts. If they make a mistake, then they need to retract it. IMO

A retraction is unlikely. It is bad reporting IMHO. Writers just recycle stuff. Half of the Bobo articles still say she was seen "being dragged away". I recall from the Anne Pressly story (that got me to WS in the first place) there was so much bad reporting that it was pitiful including the statements that doctors expected a full recovery (she died the next day). People in the news were just making crap up right and left.

Thank you, thank you, thank you raeann. I believe this is the source of where we got confused on the ex-boyfriend, the arguing, the boyfriend, etc.

What about the ex-boyfriend? What valid info have we heard on him?

I don't think we have any info or indication that there was an ex-boyfriend. or did holly and her current boyfriend break up in the days before her kidnapping and the media calls the same guy boyfriend and ex-boyfriend interchangeable.

I haven't found an article about an ex. does anyone know if there is one?

An example of sloppy writing, from an article posted TODAY...

"The Jackson Sun reports that some search organizers believe that Holly may be found in as little as five days."

Well today is day 7 ... who put that line in there? And what a dumb statement to even print.

Granted this isnt the NYT or ABC but its out there and people read it

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979245404

I don't think we have any info or indication that there was an ex-boyfriend. or did holly and her current boyfriend break up in the days before her kidnapping and the media calls the same guy boyfriend and ex-boyfriend interchangeable.

I haven't found an article about an ex. does anyone know if there is one?

I think all this ex stuff is bogus. If there was an ex LE would have looked at him first. There has been no real mention of him anywhere in any believable capacity. I suppose because in many cases the ex IS responsible, people just instantly assume if a girl goes missing its the ex. What if there isn't an ex? And if there is one, perhaps they are on good terms. I spent time with one of my ex's last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member