TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not surprised they are circling the wagons and regrouping (LE). I have seen this happen in quite a few cases.

very sad they have not found Holly yet. My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family and all that have made finding her very personal in their hearts.

On behalf of Perry County, Sheriff Tommy Hickerson committed resources to the Decatur County Sheriffs Office Task Force to assist in the Amber Alert on Ms. Holly Bobo. Chief Deputy Nick Weems and Deputy/Investigators Rodd Spaid, Chris Hickerson, and George Dittfurth were assigned to assist in the case.

Deputy Sheriffs Rich Weatherly and Bob Dillingham volunteered their time and also joined the team looking for Holly.

Additionally, Marlie, Perry County’s tracking bloodhound, was paired with Deputy Dittfurth who is a recognized expert in a number of law enforcement specialties which include human and fugitive tracking.
That last line cracked me up.
Have SAR dogs been used or only LE K9's?

Hi, Sarx. I was hoping you would pop in here. You have been enormously helpful in the Hailey Dunn case.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I remember reading somewhere that a dog or dogs had picked up Holly's scent trail. I don't remember where I read that, though, and I don't think they specified what type of dog was used.

Check this out:

-Tabitha Tuders: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tabitha-danielle-tuders

Tabitha Tuders was last seen early on the morning of April 29, 2003, at her residence in Nashville, Tennessee. She left the house on her way to board the school bus, but never got on the bus and did not arrive at school. She has not been seen nor heard from since this time.

-Amber Elizabeth Cates: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amber-elizabeth-cates

Amber Elizabeth Cates was last seen on April 11, 2004, in the Columbia, Tennessee, area. She was on her way to spend her spring break week with a relative, but has not been seen or heard from since the time she disappeared.

- Bethany Leanna Markowski: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/bethany-leanne-markowski

Bethany Markowski was last seen by her father in the parking lot of the Old Hickory Shopping Mall in Jackson, Tennessee, on the afternoon of March 4, 2001. Bethany had gone into the mall alone while her father waited for her in the car. After approximately two hours passed, Bethany's father went into the mall to look for his daughter, but was unable to locate her.

And now Holly Bobo!

Check out their stats: Heighth and weight - Very similar.

All simply vanished - and all near the same route.

(I found these names on a popular rumor site but found the actual articles because it does seem a bit peculiar)

the counties all surround Decatur county...

I been reading up on Elizabeth Shoaf's case

Snips
•When she was walking home from the bus stop a man approached her and lead her into the woods. She had the wherewithal to drop her shoes on the trail hoping it would lead us to her.
•Eventually she was allowed to leave the bunker with him. While she was out she would pull out strands of her hair and lay them on branches hoping search dogs might pick up her scent.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2008/03/07/4374426-what-elizabeth-shoaf-did-right

I been reading up on Elizabeth Shoaf's case

Snips
•When she was walking home from the bus stop a man approached her and lead her into the woods. She had the wherewithal to drop her shoes on the trail hoping it would lead us to her.
•Eventually she was allowed to leave the bunker with him. While she was out she would pull out strands of her hair and lay them on branches hoping search dogs might pick up her scent.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2008/03/07/4374426-what-elizabeth-shoaf-did-right

Why in God's name should anyone have to go thru that..

Hi CoCo ,

I think LE should have given a polygraph to the parents the bro and the BF at the very beginning of this thing if they would have done this last wed it would either rule them out or rule them in.. Maybe they did give a poly and they all failed and thats why they were added back into mix.LOL who knows

JMO

In the Kyron Horman case they all took polys
same with Haleigh cummings they all took one
Hailey dunn

Why not this one?
I am not blameing anyone just would like to see some players ruled out is all.
JMVOO

Do we know for a fact that the family members/BF have not taken polygraphs? I missed this information. I would assume with TBI and FBI involved here, these basic things have been attended to. IMO, "extremely cooperative" implies complete cooperation - even helpful.

Also, many families hire attorneys to guide them in these situations. I haven't heard that this has happened here ... anyone?

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

A TBI spokesman said the possible abductor is a man between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds and not her boyfriend. Officials said the Bobo family has been extremely cooperative in the investigation.

No one in the Bobo family has any criminal history, according to the Decatur County clerk of court. The Sheriff's Department described the Bobo family as a strong Christian family who does not deserve this situation. Authorities are pursuing many different leads.

OT: If anyone is following cases in Dallas, Tx, I just heard on Sirius a body has been found and it may be an individual that recently went missing...could not identify the body at this time.

Has anyone seen any posts from locals that know or know of the family? This case seems so tight lipped. I wonder if the police may have an idea of who they are looking for but don't want it to get out in the public/media. I wonder if the locals have been told not to speak about anything? I know the local people are searching but I would think with as many friends as she has there would be people coming out of the woodwork to talk about potential stalkers, exes, etc.

I've been just lurking on this case like many of us... not sure what to say...
but this case is really starting to freak me out....!!!
thanks to those in Tenn. who are sharing their local news clippings and such...
That last article regarding the woman in Centerville, being nearly abducted at her own house, while trying to get in her car at 5:00 am.. really got me thinking...
JMO.. but I'm starting to think that they are tracking a serial offender here...
I think that because of the extemely large reward in such a small amount of time..
I-40 having police sitting at all exits..
The US Marshalls being involved.
The FBI being involved..
TBI being involved...
and all the other neighboring counties LE being involved..
The redaction of info. that I have seen and heard with my own eyes from the LE..
The evidence being kept so quiet..
JMO.. but they already have a profile on this guy, and telling people what to look for...
again.. JMO.. maybe this case is making me too dizzy, but thats what I'm thinking....

I keep thinking about Brooke Wilberger. The guy attempted to abduct two other women before her.

The centerville woman believed he had been watching her before. Just a theory but if it is the same guy, this failed attempt probably gave him more time to think. He picked someone and stalked and planned for two months.

:pullhair: I wish something would break with this today.

OT: If anyone is following cases in Dallas, Tx, I just heard on Sirius a body has been found and it may be an individual that recently went missing...could not identify the body at this time.

Its that missing pilates instructor from the same area. Was on Fox tv news a while ago

People keep saying that they "can't believe that LE didn't do this or LE didn't do that" - We don't know that they haven't. In fact, having worked for LE myself in different departments, I can almost certainly say that they have done pretty much everything you think of that could be done. They have several agencies there and these people aren't stupid. You can't discount that they have done something just because it hasn't specifically been reported. After all, media doesn't care about these small details, they are only after the big story.

Just commenting that every morning, every day of his married life, my husband has his coffee and breakfast standing at the window staring at the park. We're going on 30 years now of morning window breakfast. I think it relaxes him and helps him think.

On the rare occasions we are camping, he stands for breakfast too.

He just loves being outside. I think the standing inside at the window feels like he's out there. Helps him organize his thoughts and get ready for his day.

I can't make anything strange out of Holly's brother looking out the window. Heck - look where they live! I'll bet almost every window has a lovely view of nature.

JMHO

I'm in the Dallas area. Let me see what I can find.

Ugh......thanks.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads