Identified! TN - Jefferson Co, Body in a Bag, Douglas Lake, Dandridge, Mar'19 - Earl Pizzoferrato

Thanks for the link! I was searching for it and couldn’t find it. Interesting new tidbits tho. I know nothing about golf bags except they are usually open on one end. They don't seem big enough for a body either. I wonder if there was a golfer’s DNA on the bag. Some poor soul could have donated it to Goodwill and be innocently caught up in this crime.

In Lenoir City, TN, an hour south, there is a huge Hispanic population that works in the mushroom processing plant. Every time there are rumors of ICE in the vicinity, that plant and local businesses nearly shut down because the workers hide. (I used to live around this area for 17 years). Now, that may not apply here if the victim is not found to be Hispanic. Just noting if a perp commits a crime, they are not known to travel far to dispose of a body. It is a straight shot on I-40.

“While the condition of the remains hasn’t allowed for investigators to determine the victim’s ethnicity, the possibility of the person being of Hispanic descent has not been ruled out.

The TBI also saying Wednesday that they’ve released a Spanish-language news release asking for more information.

The TBI also confirmed the remains were found contained in a 2008 edition Thompson Cigar Company “Match Play” Golf bag.”

Thanks for the link! I was searching for it and couldn’t find it. Interesting new tidbits tho. I know nothing about golf bags except they are usually open on one end. They don't seem big enough for a body either. I wonder if there was a golfer’s DNA on the bag. Some poor soul could have donated it to Goodwill and be innocently caught up in this crime.

Thank you Gardener1850 for the ebay link. This appears to be a travel bag that would hold your golf club bag if you were flying/travelling with it. It is pretty flashy and distinctive, but if it came from a thrift store or a dumpster, it wouldn't have much evidentiary value.

I hope this new information sparks new leads.

On the Thompson Cigar site (no photo) it says to purchase "Match Play" Cigars and get a free travel golf bag.

Match Play Augusta With Golf Bag Combo Maduro Toro - Thompson Cigar

Match Play cigars are some of the smoothest smokes you’ll ever enjoy, similar to the smoothness of Montecristo and Davidoff cigars. These delectable smokes are created with the same carefully aged and fermented tobaccos and the same meticulous manufacturing techniques as the big name brands, and the result is cigars that score an eagle on any golf course. Utilizing carefully aged and extra fermented Havana-seed long fillers and Connecticut USA wrappers in Natural or Maduro, extra fermentation is the icing on the cake that produces the smoothness associated with the industry giants. Shop Match Play cigars at Thompson Cigar and you can also get a Match Play golf bag/travel carrier!

On the Thompson Cigar site (no photo) it says to purchase "Match Play" Cigars and get a free travel golf bag.

Match Play Augusta With Golf Bag Combo Maduro Toro - Thompson Cigar

Match Play cigars are some of the smoothest smokes you’ll ever enjoy, similar to the smoothness of Montecristo and Davidoff cigars. These delectable smokes are created with the same carefully aged and fermented tobaccos and the same meticulous manufacturing techniques as the big name brands, and the result is cigars that score an eagle on any golf course. Utilizing carefully aged and extra fermented Havana-seed long fillers and Connecticut USA wrappers in Natural or Maduro, extra fermentation is the icing on the cake that produces the smoothness associated with the industry giants. Shop Match Play cigars at Thompson Cigar and you can also get a Match Play golf bag/travel carrier!
How many cigars did you have to buy to get the free bag? Who purchases that many cigars? Who has that much money to spend on cigars? Did the company keep shipping addresses and order history? Seems like that cigar company could provide a lot of clues.

…...
3) Pehaps killed by a fellow transient/traveler for his belongings/money.

Just IMO this would seem like a lot of time and effort for a fellow transient to do this. Sorry *graphic* but they would need serious equipment to remove a head, no? It feels more violent and retribution-like to me. Once again JMO though!

golf bags are not very big at all, can't believe a body would fit, ya know, unless... Also, the bag seems like a promo type thing to me. They may have brought them to events - cigar shows or similar. I don't think it's high quality, could have been from anywhere, even like a flea market... IMO.

I still think that maybe possibly he was mixed Latino and white. Just seems to me that its odd to have gerald and the walking dead not in spanish. And yes I know it's possible to have gotten them from a thrift store. Wonder what makes them think he could be Latino?

His image on DDP's site has been updated to show the shirt he was found wearing:
Jefferson-Co-John-Doe-2019_WalkingDeadManAtLake_web.jpg

cM or centiMorgans tell us how close their relatives are on these ancestry sites.
Bigger numbers mean closer relative. In this case, it's a distant cousin. There are charts to help you navigate them.

Not super distant of a relative. 167.4cM, the top match, is likely a half second cousin, second cousin once removed, half first cousin twice removed, or first cousin thrice removed. Could also be a second cousin and a couple of other options, but those are the most likely. The kind of family members you might vaguely know the names of but probably don't have contact with.

Not super distant of a relative. 167.4cM, the top match, is likely a half second cousin, second cousin once removed, half first cousin twice removed, or first cousin thrice removed. Could also be a second cousin and a couple of other options, but those are the most likely. The kind of family members you might vaguely know the names of but probably don't have contact with.

If this distant cousin were alive, it might be someone you didn’t know. But if he had disappeared and never been heard from again, I think that you would be more likely to be aware of that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back